Thread: Our position is good not matter how you slice it.

All League

Our position is good not matter how you slice it.

look at the scenarios we're discussing they're all teriffic...we could go so many different directions and it's hard to say what is exactly right for us but this is exciting stuff people.

stay at #4 and take Brick...i'm happy
    stay at #4 and take Cutler...ditto
    trade down from #4 and aquire a #1 this year and a high #2...i'm happy again
    trade down from #4 and aquire a #1 this year and next year...ditto
    trade Abe for a #1 this year and have 2 #1's...i'm happy
    trade Abe for Rivers...ditto
    trade abe for Shaub and a #2 or #3...i'm happy
    trade a #2 for Schaub...happy
    trade abe and our #4 to Texans and Draft Leinart...i'm happy
    trade abe and our #4 to Texans and draft Bush...i'm happy
    try to do the above deals and get more out of it...i'm thrilled
    the list of 2nd rd. players we could possibly get is ridiculous, they're all 1st round quality. to name a few, Mangold, D,Qwell Jackson, Croyle, Jean-Gilles, Spencer, Addai, Pope, Lewis...and more that I can't think of...

I guess you can just call me an optimist...but seriously I'd be happy with any of the scenarios above...am I the only one that feels this way?

did I miss any real possibilities?

Hall Of Fame
    The Jets will get some good players out of this draft for sure no doubt about it. I'd be happy with most but not all of the scenarios you list. (I wouldn't be unhappy with the players we get but in some cases the price to pay is too high for me.)

My preferred scenario is to come out of this with 3 or 4 solid young players. The only position I feel is essential that we address this year is the O-line. There will be good RB's, QB's and other positionla plyaers in the years to come. Get the O-line built up and then get players to go with it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet
    look at the scenarios we're discussing they're all teriffic...we could go so many different directions and it's hard to say what is exactly right for us but this is exciting stuff people.

stay at #4 and take Brick...i'm happy
    stay at #4 and take Cutler...ditto
    trade down from #4 and aquire a #1 this year and a high #2...i'm happy again
    trade down from #4 and aquire a #1 this year and next year...ditto
    trade Abe for a #1 this year and have 2 #1's...i'm happy
    trade Abe for Rivers...ditto
    trade abe for Shaub and a #2 or #3...i'm happy
    trade a #2 for Schaub...happy
    trade abe and our #4 to Texans and Draft Leinart...i'm happy
    trade abe and our #4 to Texans and draft Bush...i'm happy
    try to do the above deals and get more out of it...i'm thrilled
    the list of 2nd rd. players we could possibly get is ridiculous, they're all 1st round quality. to name a few, Mangold, D,Qwell Jackson, Croyle, Jean-Gilles, Spencer, Addai, Pope, Lewis...and more that I can't think of...

I guess you can just call me an optimist...but seriously I'd be happy with any of the scenarios above...am I the only one that feels this way?

did I miss any real possibilities?
    Absolutely. Based on my Top 4 we can't go wrong.
    http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=111199

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    The Jets will get some good players out of this draft for sure no doubt about it. I'd be happy with most but not all of the scenarios you list. (I wouldn't be unhappy with the players we get but in some cases the price to pay is too high for me.)

My preferred scenario is to come out of this with 3 or 4 solid young players. The only position I feel is essential that we address this year is the O-line. There will be good RB's, QB's and other positionla plyaers in the years to come. Get the O-line built up and then get players to go with it.
    yeah I'd hafta agree some of the scenarios are better than other but i'm just saying i'd be happy with all these results.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I dunno, for some reason the feeling's not mutual. I guess there's still part of me that wants Reggie Bush in green and white, and it looks like even if we have the #1 pick we're not going to take him.

I understand we're going to be in a position to get a load of talented players, and I'll fully support them when/if they're drafted, but I'm a firm believer that you should take the best football player with the #1 pick, and I'm dissapointed we won't be doing so because in my eyes Bush is the most talented guy in this draft. What that guy's able to do on the field is something I've never seen in my lifetime, and to see him do what he does in our colors would have been so damn cool.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    I dunno, for some reason the feeling's not mutual. I guess there's still part of me that wants Reggie Bush in green and white, and it looks like even if we have the #1 pick we're not going to take him.

I understand we're going to be in a position to get a load of talented players, and I'll fully support them when/if they're drafted, but I'm a firm believer that you should take the best football player with the #1 pick, and I'm dissapointed we won't be doing so because in my eyes Bush is the most talented guy in this draft. What that guy's able to do on the field is something I've never seen in my lifetime, and to see him do what he does in our colors would have been so damn cool.
    you're definatly not alone in feeling that way...in my hearts of hearts havign Bush in green and white is what I want to happen the most I just don't like to talk about it because that seems to jinx us when we want something bad...haha so far it's happened with Bush, Brick and Cutler