Thread: Abraham deal to get done quickly?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Abraham deal to get done quickly?

Much more cap room and 3 days of rumors that a deal is already in place for Abe lead me to believe he'll be gone by the end of the weekend. If not right away, then he likely stays right up until the draft.

Does anyone think the asking price of draft picks just went up for Abe? I think this just went from a buyers market to a seller market with all the cap money. Teams that may not have had a chance at Abe may now be in the hunt. I want Denver's 22, Atlanta's 15 or Detroit's 9.....I'll accept nothing less

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    Much more cap room and 3 days of rumors that a deal is already in place for Abe lead me to believe he'll be gone by the end of the weekend. If not right away, then he likely stays right up until the draft.

Does anyone think the asking price of draft picks just went up for Abe? I think this just went from a buyers market to a seller market with all the cap money. Teams that may not have had a chance at Abe may now be in the hunt. I want Denver's 22, Atlanta's 15 or Detroit's 9.....I'll accept nothing less
    Nothing less then Atlants 15........I still say we will NEVER get the 9 from Detriot.....they want to take a WR...

Hall Of Fame

now everybody in the mix

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23

Now there's more competition because everybody has money to spend. Highest bidder wins now. That means ABE gets good deal and we get better picks.

Veteran
    First he has to sign.

I just hope it all happens soon. It will clear up a lot of things (including some cap money).

Veteran
    I'm probably late with this, but just read the paper and saw where Denver signed DE Courtney Brown through 2009. I guess they're out of the "what if" game. Much to my dismay, they have evaluated Abe's love for the game properly, and decided to pass.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If Abe doesn't sign does that mean he has more control.

What if Abe's agents meet with Atlanta, Detroit and Denver and he wants to go play in Denver and all Denver offers in the #29? What do we do then? He just sits and waits and ends up with the Jets again? He doesn't want that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET
    I'm probably late with this, but just read the paper and saw where Denver signed DE Courtney Brown through 2009. I guess they're out of the "what if" game. Much to my dismay, they have evaluated Abe's love for the game properly, and decided to pass.

The more key signing was Gerrard Warren.

Look a few pages back. This changed nothing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes
    The more key signing was Gerrard Warren.

Look a few pages back. This changed nothing.

It was the release of Trevor Pryce and Denver having 2 draft picks that seemed to excite everyone.

The other big thing is that Simeon Rice may not hit the open market now that the cap is up to $105M meaning more competition for the only dominant pass rusher available.

Waterboy
    Scary Thought: We hammer out a package deal with New Orleans or Houston for the #1 or 2 pick...then Abe sinks us by refusing to play for them!! We'd have Leinart/Bush slip through our fingers again, (we gave the Saints the #2 by winning our last game vs Buffalo like idiots.)

Waterboy
    FORGET DENVER. After the new CBA compromise, its a buyers market. We can now get a higher pick than #22. Yes I know Kearse got a 2nd rounder, but there are too many teams interested in Abe to settle for Denver's pick.