Thread: The End of the Road for some good Soldiers?

Practice Squad

The End of the Road for some good Soldiers?

Well it seems as if we are gonna have a lot more holes to fill than originally thought.

Pennington- Stick a fork in him...he's done!! He is not gonna take the pay cut...his ego wont allow it. He doesnt want to accept that the ride is almost over. All he has to do is go out and prove that he cant throw 25yds downfield. His arm was never his gift..and now that is out of order.

Mawae- Word is he wont re-negotiate his contract. Man I hate to see this warrior leave. Talk about heart and soul...The Offensive Line is going to have to find a new leader. This guy is gonna be hella hard to replace.

Law- It was a quick ride for Law as a Jet. He will be hard pressed to perform
    on a Pro-Bowl level again. Maybe a switch to FS will prolong his career.

Coles- I think Coles will re-work his deal...He will probably retire a Jet. May be forced to accept a reduced role under the new coaches. McCareins has not shown that his is even a #2 so Coles may have a job in the starting line-up.

Kendall- The versatile Kendall has been valuable as a guard. Once he was moved to Center, his play became really suspect. I think he will be retained
    as a Guard and to help make up for some of the Leadership lost with Mawae.

Fabini- I dont know why I get the feeling that the Jets are gonna just part ways with Fabini eventually. Fabini is still valuable as a RT- maybe a reserve.
    I expect to see 3-4 new faces this year for the offensive line alone. Hopefully we use some late picks on the O-Line.

We will have to replace a few faces next year!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    End of the road for Coles?

He had no one to get him the ball.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Shepherd
    Well it seems as if we are gonna have a lot more holes to fill than originally thought.

Pennington- Stick a fork in him...he's done!! He is not gonna take the pay cut...his ego wont allow it. .

WTF!? When did he EVER have an ego?

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ST.Louie jet fan
    when he continually refuses the admit that he can't still be competitive with a twice wrecked throwing shoulder

Practice Squad
    ahhh.....when he basically told the media that they should feel privileged to cover him.

Veteran
    5 out of the 6 will be back next year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    when he continually refuses the admit that he can't still be competitive with a twice wrecked throwing shoulder

Remains to be seen. If he does come back and it's with another team we may live to regret this cut.

All League
    I do not know why so many are worried about Chad going somewhere else and winning a championship... If he does great ! But he has not done it with the Jets ! You must stay on the field...I do not think it will happen for him. He had two injuries to his sholder...when it only takes one like that to ruin a passer...It just did not work out....We need to find the right QB for our team...I just do not think that is Pennington...I wish it was...but sometimes you need to just move on...it is time for the Jets to do this...Some of these guys that are going were warriors...but you can not hold on to the past forever...if you could we would never need a draft or FA....lets just go to work and rebuild the team...that is what is going to happen like it or not...

Sho

Hall Of Fame

The fat lady didn't sing

The fat lady didn't sing yet. I say things aren't always what they appear to be. I think a game of chess is going on here. Give this some time and I bet they sign most vets.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HERDFAN1
    Remains to be seen. If he does come back and it's with another team we may live to regret this cut.
    Given the JETS past history, I can see this happening.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by HERDFAN1
    no chance in hell. I'm all for humorous paranoid predictions, but Chad had trouble throwing a ball with any zip on it for more than 30 yards BEFORE his FIRST injury. He's done-ers.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    There's a big difference between ego and pride.

Chad won't quit because he's a competitor - it'd only be ego if he was ripping other guys for not being as good as him, and boasting about his abilities. Next time Chad brags about how good he is will be the first time.

Hall Of Fame
    After the 03 season and before the 04 season when he told management that if they didn't resign him before the season started he wouldn't talk to them until after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    The fat lady didn't sing yet. I say things aren't always what they appear to be. I think a game of chess is going on here. Give this some time and I bet they sign most vets.

There isnt a enough time to play Chess the deadline is a week away. I said this before if Chad refuses to take a paycut it sends the message to the other players to do the same Mawae is another example of what happens when you franchise QB refuses to work with managment. I got a feeling there will be alot of players gone after next week.
    I really think this team will still compete without the players mentioned in this post the Jets have alot of good young players that werent given an opportunity under Herm. I think if the Jets draft a franchise QB and he responds like Rosenberger did this team could make a run at a wildcard spot. Fortunately for this team Herm didnt like to play the young players drafted on this team nobody has any idea how many young players on this squad are starting material but were held out because Herm wanted to keep the old boys in the game even though they showed they couldnt play to that level. Look for a very exciting Camp this year.