Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The JETS are the dumbest team in the NFL

Banned

The JETS are the dumbest team in the NFL

if they use their number 4 pick to draft jay cutler. I 've seen a quite a few vandy games this past season and this kid is nothing special just a gunslinger who CANNOT throw the deep ball and throws into too many high risk situations. We have a guy by the name of CHAD PENNINGTON who has led this team to the playoffs twice (once when he was injured) and has 2 playoff wins (should be 3). Now that might not seem like a whole lot but compared to most other qb's in the league, it is. IF D'Brickashaw is available at #4 which is very probable, then we MUST take him. This is a no-brainer. This is the easiest draft choice we can ever make. With Mawae, Ferguson, Jones and a good FA pick up our line looks pretty good. And it needs to be if Chad plays QB which he should be.

Practice Squad
    Vandy also sucked this year. He had to force a lot of throws cause the team was crap this year. Put Cutler on USC and people would start building churches in his name.

I don't think we should take him at 4, but if we don't trade for Rivers, trading down to 7 ain't a bad idea.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AGiantJetFan
    if they use their number 4 pick to draft jay cutler. I 've seen a quite a few vandy games this past season and this kid is nothing special just a gunslinger who CANNOT throw the deep ball and throws into too many high risk situations. We have a guy by the name of CHAD PENNINGTON who has led this team to the playoffs twice (once when he was injured) and has 2 playoff wins (should be 3). Now that might not seem like a whole lot but compared to most other qb's in the league, it is. IF D'Brickashaw is available at #4 which is very probable, then we MUST take him. This is a no-brainer. This is the easiest draft choice we can ever make. With Mawae, Ferguson, Jones and a good FA pick up our line looks pretty good. And it needs to be if Chad plays QB which he should be.
    What a foolish excuse for a thread... this is our board and I have to look at threads called "The JETS are the dumbest team in the NFL"

Some of you people have no idea what being a real fan is all about.

Just because you got drunk in a bar last year and saw us win that playoff game against San Diego, now you are a fan? Go make Pittsburgh your "new" favorite team and stop spamming this baord with negative garbage!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by preludepunk
    Vandy also sucked this year. He had to force a lot of throws cause the team was crap this year. Put Cutler on USC and people would start building churches in his name.

I don't think we should take him at 4, but if we don't trade for Rivers, trading down to 7 ain't a bad idea.
    theres a good point... thanks for posting something smart in this foolish thread

Rookie
    Born and raised in S.Ozone Park,Queens,Ny... I now live in Tampa,Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by AGiantJetFan
    I agree with you... I have not seen anything "Special" about J.Cutler myself... Is he a good NCAA QB? Yes... Who would he remind me of? I would say B.Favre just because of his arm... But if you ask me, when B.Favre was in his prime... He had a better arm than Jay Cutler. I don't think Cutler will ever be a "Star" I think he will be a OK player... Jets can do better.

I been saying this whole off season I want the Jets to draft D.Williams... But the fact of the matter is this... If B.Ferguson is around at #4... We have to draft him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by momentoftrth
    theres a good point... thanks for posting something smart in this foolish thread

I think this post is ridiculous but I don't want Cutler at 4 and I don't want him at 7.

I don't want him at all.

Hall Of Fame
    wouldn't it be dumb to go into next year praying chad comes all the way back with no insurance policy ?

I'd rather draft a young gun than trade for a back-up or sign a re-tread.

how will everyone feel if cutler goes to miami ? like we screwed up again right ?

Rookie
    Born and raised in S.Ozone Park,Queens,Ny... I now live in Tampa,Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny
    I think this post is ridiculous but I don't want Cutler at 4 and I don't want him at 7.

I don't want him at all.

Why draft Cutler at 4... When we can give a 2nd and a 6th for M.Schaub from the Falcons? But I won't lie... If the Jets are looking for a young QB... I would much rather them draft Cutler and let him play behind Chad for 1 year, then Trade Abe for P.Rivers... I just think Abe and Vilma are the 2 play makers on D that we have...

Hall Of Fame
    I think we'll trade down, and grab cutler at 7 or so.

if the draft goes as expected, I'd love to listen in on the jets war room when we are on the clock. We'll probably get a few calls, and its too bad ditka doesn't have 7 picks to send us !!!!

Practice Squad
    My personal offseason would look like this:

Draft D'Brickshaw round 1
    Draft Omar Jacobs round 3
    Sign a FA O-Line guy
    Restructure Martin, Mawae and Chad's contracts
    Sign a vet to compete with Chad
    Have Omar ride the bench and learn the offense and watch the vets
    Give him the ball in the 2007-2008 season.

I'm not gonna kick and scream if we draft Cutler at 4. I just will put my trust in Mangini and hope he knows what the **** he's doing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    wouldn't it be dumb to go into next year praying chad comes all the way back with no insurance policy ?

how will everyone feel if cutler goes to miami ? like we screwed up again right ?
    I don't want to draft a qb and continue to deglect the o line. Cutler would end up looking like David Carr this past season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny

I don't want him at all.
    me neither!

Hall Of Fame

Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by preludepunk

Cutler put up mediocre numbers on a bad team but other QBs in similar situation has put up great numbers. For instance, Eli Manning and Steve McNair were on bad teams, but they put up big numbers. Why is Cutler given slack? The thing is, the guy didn't even throw the ball as much as Leinart did per season. You would think that Cutler being the only good thing going for Vandy that he would be throwing 50 times a game and put up big numbers. Great QBs with poor talent do that. But somehow Cutler should be treated as the exception.

Cutler, right now, is the Human Hype Machine. He's proved nothing in college, has mediocre numbers and has a tendecy to make bad decisions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise

a daisy fresh rookie is no "insurance" policy if Chad is done. Bollinger is more qualified to step in than Cutler.

Veteran
    OL can be acquired via FA or the later rounds of the draft. Chad Pennington is done (and was really not a great QB pre-injury anyway; he reached his ceiling in 2002). And---who is to say he won't get hurt again? They MUST draft a QB. Young is my first choice, Cutler second.

You just don't draft an o-lineman that high, IMO (even a left tackle). Remember Gallery? It was similar hype for that guy and Oakland picked him #2 overall. Well he has been moved to right guard and RT (as well as left) and Oakland's OL stinks. QB is the only way to go at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Cutler put up mediocre numbers on a bad team but other QBs in similar situation has put up great numbers. For instance, Eli Manning and Steve McNair were on bad teams, but they put up big numbers. Why is Cutler given slack? The thing is, the guy didn't even throw the ball as much as Leinart did per season. You would think that Cutler being the only good thing going for Vandy that he would be throwing 50 times a game and put up big numbers. Great QBs with poor talent do that. But somehow Cutler should be treated as the exception.

Cutler, right now, is the Human Hype Machine. He's proved nothing in college, has mediocre numbers and has a tendecy to make bad decisions.
    Completely agree. And, saying he has a "tendency to make bad decisions" is being too complimentary to him. He makes a ton of bad decisions.

I hope Cutler does well in the NFL (unless he's playing for one of our rivals), but I just don't think he will which is why I want the Jets to stay far away from him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by momentoftrth
    What a foolish excuse for a thread... this is our board and I have to look at threads called "The JETS are the dumbest team in the NFL"

Some of you people have no idea what being a real fan is all about.

Just because you got drunk in a bar last year and saw us win that playoff game against San Diego, now you are a fan? Go make Pittsburgh your "new" favorite team and stop spamming this baord with negative garbage!
    I am a real fan jackass. If the jets have a chance to get one of the best LT prospect ever and instead trade down to get a good college qb than call me crazy but thats a dumbass move.

JETS DO NOT TRADE DOWN. TAKE D'BRICKASHAW AT #4

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFX
    OL can be acquired via FA or the later rounds of the draft. Chad Pennington is done (and was really not a great QB pre-injury anyway; he reached his ceiling in 2002). And---who is to say he won't get hurt again? They MUST draft a QB. Young is my first choice, Cutler second.

You just don't draft an o-lineman that high, IMO (even a left tackle). Remember Gallery? It was similar hype for that guy and Oakland picked him #2 overall. Well he has been moved to right guard and RT (as well as left) and Oakland's OL stinks. QB is the only way to go at 4.
    You can find top 5 picks that turned into busts at alot of positions.

I am just not sold on Cutler.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFX

if u dont have good lines in football, then you're screwed. A great lines makes the avg player look like a star and makes the stars look like superstars. y is everyone so obssessed w/ drafting a qb or rb when our o-line is the real problem. I guarantee u that if the jets make significant improvements in their o-line then curtis martin will be in the top 10 in rushing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Defense WinsChampionships

Why draft Cutler at 4... When we can give a 2nd and a 6th for M.Schaub from the Falcons? But I won't lie... If the Jets are looking for a young QB... I would much rather them draft Cutler and let him play behind Chad for 1 year, then Trade Abe for P.Rivers... I just think Abe and Vilma are the 2 play makers on D that we have...

I cant understand what your saying here.

Are you suggesting the Jets will have a top 3 of

Chad -- never mentioned what u wanna do
    Rivers -- traded for Abe
    Cutler -- you said draft him and play him behind chad for a year

that is a impossible scenario if thats what your suggesting, i doubt you are though ill give you the benefit of doubt. Even drafting Cutler and trading for Rivers is dumb because you will be paying both to start and one will be on the bench.

As for Schaub IMO a 2nd round pick (pretty much late first round grade) and an extra pick is too much for a player who has played 1 1/2 good games.