Thread: the greatest idea ever.....

Veteran

the greatest idea ever.....

www.superbowlmonday.com

please visit and sign this petition..... for all of us

Veteran
    i cant ever see it happening, but id welcome it

Veteran
    Why don't they just move the game to Saturday???

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyShoreJet
    Why don't they just move the game to Saturday???

BECAUSE THATS TO EASY,AND TOO SMART

I agree with Superbowl Saturday!!

I have been saying this for years. I can't party when it's on Sunday and I have to work the next day. It would be awesome.

Bar business and all around interest and viewing would be up 100%.

All League
    oh my god...

i always thought to myself if i was president i would make the day after the superbowl a national holiday... i am not joking... so i definitely agree with this idea... it has to be... i always thought of promoting it as our national day of rest or something like that.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You want to make all of America embrace MLK day???

Move it to the day after the SuperBowl. It's never on his actual birthday anyway.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies
    You want to make all of America embrace MLK day???

Move it to the day after the SuperBowl. It's never on his actual birthday anyway.
    Great idea..hey, MLK is great and all, but if he gets a holiday then so should about 364 other people!

Rookie
    the reason why the superbowl is on sunday is because they know more people will be in their homes because they have work the next day. I guarentee that if the superbowl was on a different day it would get lower ratings.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    the reason why the superbowl is on sunday is because they know more people will be in their homes because they have work the next day. I guarentee that if the superbowl was on a different day it would get lower ratings.
    It would definately get lower ratings, but the reason would be because the number of parties would increase. The number of viewers could stay the same or even grow but the ratings would take a major dive since a number of people who stay home to watch it on a Sunday night would be watching it at some party or bar on a Saturday night thus killing the number of households watching the game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    My vote...

Keep it Sunday but make it a 3:00 p.m. game and cut the pregame from like 8 hours to 5 hours. The game would be over around 7:00 p.m. and you could at least hit the sack by 11:00 p.m. and have a prayer of being at work the next day.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I would like to see the regular season increased by two games so that the SB can be pushed further into February and played on the Sunday before President's Day.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesQB718
    Great idea..hey, MLK is great and all, but if he gets a holiday then so should about 364 other people!
    uh

Hall Of Fame
    it's a funny idea I've joked about with friends before, but to actually think it will happen is even sillier. why not create a petition to make something more meaningful a holiday, like a 9/11 Rememberance Day or something?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    My vote...

Keep it Sunday but make it a 3:00 p.m. game and cut the pregame from like 8 hours to 5 hours. The game would be over around 7:00 p.m. and you could at least hit the sack by 11:00 p.m. and have a prayer of being at work the next day.
    You are forgetting about the West Coast....having it at 3pm in NY would make the game at 12pm out there. Thats too early.

Undrafted Free Agent
    What do we care anyway? It's not like the Jets are ever going to be in it again.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by CantBelieveIStillLoveThem
    it's a funny idea I've joked about with friends before, but to actually think it will happen is even sillier. why not create a petition to make something more meaningful a holiday, like a 9/11 Rememberance Day or something?
    That's what Memorial Day is for.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    You are forgetting about the West Coast....having it at 3pm in NY would make the game at 12pm out there. Thats too early.
    To early for who? For the left coast? Or how about for the folks in LA who won't support an NFL team?

Screw that. Monday night football starts at 9 on our coast cuz of them. They got it easy. And if it did start at noon out there do ya think they'd be any less interested or drunk for that matter? I don't think so!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245
    oh my god...

i always thought to myself if i was president i would make the day after the superbowl a national holiday... i am not joking... so i definitely agree with this idea... it has to be... i always thought of promoting it as our national day of rest or something like that.

Hey Bullet245 nice Avatar I have had it for years now

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    Never too early to get that crap over with, trust me.