Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike and Mike in the morning just reported

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Lightbulb Mike and Mike in the morning just reported

Mike Greenburg said Eric Mangini wants Jay Cutler. He said "Jay Cutler is Eric Mangini's guy." I don't know if that's fact or just his opinion but he just said it on ESPN2 talking about the Jets don't need to take Cutler at #4 and that it will be New GM Tannenbaums first test of trying to figure out how far to trade down and still be able to get the guy you want. Again. I don't know if this is just speculation on his part or not but I thought it was interesting.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 02-08-2006 at 10:22 AM.

All League
    Yeah just heard it.

And my Nipples became hard.

I think I love it .

The possible pick and the hardness of my Nipples.

Banned
    If that's true, if the Jets really want Cutler, don't get cute about it ... forget about trading down, you might get burned by the Raiders at 6 or the fins trading up ... Just take him at #4 and be Grateful you were in a position to do so

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    If that's true, if the Jets really want Cutler, don't get cute about it ... forget about trading down ... Just take him at #4 and be Grateful you were in a position to do so
    \

That's exactly what Golic said.

Oh damn their go my nipples again.

Rookie
    Born and raised in S.Ozone Park,Queens,Ny... I now live in Tampa,Florida
    Why draft J.Cutler when we need to win now? When we can trade the 2nd round pick for M.Schaub? All I'm saying is this... Trade down in the draft, pick up Cutler... And we still need to fix the line? I honestly and high on D.Williams for the RB for the Jets, but that's not going to happen. I just say we stay at #4 and get Ferguson.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If that's true, if the Jets really want Cutler, don't get cute about it ... forget about trading down, you might get burned by the Raiders at 6 or the fins trading up ... Just take him at #4 and be Grateful you were in a position to do so
    Alot of people will argue we should try to trade down and try to get an extra pick but I have to agree with you Glen, be safe and get him when you know he's going to be there if Cutler's your guy.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 02-08-2006 at 10:37 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Defense WinsChampionships
    Why draft J.Cutler when we need to win now? When we can trade the 2nd round pick for M.Schaub? All I'm saying is this... Trade down in the draft, pick up Cutler... And we still need to fix the line? I honestly and high on D.Williams for the RB for the Jets, but that's not going to happen. I just say we stay at #4 and get Ferguson.
    Why do we need to win now. You really shouln't expect much from the Jets next year. Anything more than 4 wins next year for me is gravy.

All Pro
    Thats true. With the Raiders sitting their at 6 and the Fins openly interested getting creative could cost us. But, it gets you back to that best player best value montra. Then you also get into to the Chad and money thing. Personaly if Mangini thinks Cutler is the guy to bring the team around and be the QB for the next 7 years. Do it. This his his show.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Why do we need to win now. You really shouln't expect much from the Jets next year. Anything more than 4 wins next year for me is gravy.
    Four wins??????????

Oh hell no, I believe Mangini will have this team in the wildcard game.

You can quote me on this .

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Jets could go 8-8 this year, depending on how the chips fall. I think expecting anything more then that is not realistic.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    The Jets could go 8-8 this year, depending on how the chips fall. I think expecting anything more then that is not realistic.
    To be honest I really don't care what our record is, as long as we see improvment on the field, and coaching on the sidelines. If we lose because the other team is better, fine. But losses that are due to our own mental errors I can't tolerate.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

To be honest I really don't care what our record is, as long as we see improvment on the field, and coaching on the sidelines. If we lose because the other team is better, fine. But losses that are due to our own mental errors I can't tolerate.
    Couldn't agree with you more.

All League

Those losses you speak of were mental Errors on Herman Edwards part.

Not player mental ERRORS.

Besides the most of the offensive seemed to be on strike with all the players down we resembled a scab strike team.

Charter JI Member
    I really don't think winning now is a possibility for the Jets, the future may be very bright however if the right moves are made and a solid foundation set in the next couple of months.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Alot of people will argue we should try trade down and try to get an extra pick but I have to agree with you Glen, be safe and get him when you know he's going to be there if Cutler's your guy.
    Cutler at #4 = HUGE FRICKIN Mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Wait just one second.

The Jets dont have a complete staff yet.

Mangini has not had time to "Fall in love" with one player.

He could NOT possibly fall in love with a player yet, this is impossible.

With those facts in mind, the biggest person that COULD be in love with Cutler is Terry Bradway who attended the senior bowl but was reassigned yesterday as GM.

This could be the case in the upcoming months guy, but absolutely this is not the case right now.

With the new guys from the Ravens, Mangini yet to complete his staff, a relative new position for Mike T, and our salary cap problems(John abraham?) I think we have a few weeks before the draft is our main focus.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    I hate to agree with buttmunch here but he is right.

Cutler seems like typical post season hype for a player that played good, not great for a weak team against mostly other weak teams.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    You almost sound scared shasta.

Veteran
    EXACTLY!!DONT TRADE DOWN!!!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    I hate to agree with buttmunch here but he is right.

Cutler seems like typical post season hype for a player that played good, not great for a weak team against mostly other weak teams.

THE SEC is weak?? What have you been putting your pipe???

DJR44