Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JJ Reddick Ridiculous 3 pointer vs BC Video Clip

JJ Reddick Ridiculous 3 pointer vs BC Video Clip

JJ Reddick 3 pointer

Reddick has a 5 on 1 fast break and instead of passing to any of the 4 open guys he shoots the three. UNREAL.

*Im not going to lie, this is my personal blog I just staretd, Im taking major headlines and talking about the cooler more hidden story. IE: Duke Beats BC by 2 in thriller, I talk and make a video of a Reddick Retarded 3 pointer. Lemme know what you think!
    Last edited by The Sowell Train; 02-02-2006 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Fix link

All League
    I like this clip better, it shows how he gets seperation:

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/dtorbert/ballpunch2.wmv

Practice Squad
    Quincy Douby > Reddick...Reddick just has A LOT MORE SUPPORT. I don't deny he's good.

The clip was funny though. Seriously...a 5 on 1 and you pull up for a jumper when 2 players had easy dunks...also notice Duke was up 14 ****ING POINTS as well. Sorry, I live in NC and HATE DUKE (I'm a fan of St. John's, Rutgers, NC State, Maryland myself) and I think J.J. Reddick is the most overrated kid in the world. In ESPN the magazine, he even said he knows he'll just be a role player in the NBA. The only college players I root for are the ones that deserve it cause they're just that good or the underdog teams with decent players that will never make it past the college level. I have no respect for 99% of the players that went to Duke.

Rookie
    Born and raised in S.Ozone Park,Queens,Ny... I now live in Tampa,Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sowell Train
    JJ Reddick 3 pointer

Reddick has a 5 on 1 fast break and instead of passing to any of the 4 open guys he shoots the three. UNREAL.

Reddick Retarded 3 pointer. Lemme know what you think!
    I played PG for 4 years in H.S... On a 5-1 fast break, yea passing to the open man and getting 2 points makes alot of sence... But if it's actually 5 on 1... Your the 5th man, you still have 4 teamates about to crash the boards... To take a 3 point shot in that situation is not "retarded"... Even if you miss, you still have 4 other teamates to grab the rebound and put it up for 2.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Defense WinsChampionships
    I played PG for 4 years in H.S... On a 5-1 fast break, yea passing to the open man and getting 2 points makes alot of sence... But if it's actually 5 on 1... Your the 5th man, you still have 4 teamates about to crash the boards... To take a 3 point shot in that situation is not "retarded"... Even if you miss, you still have 4 other teamates to grab the rebound and put it up for 2.
    My coach in high school would have benched me the rest of the game if I took that 3 regardless. He'd rather not waste time and get the easy 2. My team rarely took 3's unless it was a set play pretty much.

P.S. I'd still take Quincy Douby over Reddick for my team anyway!

All League
    redick is a selfish, overrate player. He has had a great year BUT he is still a big time choker. he never hits big shots and this is the first yr he is shooting over 42% from the field and over 41% from 3. Those %s will come down as he goes into his usual late season funk. He wears out late in games and late in seasons. He scores alot b/c he shoots alot and gets BS fouls that send him to the line where he is a great FT shooter.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by preludepunk
    My coach in high school would have benched me the rest of the game if I took that 3 regardless. He'd rather not waste time and get the easy 2. My team rarely took 3's unless it was a set play pretty much.

P.S. I'd still take Quincy Douby over Reddick for my team anyway!

so your coach is better/smarter/tougher than coach K ?

must be some coach

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    so your coach is better/smarter/tougher than coach K ?

must be some coach
    yeah but he can't intimidate officials like K.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    yeah but he can't intimidate officials like K.
    What does this have to do with Redick's 3?

redick is a selfish, overrate player. He has had a great year BUT he is still a big time choker. he never hits big shots and this is the first yr he is shooting over 42% from the field and over 41% from 3. Those %s will come down as he goes into his usual late season funk. He wears out late in games and late in seasons. He scores alot b/c he shoots alot and gets BS fouls that send him to the line where he is a great FT shooter.
    Are you going to keep saying this? The last time you said it he ended up with 40 pts. on 13 shots.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing2022000
    Are you going to keep saying this? The last time you said it he ended up with 40 pts. on 13 shots.

Exactly. I hate Duke a lot, but to fault Redick, the best three point shooter in the nation and one of the best in NCAA history, for pulling up for a wide open three is obsurd. Why should he pass the ball when that was one of the only open shots he will have in the whole game. I can understand if someone else on the team took that shot, then you would have every right to be mad. But come on, JJ doesn't miss open threes. He constantly faces double and triple teams. And Redick also led the team with 4 assists, so he does pass every once and a while.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FYtheSG
    Exactly. I hate Duke a lot, but to fault Redick, the best three point shooter in the nation and one of the best in NCAA history, for pulling up for a wide open three is obsurd. Why should he pass the ball when that was one of the only open shots he will have in the whole game. I can understand if someone else on the team took that shot, then you would have every right to be mad. But come on, JJ doesn't miss open threes. He constantly faces double and triple teams. And Redick also led the team with 4 assists, so he does pass every once and a while.
    Agreed. I hate Duke but Redick is an assassin.

Who is he on the next level? Mark Price? Iverson?

Veteran
    Coaches don't bench players for taking ridiculous shots and making them...a bad shot automatically becomes a good shot as soon as it goes in.

In any case, Reddick is awesome, but I have a hard time believing that this team is playing the way that Coach K wants them to. Even Christian Laettner didn't take 60 shots a game, like Reddick is doing now.

UConn is still the most talented team in the country.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing2022000
    really? I have been saying it for 3 years and b/c he had a great game at home gainst a mediocre UVa squad doesn' change my mind. Look up his NCAA #s then get back to me.

the best three point shooter in the nation and one of the best in NCAA history
    Please explain how "one of the bst 3P shooter's in history" has NEVER finished top 3 in his conference, NEVER finished top 30 in the Nation, NEVER hit a GW 3 despite numerous opportunities, and NEVER shot at least 41% from 3?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHiJetMan
    Agreed. I hate Duke but Redick is an assassin.

Who is he on the next level? Mark Price? Iverson?
    Trajan langdon, he'll be a big time bust in the NBA and will be in Europe w/in 3 years. he's too slow and weak for the next level and he won't get away w/ his pushoffs and getting BS fouls to send him to the FT line.

Practice Squad
    Trajan langdon, he'll be a big time bust in the NBA and will be in Europe w/in 3 years. he's too slow and weak for the next level and he won't get away w/ his pushoffs and getting BS fouls to send him to the FT line.
    Exactly Duke gets a lot of crap calls against opposing teams. I hate that pivotal points in a game always seem to go Dukes way. In a year or two UNC will be back on top and owning them so who really cares.

p.s. Quincy Douby is still better all around than Reddick

Veteran
    Interesting.

What's your take on Shelden Williams?

Practice Squad
    Just stop the hating. J.J is good enough said. No he isn't the most talented, but he gets the most out of his game. I know some of you complain that he gets all the calls, but doesn't Kobe, A.I, Lebron, etc. He doesn't get every call. When UCONN beat Duke in the final four, I watched Omeka mug J.J and nothing was called. Good players get the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHiJetMan
    Interesting.

What's your take on Shelden Williams?
    according to nyjunc working at mcdonalds after 1 year.

My take is that he'll be one of the best PFs in the NBA within 3 years, his agility and ability to block will help him to suceed in the next level. Look at what he did last night 7 blocks, nearly stole the ball off the PG while out on the perimeter, and how he beat the BC center and drove it for the dunk. He's too small to be a center in the NBA but he'll be a great PF.

All League
    douby is sick this year...kid is unreal every game...