Thread: Vince Youngs' true score.........

Veteran

Vince Youngs' true score.........

16!! Still low for any position!!!

NCAA | Agent speaks about Young's Wonderlic score
    Mon, 27 Feb 2006 05:54:58 -0800
    John McClain, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/140">Houston Chronicle, reports Saturday, Feb. 25 a rumor that Texas QB Vince Young had scored a six on the Wonderlic test sent shock waves through the NFL Combine. Sunday, Feb. 26, the Combine said the test score of six that was being reported by some media outlets was false. Young took the test again and scored 16. According to Young's agent, Major Adams, the Sunday test was administered by Jeff Foster, executive director of National Scouting Combine. "The combine officials assured us that score (six) was false and that the accurate score will be known when the combine results are given to each team," Adams said. Wonderlic scores are supposed to be confidential and are never confirmed publicly by the NFL, because they are included in Combine results given to teams after the Combine, scores leak out. Prospects can take the Wonderlic tests as many times as they want. While Young's Wonderlic tests created a huge controversy, he was busy interviewing with different teams.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Vince Young is getting very, very bad advice from those around him. His stock is dropping. He hired his family's attorney to be his agent and his uncle, a middle school teacher, to be his business manager.

TMahoney
    Same score as Dan Marino

JetsInsider.com Legend
    16 is alot better than 6... could be good enough to salvage a top 10 selection but still unlikely he's top 3.

Charter JI Member
    wow...16

football throw
    football run
    football score

looks like O coordinators will have to keep it simple

Hall Of Fame

Everybody rushes to judge

Everybody rushes to judge. You can't get up and talk intelligently in front of lot of people and be a moron. The guy sounded pretty bright to begin with. Dan Marino also score a 16 and the dude is very bright IMO. Young is the real deal.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlSpackler
    Same score as Dan Marino
    exactly...16 is infinitely better than 6...he may not be a brainiac, but at least he isnt borderline retarded...again though, doesnt really matter because the chances of the jets selecting him were essentially nil anyway...

It ain't good but it's not horrible.

Hall Of Fame
    So he took the test again after they could not verify the 1st score? What is the real story about that first score? How could someone in a 50 question test list a 6 instead of a 16?

In anycase all of this will hurt Youngs stock, whether it should or not. Teams will get cold feet and worry about his ability to grasp the super complex offenses that NFL teams use. I don't see him dropping into the 2nd round or anything but I can see him dropping out of the top 5 for sure.

did anyone else read the sample questions from that link.....

wow: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/3687374.html

Sample questions
    1. The ninth month of the year is: 1. October; 2. January; 3. June; 4. September.

2. Paper sells for 21 cents per pad. What will 4 pads cost?

3. Assume the first 2 statements are true. Is the final one true, false or not certain? The boy plays baseball. All baseball players wear hats. The boy wears a hat.

All Pro
    I dont trust this source, because Young's agent is former UT QB Major Applewhite, not Major Adams.

Hall Of Fame
    I am sure every other player gets to take horrible tests over.

Hall Of Fame

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Absolutely, all that were stabbed in the back can.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    actually ikey, i believe that as a rule the combine retests anybody who scores under a certain number, i guess to determine whether or not it was an anomaly...i'd find the link that said that (i believe it was on espn.com's front page actually), but i'm supposed to be doing research on the NSA, so i really shouldnt be doing research on the draft...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    exactly...16 is infinitely better than 6...he may not be a brainiac, but at least he isnt borderline retarded
    LOL - yeah, at least he's not borderline retarded He's one full step above retarded.