Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if abraham goes to Denver

Veteran

if abraham goes to Denver

we are not doing the smartest thing. Who will be availabe at 22, worth trading a franchise DE? Lendale will surley go before and then come, the second tier rookies. If we do trade with denver maybe we can trade down again and grab Gabe Watson or MAYBE Chad Jackson.

Any Suggestions.

Rookie
    It is still early. Draft is not till mid April. There is no rush. Some of the best stuff comes closer to the draft, or draft day. We should show highlights everywhere and wait for an offer. He is still franchised and must play if we keep him. And he must play hard for he doesn't want a bad rap. So whats wrong with great D for this year.

All Pro
    Manny Lawson DE NC State (Ran a 4.45 and 4.44 (Later)) in this draft.

He had a great senior bowl, great size (a little small weight wise but a good tweener)

Underrated becasue of Mario..

Could pick up a decent project QB, but then again we culd do that with the second as well so...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Manny Lawson at 22 would be sesational

Waterboy
    I would love Chad Jackson opposite of Laverneus Coles

Veteran
    I doubt that Belly lets Lawson slip at 21.

Rookie
    Gabe Watson at 22 could be a good thing. Also, some good RB. I would not be looking to replace Abe at this spot - but whomever we get will cost less than him, IMO.

Other possibilities would be Chad Jackson, OL help, other DT help (BB); OLB's; CB's; etc.

The point is, we will get a younger, cheaper, and probably greater need player than Abe. I am in the camp that says we have some decent talent to come in and help us out. No one will replace Abe's ability to disrupt the passing game, but BT, and some of our Defensive players in a good "win the game" plan, will be able to make up for his absence.

I would want more than just the 22nd pick, but if that is all we can get, it is still a very valuable pick IMO this year.

Go JETS!!!!

Banned
    what pix is cleveland and redskins?

All League
    Jean Gilles or Loenard Pope, Bobby Carpenter at #22 would be great with me

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99
    what pix is cleveland and redskins?
    Cleveland has the #12.

Washington doesn't have a first rounder (Denver has it, number 22nd, the one we are discussing the trade...)

go JETS!!!!

I hate to say it, but I don't see us getting a first rounder for abe.

All Pro
    Once again denver is 20 mill over the cap.

Veteran
    22 will still be a great spot due to the depth of this draft..But I don't see this happening...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If we're going to the 3-4 then don't necessarily look for the Jets to feel compelled to pick a DE in the first couple of rounds if we trade Abe. I think we might be satisfied with Ellis and Thomas, maybe coaching Robertson and Reed to play DE. We'd likely need the big NT or another LB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EtsFan
    22 will still be a great spot due to the depth of this draft..But I don't see this happening...
    I agree. This draft is loaded and each of the top 40-45 players this year would have been a 1st rounder in last year's draft. At 22 we'd find an eventual starter....maybe not at an impact position like DE, QB or RB, but we'd get a solid starter. Think of someone like Nick Mangold, the guy some are calling the best Center to come out of college in the last 4 or 5 years. We'd get a guy who fills a starting role at 22.

Banned
    i'd give our 3rd n abe for the 12 th pick cleve

Rookie
    If you think that we are not getting a first round pick for abe you are nuts. Everyone in football says he is the best player who could be had. He will be great with who ever takes him, lets face it he needs a change of seen. I think that we can get a first and maybe a late second or third. You are going to be surprised we will get something good that will be good (though the draft) just think we might have 2 first round picks, maybe we can get a second round in a deal and we will have at least one extra third round for the players we lost last year in FA. So we could have 2 - first round picks, 2- second round picks, 2 - third round picks and 2-4 fouth round picks. Thats 8 players, 6 on the first day we will have not only a different team but we will have new play makers. If we had that kind of draft I would say that we would be good in a year and maybe really good in two years.

All Pro
    yes, he is the best pass rushing de on the market. but that does not mean that a team will give you a first and give him 7 mill a year. If he was a free agent without compensation then a team may give him 7 mill a year, or if he was under contract for a reasonable salary the a team would give a #1 pick for him.

Or would a team rather have a Howard, Peterson, Arrington, etc and keep thier #1 pick.

Undrafted Free Agent
    How about Sinorce Moss. Nobody realy talks about him but i think we made a mistake by ditching Santana, although I do like having Coles.It would be nice if Sinorce lived up to Santanas potential and then it would be like we never lost him...just an idea to throw out there!