Thread: Owners Starting to Have Optimism Over New CBA?

All League

Owners Starting to Have Optimism Over New CBA?

NFL | Jones believes a CBA deal can get done
    Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:18:49 -0800

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes a deal between the NFL and the Players Association could be completed immediately. Speaking in measured tones Saturday because of a significant fine that could be levied for talking about the negotiations surrounding the collective bargaining agreement, Jones said, "major increases have been put in the deal and it should get done." Jones said the higher-revenue clubs are not holding up a deal. Owners are expected to meet again in Dallas March 7.

NFL | Falcons GM McKay hopes for new CBA soon
    Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:10:38 -0800

The Associated Press reports Atlanta Falcons general manager Rich McKay is hoping to have a deal completed on the new collective bargaining agreement by Wednesday, March 1. McKay said, "I think some concepts in the CBA have already been agreed upon. I'm guessing that if one deal gets done before the other that the CBA will get done first. It's going to be a very interesting two weeks."

All League
    I really want this cba to be worked out bad. If this does happen then where does it leave the Jets salary cap wise?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa
    NFL | Jones believes a CBA deal can get done
    Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:18:49 -0800

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes a deal between the NFL and the Players Association could be completed immediately. Speaking in measured tones Saturday because of a significant fine that could be levied for talking about the negotiations surrounding the collective bargaining agreement, Jones said, "major increases have been put in the deal and it should get done." Jones said the higher-revenue clubs are not holding up a deal. Owners are expected to meet again in Dallas March 7.

NFL | Falcons GM McKay hopes for new CBA soon
    Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:10:38 -0800

The Associated Press reports Atlanta Falcons general manager Rich McKay is hoping to have a deal completed on the new collective bargaining agreement by Wednesday, March 1. McKay said, "I think some concepts in the CBA have already been agreed upon. I'm guessing that if one deal gets done before the other that the CBA will get done first. It's going to be a very interesting two weeks."
    Hopefully they'll get this deal done...I would hate to see the NFL playing field look like baseball. Keeping the parity in the league is key...and it would be nice to continue variety in winners (except of course, the Jets need to always be on top...)

Moderator VIP Visionary
    No need to worry about that. This has worked out for tags in unbelieveable fashion. Parity is working for them. Hope is in the air for at least 20-25 teams every August now. The NFL kisses the Golden Calf of Parity every morning.