Thread: Value of our 2nd Round pick

All Pro

Value of our 2nd Round pick

I've read a few threads here and there about Max Jean-Gilles, and how a lot of people would like us to draft him. BUT they don't think he'd still be available to us in the 2nd round.

Given that this is acknowledged as a deep draft, with maybe 40 players worthy of a first round grade, does that add value to our 2nd round pick? In other words, could it make it easier for us to trade up from 35 to get Jean-Gilles - assuming we want him? (Same could apply to anyone else I guess, but he's just a good example).

Just as an example - according to the draft value chart, we'd need to give up the equivalent of a mid 3rd to move up from 35 to 25. (35 is worth 550 points, 25 is worth 720; difference of 170 is same as #20 in Round 3). But if there are teams with a low first who have a lot of guys ranked at the same or similar values, someone might be willing to trade down with us for less - they'd still pick up real value in Round 2, plus get an extra pick - say our first pick in Round 4 (as we're likely to have lots in Round 4, thi wouldn't be too bad a pick to give up to move up).

I could especially see Denver open to trades, as they have two late 1st picks (22 and 29). What does anyone else think?

All League
    Interesting thought, my targets late in the first would be:

DT Gabe Watson, Michigan
    OT Winston Justice, USC
    OT Marcus McNeill, Auburn

Goal would be to select at least 3 quality lineman on day 1

Veteran

will the jets trade down?

if they do they will have multiple picks in the first four rounds.so they can draft many talented players

Hall Of Fame
    jets will have to take Best Availible. And there will be great talent.

TE, LB, OL, DL

whatever is there will be great.