Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Knicks

Rookie

OT: Knicks

How do you guys think of what they are trying to pull off??? Getting Steve Francis over here for Carwford,A. Hardaway and someone else. Hopefully not Nate Robinson or Channing Frye. They are going to be great! Steve Francis and Marbury......what a backcourt huh Talk about Chukers!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ 1968
    How do you guys think of what they are trying to pull off??? Getting Steve Francis over here for Carwford,A. Hardaway and someone else. Hopefully not Nate Robinson or Channing Frye. They are going to be great! Steve Francis and Marbury......what a backcourt huh Talk about Chukers!
    Definitely would not do it for Frye, probably not for David Lee either. As much as I like Nate, I would probably do that.

Francis is still a great player.

All Pro
    They need to stop trading expiring contracts.

Hall Of Fame
    This is the latest in a long line of dumb, band-aid, desparate decisions by Isiah, trying to grab the headlines for a few moments.

He's the worst GM in the history of NYC sports, with Bradway a close second.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Could you ever imagine 3 players like Rose, Marbury, and Francis playing for Larry Brown at the same time? I just hope he doesn't give up Frye or any more unprotected draft picks in this one.

BTW - If we get Francis, that would mean the cap's screwed now until at least till 2009, whereas right now it's screwed only until 2008.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by joemusgo
    Definitely would not do it for Frye, probably not for David Lee either. As much as I like Nate, I would probably do that.

Francis is still a great player.
    I wouldnt give up any of those 3 for steve francis. Although steve is still a real good player...he's old......we need to rebuild this team like we are rebuilding the Jets! Start w/ the FO. BYE BYE ISIAH!!!!!!!!!

All League
    I thought it couldn't get any worse than Scott Layden. Then along came Isiah Thomas.

And Dolan is by far the worst owner in sports. No contest.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Could you ever imagine 3 players like Rose, Marbury, and Francis playing for Larry Brown at the same time? I just hope he doesn't give up Frye or any more unprotected draft picks in this one.

BTW - If we get Francis, that would mean the cap's screwed now until at least till 2009, whereas right now it's screwed only until 2008.
    Face it, the Knicks will never get out of cap hell. Fortunately, Cablevision has such deep pockets that the luxury tax means nothing to them.

Teams are trading some good players with high-priced contracts for worthless players with expiring contracts. The Rose deal was a good one, and Penny Hardaway's contract is a valuable commodity right now, if you can believe it.

The Knicks should take advantage of Cablevision's deep contracts and trade Penny's contract for a good player. It is a seller's market for them right now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey
    I thought it couldn't get any worse than Scott Layden. Then along came Isiah Thomas.

And Dolan is by far the worst owner in sports. No contest.
    So true.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Face it, the Knicks will never get out of cap hell. Fortunately, Cablevision has such deep pockets that the luxury tax means nothing to them.

Teams are trading some good players with high-priced contracts for worthless players with expiring contracts. The Rose deal was a good one, and Penny Hardaway's contract is a valuable commodity right now, if you can believe it.

The Knicks should take advantage of Cablevision's deep contracts and trade Penny's contract for a good player. It is a seller's market for them right now.
    - Getting Rose to me is the first sign that Larry Brown is not going to be here next year and Zeke is going to make no attempt to keep him here.

- I agree about Penny's contract, but not for Francis.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    - Getting Rose to me is the first sign that Larry Brown is not going to be here next year and Zeke is going to make no attempt to keep him here.
    I hope you are right about Larry, he's been a real disappointment. I don't think any team should hire a coach with a colostomy bag.

All League
    get rid of stephon and MAYBE crawford... but definetly stephon for a draft pick or two.

keep lee, fry and NATE.... lets hope they dont make any BIG moves this season (francis) and lets hope they keep on losing.

next year they should have 1st or 2nd pick.

Rookie
    I hope you are right about Larry, he's been a real disappointment. I don't think any team should hire a coach with a colostomy bag.
    I really don't think Larry is 100% accountable for this whole Knicks debacle! Are his players playing hard for him? No. But this year and possibly next year are the the years he can develope the rookies such as nate and frye, and TRY and undo what isiah has done. Is that even possible? Who knows. But I do not agree that Larry should be gone next year. Who else would we get? O yeah, I'm sure Phil Jackson couldn't have done that much better a job then Larry is doing this year if he would have taken the job instead of going back to LA.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius
    get rid of stephon and MAYBE crawford... but definetly stephon for a draft pick or two.

keep lee, fry and NATE.... lets hope they dont make any BIG moves this season (francis) and lets hope they keep on losing.

next year they should have 1st or 2nd pick.
    Pssst...good plan, but they traded next year's #1 for Curry.

Rookie
    Pssst...good plan, but they traded next year's #1 for Curry.
    I thought that was this upcomming years # 1?

All League
    I really don't think Larry is 100% accountable for this whole Knicks debacle! Are his players playing hard for him? No. But this year and possibly next year are the the years he can develope the rookies such as nate and frye, and TRY and undo what isiah has done. Is that even possible? Who knows. But I do not agree that Larry should be gone next year. Who else would we get? O yeah, I'm sure Phil Jackson couldn't have done that much better a job then Larry is doing this year if he would have taken the job instead of going back to LA.
    I don't think Larry is totally at fault, either. But I think his talent as a teacher has been overrated, since all of the young players seem to be regressing. Either that or he just doesn't have the patience any more.

I am willing to give him more time, but I am not sure if he has the stomach for this job (no pun intended).

All League
    I thought that was this upcomming years # 1?
    It is, I thought that's what he was referring to. If the Knicks keep losing like this next year too, no way Larry sticks around.

Rookie
    I don't think Larry is totally at fault, either. But I think his talent as a teacher has been overrated, since all of the young players seem to be regressing. Either that or he just doesn't have the patience any more.

I am willing to give him more time, but I am not sure if he has the stomach for this job (no pun intended).
    I see what your saying. But Larry also is more of a Defensive Minded guy. I could be wrong because I never saw channing frye or Nate robinson or even David Lee play college ball but I am assuming 2 out of the 3 if not all 3 were more offensively talented. Maybe Larry is trying to show the new guys more about defense which could be the cause of their regression. Because when I first started playing Basketball a couple years ago...my shot was a very beautiful thing! But I never played defense to well. As i was taught all the different techniques of playing defense I started focusing on that a little more in games....Now my shot is not too great and I am SICK on defense! Maybe the newer guys are trying to improve their defense which could be the cause of semi-low stats offensively and if they are not executing the defense to well they keep trying to perfect it during the game. I have no idea if this is the case at all but I am just trying to make an excuse for these guys....because I love larry and I love these younger guys!

Rookie
    This is a good trade for the knicks...Francis is way better then Jamal, and has a year less on his contract. There is no reason for the knicks to let Penny's contract to just expire because they will still be over the cap for awhile. Isiah has to time the expiring contracts so that they all will expire at the same time...basically to match Marbury's expiring date, for them to get under the cap enough to sign a mega superstar, just getting under the cap by few $ wont solve anything. So all the people saying that they should just blow up the team dont know what they are talking about because with the nba rules you cant do that unless you have another team willing to trade with equal dollar amount contracts, and who in there right mind want any of the knicks except for the young guys, who dont make hardly anything in the nba. Besides the knicks needed to get younger and hopefully guys like Fry, Curry, and Lee can develop and be the core for the future.

Also i will never think anyone can be a worse GM then Scott Layden...ever. Anyone remember when the whole garden was chanting "Fire Layden", it went on and on for like 5 mins.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattay
    This is a good trade for the knicks...Francis is way better then Jamal, and has a year less on his contract. There is no reason for the knicks to let Penny's contract to just expire because they will still be over the cap for awhile. Isiah has to time the expiring contracts so that they all will expire at the same time...basically to match Marbury's expiring date, for them to get under the cap enough to sign a mega superstar, just getting under the cap by few $ wont solve anything. So all the people saying that they should just blow up the team dont know what they are talking about because with the nba rules you cant do that unless you have another team willing to trade with equal dollar amount contracts, and who in there right mind want any of the knicks except for the young guys, who dont make hardly anything in the nba. Besides the knicks needed to get younger and hopefully guys like Fry, Curry, and Lee can develop and be the core for the future.

Also i will never think anyone can be a worse GM then Scott Layden...ever. Anyone remember when the whole garden was chanting "Fire Layden", it went on and on for like 5 mins.
    Just wait, Isaiah will get those chants soon enough.

This would be a terrible trade, between Marbury and Francis i dont think anyone else would ever even touch the ball.