Thread: OT- Cool Calm Pete- Music

Rookie

OT- Cool Calm Pete- Music

Anyone here heard of a rapper named Cool Calm Pete. If you haven't I would def. recommend checking out his music. Very smart beats intertwined with older songs, or piano and trumpets. Very cool music. Could use some help on his lyrics, but I really dig him. Just wanted your thoughts.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sack Exchange
    Anyone here heard of a rapper named Cool Calm Pete. If you haven't I would def. recommend checking out his music. Very smart beats intertwined with older songs, or piano and trumpets. Very cool music. Could use some help on his lyrics, but I really dig him. Just wanted your thoughts.

rap is all about the lyrics, real rap always was and always will be, if you finish your reccomendation by saying he needs help lyrically then I'd pass automatically just on that

let me share a quick story....around 92 or so i was working at my college radio station here in Miami and did teh Hip Hop show and was also promoting all kinds of stuff on my show so I basically had free backstage anywhere I wanted in teh Miami area ( was a great 2 year run I had)....anyway KRS ONE did a show here at this spot that was pulling off biweekly shows here in the city

we had pulled off several shows successfully and then when KRS came the cops came and shut the place down and the guys had to scramble to find a last minute spot since they couldnt let Kris come down here for nothing, so anyway we get into this old little club that wasnt being used and they had alot of trouble setting up there due to whatever inadequatcies and what not

so what does KRS do??? My man grabbed the mike which was working and said that back in the days when this all began all we had was a raggedy boom box in teh park so who needs music its all about the lyrics man

and he rocked a 90 minute show with just him and the mic....no beats no sounds no dancers no DJ no lighting no nothing just an MC and a Mike for 90 minutes and it was hands down teh best Hip Hop experience I had ever been to and was the musical highlight of my life and I'll never forget it or get tired of telling that story

point is its all about the vocal skills

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    rap is all about the lyrics, real rap always was and always will be, if you finish your reccomendation by saying he needs help lyrically then I'd pass automatically just on that

let me share a quick story....around 92 or so i was working at my college radio station here in Miami and did teh Hip Hop show and was also promoting all kinds of stuff on my show so I basically had free backstage anywhere I wanted in teh Miami area ( was a great 2 year run I had)....anyway KRS ONE did a show here at this spot that was pulling off biweekly shows here in the city

we had pulled off several shows successfully and then when KRS came the cops came and shut the place down and the guys had to scramble to find a last minute spot since they couldnt let Kris come down here for nothing, so anyway we get into this old little club that wasnt being used and they had alot of trouble setting up there due to whatever inadequatcies and what not

so what does KRS do??? My man grabbed the mike which was working and said that back in the days when this all began all we had was a raggedy boom box in teh park so who needs music its all about the lyrics man

and he rocked a 90 minute show with just him and the mic....no beats no sounds no dancers no DJ no lighting no nothing just an MC and a Mike for 90 minutes and it was hands down teh best Hip Hop experience I had ever been to and was the musical highlight of my life and I'll never forget it or get tired of telling that story

point is its all about the vocal skills
    His vocals are great, and it is really smart rap, however, the subject matter is nothing to deep for me. I just don't always relate. I can relate to the music part. Someone here might relate to him a lot better than me. Just give him a shot. I actually like him alot. I am all about lyrics, but music in hip hop does throw a lot of weight around.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sack Exchange
    His vocals are great, and it is really smart rap, however, the subject matter is nothing to deep for me. I just don't always relate. I can relate to the music part. Someone here might relate to him a lot better than me. Just give him a shot. I actually like him alot. I am all about lyrics, but music in hip hop does throw a lot of weight around.

i'll limewire him see what comes up...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    i'll limewire him see what comes up...
    Cool. Tell me what you think.