Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Mods and Sooth.

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940

    Mods and Sooth.

    Just a thought.

    As you have a forum for the Garbage Dump, I think you should have a forum perhaps for the best post here at Jetsinsider.

    Without a search feature after your thread is off of the front page here it is basically dead.

    Theres alot of great post that people put out, and I would love to see the better debates have its own forum.

    If you guys are not bringing back the search feature, this might be a good solution.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,539
    Another option is to limit the number of new threads to allow more discussion but I like the super thread idea

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,344

    Smile

    oooh. you must mean some kind of "post of the day" type thing?

    guess what it wont happen soothie and i know why

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite
    oooh. you must mean some kind of "post of the day" type thing?

    guess what it wont happen soothie and i know why
    Why not DK?

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Why not DK?
    Yea........interested minds want to know

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC via NY
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaJet023
    Yea........interested minds want to know
    DK thinks it wouldn't happen because another site has a "post of the day" thing going on.

  7. #7
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Why not look at it as anything that isn't in the Garbage Dump is worth your effort to read? I actually don't think we need to select the best threads and seperate them...cream rises to the top.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC via NY
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    Why not look at it as anything that isn't in the Garbage Dump is worth your effort to read? I actually don't think we need to select the best threads and seperate them...cream rises to the top.
    I would default myself so that every single post of mine ended up in the Must Read - Greatest Posts Ever thread.

    A BETTER idea would be to start EVERY thread in the Garbage Dump and let the mods drop the good ones in the Landing Strip. Would be much easier on us than taking the junk from the landing strip and dropping it in the dump.

  9. #9
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet
    I would default myself so that every single post of mine ended up in the Must Read - Greatest Posts Ever thread.

    A BETTER idea would be to start EVERY thread in the Garbage Dump and let the mods drop the good ones in the Landing Strip. Would be much easier on us than taking the junk from the landing strip and dropping it in the dump.
    now that makes sense!

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet

    A BETTER idea would be to start EVERY thread in the Garbage Dump and let the mods drop the good ones in the Landing Strip. Would be much easier on us than taking the junk from the landing strip and dropping it in the dump.
    If you did that, the main page on the Landing Strip would always be blank with no threads.

  11. #11
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    100
    Come on, this board needs more threads like:

    “Will Chad be back?”
    “Where do you want the new stadium?”
    “Here’s who I would draft and why” (by a 12 year old)
    “Is Woody the Anti-Christ?”
    Poll: “What is your favorite color?”

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    20,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Jet Fan
    Come on, this board needs more threads like:

    “Will Chad be back?”
    “Where do you want the new stadium?”
    “Here’s who I would draft and why” (by a 12 year old)
    “Is Woody the Anti-Christ?”
    Poll: “What is your favorite color?”

    You forgot one very important one......."Why Do Pats Fans Post Here"....

  13. #13
    Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,323
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    You forgot one very important one......."Why Do Pats Fans Post Here"....
    <groan>

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite
    oooh. you must mean some kind of "post of the day" type thing?

    guess what it wont happen soothie and i know why

    Post of the day sounds gay.

    Im talking a forum with the better post/the opposite of the garbage dump.

    If theres a forum for the Dump, I dont see why there shouldnt be a forum for the better stuff.

    Again, this is one of the only boards that doesnt enable a search feature, and thats pretty weak. I believe besides trying to make more people pay, this was done to save Bandwidth and resources.

    If the search feature is not avalable for registered users which is a standard in team forums, this could be a decent option B.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,012
    And who will decide which post these are????????

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,751
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    Why not look at it as anything that isn't in the Garbage Dump is worth your effort to read? I actually don't think we need to select the best threads and seperate them...cream rises to the top.
    yeah, like these on 'best of'-- err, front page, now:

    Bollinger is more than a fine wine
    Just Sayin Hey
    was in JAMAICA!
    Attention Jets Gear Shoppers!
    Just Got In A Crazy Fight!
    OT: Howard Stern Show
    Matisyahu
    Started Body for Life today
    I hate people who don't know anything about football...
    One more reason to hate the Steelers
    Why the Superbowl sucked for Pittsburgh.

    (yes, that's more than a third of the front page)

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw
    And who will decide which post these are????????
    Exactly. The "Post of the Day" is the next man's Garbage dump candidate.

    How can you ever get agreement?

    Unless its a Joe Willie Namath Stadium post, for which even Pats fans would support.

  18. #18
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    11,716
    A poster a few weeks ago suggested a Hall of Fame forum for the best threads here. I think if we do anything that would be the best idea.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER
    A poster a few weeks ago suggested a Hall of Fame forum for the best threads here. I think if we do anything that would be the best idea.
    I like the way that sounds.

    Do it up guys!!!

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    This is the worst thread I have ever read. Please dump.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us