Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Denver willing to part with 1st rounder

JetsInsider.com Legend

Denver willing to part with 1st rounder

The Broncos are reportedly open to dealing one of their first-round picks to acquire John Abraham.
    The new CBA should make it much easier for the Broncos to accomplish. Atlanta, Seattle, and Oakland are also believed to have interest.

Mar. 9 - 9:45 am et
    Source: Denver Post

Hall Of Fame
    repost

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

At 1st i was thrilled to get a 1st pick and would have settled for a 2nd...But you know what??There are so many teams interested that was must use this as leverage and get more then just a 1st..Unless we get a top 10 pick, like the #9 from the Lions...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And want the higher pick from Denver, at worst, given how many are interested in Abe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut

And want the higher pick from Denver, at worst, given how many are interested in Abe.
    EXACTLY

If they're not talkin #22, they're talkin to the hand

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut
    the only way denver could get him is to give up 2 #1s

otherwise it will be between atlanta's 15 plus something else or detroits 9 straight up

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    The Broncos are reportedly open to dealing one of their first-round picks to acquire John Abraham.
    The new CBA should make it much easier for the Broncos to accomplish. Atlanta, Seattle, and Oakland are also believed to have interest.

Wasnt this already reported by JETSTV.COM last week?

Boy if this deal goes down, an awful lot of you will owe him an apology

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green

the only way denver could get him is to give up 2 #1s

otherwise it will be between atlanta's 15 plus something else or detroits 9 straight up
    Have no fear, MBG ... I'm usually very fearful of the Jets getting sand-bagged, and I'm usually screaming it from the roof-top and getting pounded for making it such an issue

But here it seems to me the Jets are playing it exactly right ... getting multiple teams involved, creating a bit of a bidding war, and will eventually sell to the highest bidder

Whatever the Jets wind up taking, I'm confident it will be the best offer on the table after all options have been exhausted and considered, and that's the best we can ask for as Jet fans

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I'd be happy with any first round pick. Time to part ways and use that pick to fill a hole somewhere else.

Interesting...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Have no fear, MBG ... I'm usually very fearful of the Jets getting sand-bagged, and I'm usually screaming it from the roof-top and getting pounded for making it such an issue

But here it seems to me the Jets are playing it exactly right ... getting multiple teams involved, creating a bit of a bidding war, and will eventually sell to the highest bidder

Whatever the Jets wind up taking, I'm confident it will be the best offer on the table after all options have been exhausted and considered, and that's the best we can ask for as Jet fans

the thing is so many people have been saying that the Jets have no leverage and its silly because their leverage is the market for the player, teams are interested in this player and that creates competition which is good for the Jets

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    I'd be happy with any first round pick. Time to part ways and use that pick to fill a hole somewhere else.
    I agree. I really hope we can deal Abe to Detroit for the 9th overall pick, but in reality, I'll be happy with any 1st round pick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

EXACTLY

#22 is not enough. John Abraham was drafted #13 and turned out much better than people expected. He is worth at least a #13.

Hall Of Fame

They could sweeten the pot a bit

EXACTLY

They could sweeten the pot a bit with a#22 and a third rounder. That would be nice.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable

If Oakland is interested, can we get their 1st rounder ( # 7 or # 8 I believe )?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet

#22 is not enough. John Abraham was drafted #13 and turned out much better than people expected. He is worth at least a #13.
    I AGREE

I mean they better be talkin 22 for starters ... Just to keep the conversation alive

If they start by talkin 29, I'm hangin up the phone

Tanny: Hello?

Shanny: Hey Mr. T, this is Mike Shanahan

Tanny: Hows it Goin, Mike ... What can I do for you?

Shanny: I called to talk about John Abraham ... he's available, right?

Tanny: Indeed he is ... so make me an offer?

Shanny: Well I'm prepared to offer a first round pick for starters

Tanny: Sounds Good ... Which One?

Shanny: #29 Overall, my friend

CLICK!!

Shanny: Hello? ... Hello? ... Mr. T, are you still with me?

Hall Of Fame
    Well this is the best of all worlds as far as the bidding for Abe goes. Not just that we have a healthy cap increase, but we have a healthy cap increase after so many teams took semi-draconian measures to get under the old one Whether this turn of events was anticipated by this front office or it was simply a fortunate happenstance is irrelevant at this point except for this....

Does this mean the Jets as a franchise are finally starting to get lucky? Now there's a thought!

GJ&H

You are confidently predicting that after all the bids have been received, weighed and examined, that the Jets will opt to select whichever of them turns out to be the best one?.... Ya think?

Sorry, couldn't resist pulling your chain. I do understand that what you are saying is that other Jets regimes in other times would probaby not wait for the situation to ripen fully or otherwise would not put the Jets in the best position to receive multiple offers for Abe.

Hall Of Fame
    Anyone else think we could pry away one of those franchise receivers from Detroit? I know it is not an obvious case of need on a Jets team with so many other holes to fill but Receivers is what they got.

Rookie
    We need to hold out for a top 10-15 pick. Why give up Abe and pay 1st round $$$$ to a late first round pick? So unless it's an early first round selection, I wouldn't do it.
    9th pick overall from the Lions sounds good. But I'd pass on the 22nd, or 29th unless additional compensation was offered.

AZ

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FREEMAN MC
    If Oakland is interested, can we get their 1st rounder ( # 7 or # 8 I believe )?
    ya know if you think about it Oakland would be the perfect place for Abraham-Al Davis has a history with these kind of players=hardcases