Thread: Salary Cap question

Veteran

Salary Cap question

If we are restructuring/cutting players/searching for change Then-
    How can we sign draft picks - much less the new rumors of trade up for the #1 pick.
    We just waived Celestin - How much could this possible help our Cap?

I am confused

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mmckiernan
    If we are restructuring/cutting players/searching for change Then-
    How can we sign draft picks - much less the new rumors of trade up for the #1 pick.
    We just waived Celestin - How much could this possible help our Cap?

I am confused
    Cutting Celestin had a negligible effect on our cap.

All teams set aside $$$ to sign rookies. The NFL also gives teams a maz they can spend on rookies that they cant go over as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Cutting Celestin had a negligible effect on our cap.

All teams set aside $$$ to sign rookies. The NFL also gives teams a maz they can spend on rookies that they cant go over as well.
    People also need to remember that there are basically 2 cap dates. There is the date to be under in March and then the second date after rookies, free agents, etc... are signed, in August before the season starts. I think what we have seen thus far with the Jets is cutting players that dont fit into any future plans like Fabini or Fiedler. With the exception of the players with bonus money like Chad or Coles there is almost no need to cut any other players right now. Guys like Kendall are going to be cut if someone the Jets draft or sign for alot less money looks like they can start during the camps or preseason. These players will also be cut if a free agent is brought in to take their jobs right off the bat, since I think you have to be under the cap with every signing. Right now the Jets are clearing roster space since their cap mess is very close to being done for the time being, even with Abe on the roster.