Feul to the tradeup fire

Smart, tough football players?

Mangini's type of football players.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=2346494

Matt Leinart scores 35 on wonderlic.

Cutler scores 29.

Vince gets a 16.

All Pro
    Cutler scores a 29,puts up a QB record 23 reps at 225,has a cannon for an arm and is supremely confident in his ability to throw the football and be a success at the next level.

Matt Leinart scored a 35,had surgery to his throwing arm,and has had a few concussions.He's also supremely confident in his ability to succeed at the next level.

More fuel for the fire.

TMahoney
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar
    Cutler scores a 29,puts up a QB record 23 reps at 225,has a cannon for an arm and is supremely confident in his ability to throw the football and be a success at the next level.

Matt Leinart scored a 35,had surgery to his throwing arm,and has had a few concussions.He's also supremely confident in his ability to succeed at the next level.

More fuel for the fire.
    Cutlerite!

All Pro
    and Proud of it,LOL.

I will say this thou,if the Jets don't take a QB in round 1.the only other guy that interest me on day 1 is Charlie Whitehurst and that's contingent on his pro day workout.I wanna know that his arm is 100% healthy,or i want nothing to do with him.

TMahoney
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar
    and Proud of it,LOL.

I will say this thou,if the Jets don't take a QB in round 1.the only other guy that interest me on day 1 is Charlie Whitehurst and that's contingent on his pro day workout.I wanna know that his arm is 100% healthy,or i want nothing to do with him.
    Listen, I understand why you Cutlerites are Cutlerites. He's got a big arm, confidence and can really make some excellent throws in tight spots.

BUT

His downside is enormous. Big arm? Gunslinger? How many of those players have entered the NFL and been completely unsuccessful: Leaf, Boller, Testaverde, Bledsoe, Vick, Neil O'Donnel and a lot of other people who put "great zip" on the ball.

OR

We could take Leinart. A winner college. Accurate, intangibles and has the arm to make all the throws in the NFL. Is his arm ridiculous like Cutler? No. But he has everything else and has proved he's worth the money.

Its a new regime and instead of gambling on a kid who never had a winning season in college and flew up draft boards from after season workouts, we can take a guy who's ready for the NFL.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlSpackler
    Listen, I understand why you Cutlerites are Cutlerites. He's got a big arm, confidence and can really make some excellent throws in tight spots.

BUT

His downside is enormous. Big arm? Gunslinger? How many of those players have entered the NFL and been completely unsuccessful: Leaf, Boller, Testaverde, Bledsoe, Vick, Neil O'Donnel and a lot of other people who put "great zip" on the ball.

OR

We could take Leinart. A winner college. Accurate, intangibles and has the arm to make all the throws in the NFL. Is his arm ridiculous like Cutler? No. But he has everything else and has proved he's worth the money.

Its a new regime and instead of gambling on a kid who never had a winning season in college and flew up draft boards from after season workouts, we can take a guy who's ready for the NFL.
    I have no problem with you reasoning as long as i don't have to trade up to get him.If Leinart fell to the Jets at 4,I would have no problem taking him.I don't like his arm,but after watching Chad play in the meadowlands and excelled when he was healthy,I can't sit here and tell you folks that Leinart couldn't do it also.I don't believe Leinart will fall to the Jets,and I don't believe the Jets should combine a top 5 pick with John Abraham to get a Leinart when they can sit at 4,get a Cutler and trade Abe for another pick in the 1st where they could add the OT they so desperately need.If for some crazy reason,Leinart and Cutler were around at 4,you have to believe I would rather have Cutler thou.