Thread: Ohio State Players--Skewed numbers.

All Pro

Ohio State Players--Skewed numbers.

OKay, So we have all heard that the combine sported a SUPER new track that was Super Fast.

Now, We also know that the Ohio State track is even FASTER.

Now Ohio was so fast, the basically most Ohio State guys waited to run there. But the one that didnt was AJ Hawk.

AJ's time was somewhere near 4.6, and today the guy ran a 4.42.

Now this thread isnt about AJ being slower then he appears.

This thread is questioning Bobby Carpenter only running a 4.66/.68. I mean is Carpenter really a 4.8 guy? I know hes 90 % but Calhoun strained his achilles a few weeks ago, and still managed to run a 4.38 a few days ago. I dont think it hampered him that much.

Is Santonio Holmes more of a 4.4 guy then 4.3?

And my least favorite YourBooty will obviously be a high pick now, but is he really a 4.45 guy?

So anyway, How skewed are these numbers? And on a Larger level I think the combine is great because theres a way to compare everyone. With these Pro Days all these numbers are so skewed imo.

Hall Of Fame
    good points KR.

very hard to trust those #s w/o contextualizing them.

Bobby Carpenter - Bobby, Bobby, that time doesn't help you.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    good points KR.

very hard to trust those #s w/o contextualizing them.

Bobby Carpenter - Bobby, Bobby, that time doesn't help you.
    I was also worried about those times before I went ahead and picked Bobby for the Patriots ...seriously, an Ankle injury really impacts your power to get the speed up there...he may drop out of the first, but I don't think so - he will keep rehabbing it and run again if there is a chance. JMO>

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes
    This thread is questioning Bobby Carpenter only running a 4.66/.68. I mean is Carpenter really a 4.8 guy? I know hes 90 % but Calhoun strained his achilles a few weeks ago, and still managed to run a 4.38 a few days ago. I dont think it hampered him that much.
    Dude, that's just retarded. Not all injuries are created equal. Some people get cancer and die from it, others don't. Some people get a pulled hamstring and can run on it for a bit, others can't get off the couch. If you want to say something, say that Calhoun appears to have some toughness to his personality and resiliency to his athletic ability.