Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Culpepper traded to the Dolphins???????

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Rumor: Culpepper traded to the Dolphins???????(Posted Last Week!!)

Not sure how good this source is but my brother just called me and he has a buddy that works for CBS...

He told me the Dolphins have traded for Culpepper..Wasnt sure for who but said its a done deal..

Dont hold me to this just thought id pass it on to see if anyone heard anything.

I was just listening to Sports talk radio here in Miami and they said its official that Culpepper has been traded to some team but it wont be announced until tomm..They didnt say it was the fish but they did say Miami is "BELIEVED" to be the team but didnt have 100% confirmation...

Hell of a move for the Fish if this is true...
    Last edited by LockeJET; 03-14-2006 at 02:05 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Miami might be the favorite for the division before this offseason is up.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Miami might be the favorite for the division before this offseason is up.

I know that you're right.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Not sure at all if this is true Ikey but if it is the Fish just won the division..They won 6 in a row to finish the year with Gus Ferotte..

If Culpepper stays healthy they run away with the Division IMO...

Jets and Bills will be rebuilding and the Pats are declining...Fish could seriously run away with it even without Pepper..

We will see tomm if this guy is credible...He has been on the money before..But he is a diehard fish fan and he could just be hoping this is true and went out on a limb..Not sure but i dont want to see Culpepper here in Miami..

All League
    Big ballsy move for whomever made this trade.

I listed to 790 The Ticket, here in Miami, and reports are that the Raiders are definetly NOT one of the teams, and that Culpepper's knee is healing exceptionally well. He's expected to be ready for training camp.

My first guess was Oakland, but now I'm thinking Arizona.

Green had great success with Culpepper, and needs one. Warner is old.

Miami would make sense too, but Scott Linehan is no longer there.

Interesting....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiJet
    Big ballsy move for whomever made this trade.

I listed to 790 The Ticket, here in Miami, and reports are that the Raiders are definetly NOT one of the teams, and that Culpepper's knee is healing exceptionally well. He's expected to be ready for training camp.

My first guess was Oakland, but now I'm thinking Arizona.

Green had great success with Culpepper, and needs one. Warner is old.

Miami would make sense too, but Scott Linehan is no longer there.

Interesting....
    I heard the same thing...Then 5 min ago my bro calls me and says his buddy tells him its the Fish...I said no way but he said its done..This could be total bull**** but id thought id post anyways..

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Oh God I hope so! It is my sincere belief that he won't be the Culpepper of old!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Oh God I hope so! It is my sincere belief that he won't be the Culpepper of old!
    He doest have to be..The fish won 9 games with Gus Ferotte..Im sure Culpepper is worth a Few more then that if healthy..We shall see if this is even true..

But i had to post it being Culpepper will be traded by tomm the reports are saying..

All League
    Does nobody remember how freaking terrible Dante was the first 5 or so games last year!? Without Randy Moss he has shown that he is nothing. Weren't most of us saying that we shoudn't take him he is injury prone and played like trash last year when healthy, but now with the Fish it's a great pickup?

Practice Squad
    LOL they can have him. He's overrated.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sportsfan
    Does nobody remember how freaking terrible Dante was the first 5 or so games last year!? Without Randy Moss he has shown that he is nothing. Weren't most of us saying that we shoudn't take him he is injury prone and played like trash last year when healthy, but now with the Fish it's a great pickup?

When Moss had the worst year of his career and missed time due to injury Pep had his best year and one of the best all time years from a QB.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Who would you rather your QB be Ferotte or Culpepper???

So yes this would be a major upgrade for the fish..

They won 9 games with Ferotte..You telling me Culpepper isnt good for a few more wins??? Please..This makes the fish way better! If this is even true..

All League
    When Moss had the worst year of his career and missed time due to injury Pep had his best year and one of the best all time years from a QB.
    That may be so, but last year he was garbage. And those are his most recent performances. I don't buy into this guy.

Hall Of Fame
    That may be so, but last year he was garbage. And those are his most recent performances. I don't buy into this guy.
    41-8 in 2004.

Everyone on this site says Chad can come back with 2 shoulder injuries, yeet all hope is lost for Pep. I love JetsInsider.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Culpepper is an excellent QB. I hope this doesn't happen. But if so, I still don't buy into Miami being a legit Superbowl conteder.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

41-8 in 2004.

Everyone on this site says Chad can come back with 2 shoulder injuries, yeet all hope is lost for Pep. I love JetsInsider.
    So true Ikey

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Culpepper is an excellent QB. I hope this doesn't happen. But if so, I still don't buy into Miami being a legit Superbowl conteder.
    Im not saying SB contender..But they could easily run away with the Division is this is true and Pepper stays healthy..

Veteran
    I don't buy into him either. Way overrated (like Vick) and IMO will never deliver a win in the "big" game. The Blowfish can have him!

All League
    Pats are declining? As in worse than the 10-6 record in 2005? Worse than 2005, getting bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs, or even worse, miss the playoffs entirely? Keep dreaming. With this years schedule, the Pats will win more than 10.

Do you really think the Fins would have won '6 straight' if BB hadn't given the team a week off in preparation for the playoffs? As to the Fins taking the division in 2006 - go to Vegas and put down some money. You'll get some nice odds, with Culpepper or not. Give Saban another year to get his roster settled and the Fins cap in shape. Then? Watch out. This year? #2 is as good as it gets.

I'd love to see Culpepper in the AFC East. He couldn't read a defense to save his life, and he'll set a record for fumbles going against the defenses in the division.
    Last edited by Tailgater; 03-09-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Guess I Should Be Lucky That I Got The Fish In A Few Weeks Ago At 20-1 To Win The Super Bowl And 10-1 To Win The Afc Next Year.

Those #'s Are Sure To Go Down If This Trade Goes Down.