Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes we just need to relax... What's with all this hate?

Rookie
    Born and raised in S.Ozone Park,Queens,Ny... I now live in Tampa,Florida

Post Sometimes we just need to relax... What's with all this hate?

First I just wanna let everyone know, I'm a big Jet fan, Jets fan... However you wanna say it... So I guess I'm ah Jet fan who happens to love the Jets

But one thing that gets to me is alot of people have such a big ego, like with some of the Patriot fans... I just don't understand, yea the Patriots have been a great team for the last couple of years, They have a franchise QB with a solid coach who learned alot from Bill Parcells... But damn, why throw the 4-12 season in are face in every post that we start about how "we feel the Jets can improve, and actually become a playoff team in the future" Because from what I remember... The Patriots were a lower level team for quite some time, and to be honest... Alot of us Jet fans are STRONG fans for the simple fact, every year we Root so hard, BBQ every Sunday, Always have high expectations... Just to get let down at or before the end of the season. To me, that will only make it that more sweet the day we get to call the Jets the champs. And to be honest, alot of Pat fans I know (In person) actually have alot of class about them, actually can sit down and say damn man, just keep sticking with it, one day, just one day all this bad carma around the team will turn around. But alot of Pat fans on this site just love to TROLL and add 2 cents... that we as Jet fans don't really give 2 flying fuucks about ya know?

Now... I'm not someone who says shiit like... "Why do you Pat fans post on the JI.com", or "whats the point of coming to a Jets site"... I know why Pat fans post on this site... For 1 it is very active with alot of fans who care about the Jets... I do sometimes ask them, "Whats the point of posting all day on a Jets site if you never have anything positive to say, or only dish out the negatives" I actually like and respect alot of Pat fans... Not as a fan, but as a person. Alot of Patriot fans I know in person actually have alot of class, pride, and a tight personality. I think it's great that this site has fans from other teams... It actually brings some flavor to the site, but enough is enough... When can everyone just grow up?

Now Jet fans... We also have alot of maturing to do...

For example... I can just start off with Herman Edwards. I was a huge fan of the guy, just because I loved his personality... To be honest I'm actually really glad we got a young coach in E.Mangini to give us some much needed "New Blood" in this origination. But instead of hating the man for life, and throwing him 6 feet under as a man... Can we all just think of what the guy had to go through this season??? Shiit, I'm a huge fan and was stressed out with the Jets since week 1 @ KC... Imagine how Herm "the coach" was feeling... His QB who he respects as a player, and as a man... The same player to take a small pay cut to help the Jets bring in Coles... Goes down with a injury that he just worked so hard to recover from... The backup QB J.Fiedler who we brought in (For a situation just like that) Actually goes down in the same damn game... 4 out of 5 players on the O-Line this season were playing in a different position than they were last year... E.Barton went down, we had a young secondary other than T.Law and D.Barrett...

I don't know, I just like to look at the whole picture and not just the picture in front of me. I just feel that we as Jet fans need to give the players and the coaches a change to build a dynasty... Not just try to run the whole origination out of town because a bad season... 1 year ago we were 2 kicks away from AFC Championship game... This year we are getting the #4 overall pick... I honestly feel we can be a Solid team next season.

Like I said... being a fan is simply just fun and games, I ain't getting paid for this type of work... Why not enjoy it? we only live once.

All Pro
    Can't we all just get along?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I love you all!!! Kiss Me!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Defense WinsChampionships
    First I just wanna let everyone know, I'm a big Jet fan, Jets fan... However you wanna say it... So I guess I'm ah Jet fan who happens to love the Jets

But one thing that gets to me is alot of people have such a big ego, like with some of the Patriot fans... I just don't understand, yea the Patriots have been a great team for the last couple of years, They have a franchise QB with a solid coach who learned alot from Bill Parcells... But damn, why throw the 4-12 season in are face in every post that we start about how "we feel the Jets can improve, and actually become a playoff team in the future" Because from what I remember... The Patriots were a lower level team for quite some time, and to be honest... Alot of us Jet fans are STRONG fans for the simple fact, every year we Root so hard, BBQ every Sunday, Always have high expectations... Just to get let down at or before the end of the season. To me, that will only make it that more sweet the day we get to call the Jets the champs. And to be honest, alot of Pat fans I know (In person) actually have alot of class about them, actually can sit down and say damn man, just keep sticking with it, one day, just one day all this bad carma around the team will turn around. But alot of Pat fans on this site just love to TROLL and add 2 cents... that we as Jet fans don't really give 2 flying fuucks about ya know?

Now... I'm not someone who says shiit like... "Why do you Pat fans post on the JI.com", or "whats the point of coming to a Jets site"... I know why Pat fans post on this site... For 1 it is very active with alot of fans who care about the Jets... I do sometimes ask them, "Whats the point of posting all day on a Jets site if you never have anything positive to say, or only dish out the negatives" I actually like and respect alot of Pat fans... Not as a fan, but as a person. Alot of Patriot fans I know in person actually have alot of class, pride, and a tight personality. I think it's great that this site has fans from other teams... It actually brings some flavor to the site, but enough is enough... When can everyone just grow up?

Now Jet fans... We also have alot of maturing to do...

For example... I can just start off with Herman Edwards. I was a huge fan of the guy, just because I loved his personality... To be honest I'm actually really glad we got a young coach in E.Mangini to give us some much needed "New Blood" in this origination. But instead of hating the man for life, and throwing him 6 feet under as a man... Can we all just think of what the guy had to go through this season??? Shiit, I'm a huge fan and was stressed out with the Jets since week 1 @ KC... Imagine how Herm "the coach" was feeling... His QB who he respects as a player, and as a man... The same player to take a small pay cut to help the Jets bring in Coles... Goes down with a injury that he just worked so hard to recover from... The backup QB J.Fiedler who we brought in (For a situation just like that) Actually goes down in the same damn game... 4 out of 5 players on the O-Line this season were playing in a different position than they were last year... E.Barton went down, we had a young secondary other than T.Law and D.Barrett...

I don't know, I just like to look at the whole picture and not just the picture in front of me. I just feel that we as Jet fans need to give the players and the coaches a change to build a dynasty... Not just try to run the whole origination out of town because a bad season... 1 year ago we were 2 kicks away from AFC Championship game... This year we are getting the #4 overall pick... I honestly feel we can be a Solid team next season.

Like I said... being a fan is simply just fun and games, I ain't getting paid for this type of work... Why not enjoy it? we only live once.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Koom by ya, brother, Koom bye ya...

For the record, I find value in all human beings.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Give me a break...what the hell do you care about a Pats fan?

Man, go get a dog, or something...

What kind of playa hater hates on these nobodies...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive

Apparently, the love stops right about here.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive

For the record, LMAO, I got 2 dogs, 1 male and 1 female pit, you can actually make some nice side money when the female has about 4-5 puppies, I seel each (pure full bread) for about 150-200 dollars...

Seond of all... ain't nobody trying to hate... I just don't understand the point of useless coments

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Drop dead, troll. I say we Jets fans are the Russians in '41. We'll retreat, but we'll burn down every house, salt every field, poison every well, and fight to the last man. We'll have our revenge some day.

All Pro
    So it's ok to hate the Pats fans as long as we hate them as fans and not people. OK....

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by fifty one
    So it's ok to hate the Pats fans as long as we hate them as fans and not people. OK....

I actually like and respect alot of Pat fans... Not as a fan, but as a person.

I guess that's what you mean... Umm... I said I respected alot of Pat fans... Not just as a fan.... THere is more to it, as a Person... I don't hate anyone for anything unless it involves myself, my fam, or my friends... I guess thats something you just don't quiet get yet... The only thing I'm trying to say, it I dont respect SOME Pat fans who just love to throw the 4-12 season in a jets fan face... Yea it's all fun and games... But I think after 2,000 posts of putting down someone team... You would get a little tired of it

All Pro
    jeez... your letting this stuff get to you huh?

Maybe it'll help if every time you read a Pats fans comments just envision it comes from a 450 lb slob typing with 2 fingers, laughing alone, and patting himself on the back when he hits the "submit reply" tab. I guarantee you more than 1/2 the time you'll be correct.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fifty one
    Pats fans don't count as people. Do they?

All Pro
    Defense:
    I agree with the essence of your entire post. I don't have a problem with any Pats fan being out hee though as long as we talk smack about football etc without being disrespectful. This board wouldn't nearly be as interesting as it is if we didn't have vigourous debate among other fans like Patsie fans They are not coming out here because no good football tak is being relayed. noo they are coming out here becasue this as a reuslt of the SOOT, where the passionate fans are, people wh love football.

Regarding Herm it was and is Insane a good not great coach is now being villified as the lone reason why the Jets didn't reach a SB the last five years. Was he perfect no but he gave all he had to the Jets and we made he playoffs under his watch and were interesting. Some people think that a team in which they can no info on, at which they themselves are looked at as the enemy and dirt is a fun team to root for. Well I for one can say that I hate being considered as an outsider as a fan when following my own team!!!!

And no it doesn't have to be this way!!!!! I went to school in Buffalo when the Bills were a GREAT TEAM and that team was embraced by the fans and the fans embraced that team. There was a pride from the players towards those Bills' fans, that Jets fans could only dream about. And I loved that the whole comunity were into the players and the players loved the community.

While some called Herm silly and trite, Herm tried to create that here to speak about community, team and football. There are many things that transcend the game and those things are just some of them.....

But hate Herm they will unfortunately and hence will miss out on the Joy they could have had.....

Hall Of Fame

This site is better than most

Hey Dude, good to get it off your chest but I find 95% of people are okay. The 5% are critical of everything even though they are all F....d up themselves.

The thing that did it for me with Herm is his BSing that he was going to be here this year and next. He was talking to his buddies in KC all along. I do not like hypocrits. In retrospec, he was always preaching but I didn't mind because I thought he lived by a higher standard than I did. I was wrong, he is just a hypocrit; I don't think I am so I'm better.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by Defense WinsChampionships
    For the record, LMAO, I got 2 dogs, 1 male and 1 female pit, you can actually make some nice side money when the female has about 4-5 puppies, I seel each (pure full bread) for about 150-200 dollars...

Seond of all... ain't nobody trying to hate... I just don't understand the point of useless coments
    First of all, love the dog man. Anyone that can raise dogs is fine with me all day. Check out my Parsons Jack Russell, raised by breeders

Second, I love Pats fans...I have love for the globe...I am shocked that you would care about the worthless yak they serve up.

That's all. It's a Jets website...WTF are they in here for?

Make 'em work harder for the drips of satisfaction they lick off the screen...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    And it starts right here, because what my friend foxboro fanatic is trying to say is that true love is blind......

I'm sorry, I'm not a talker, I'm not a talker.

this is turning into a sausage fest

All Pro
    He's right in a way because you never see a Pats fan (on this board) say to any one of us, don't worry, just give it time and the JETS will be playoff contenders and get to the SB soon.

The only time that they're respectful (in a way) is when they're talking only about the game of football and not about JETS football, which is another story in itself and I think you know what I'm getting at here, where I don't need to go any further than this.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan
    this is turning into a sausage fest
    Brats and Pats.