Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Question about draft slots

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458

    Question about draft slots

    Why do the Jets pick #3 overall in the 2nd round not 4??? And Tennesee picks 7th overall??

    And in round 3 we are 7th overall??

    Why arent the other rounds in order of worst record to best record??

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Can anyone help me here??

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Any Help??

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,841
    In the case of record ties, the tiebreaker states that you switch up the order in subsequent rounds

  5. #5
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan
    In the case of record ties, the tiebreaker states that you switch up the order in subsequent rounds
    Interesting never knew that...So if quite a few teams tie how do they actually switch it up??

  6. #6
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    Interesting never knew that...So if quite a few teams tie how do they actually switch it up??
    you move from 5 to 4 to 3 than back to 5- 4 -3

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    N Virginia
    Posts
    962
    Exactly thats why we have the fourh pick in the first

    The third pick in the second

    then we bounce to the end of a large list of 4-12 teams and work our way back down


    Anyone else think its BS that the Saints could beat us wind up with the same record and still pick infront of us.

    I know how it works I just think it needs to be amended

  8. #8
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by The Commissioner
    Exactly thats why we have the fourh pick in the first

    The third pick in the second

    then we bounce to the end of a large list of 4-12 teams and work our way back down


    Anyone else think its BS that the Saints could beat us wind up with the same record and still pick infront of us.

    I know how it works I just think it needs to be amended
    the saints were 3-13

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    N Virginia
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by jojojets
    the saints were 3-13

    My mistake, must have counted one of the games they so conviently blew in the last 5 secs.

    Not sure why I did as they pick second.

    but the explaination should stand as the Titans have four wins in the third spot.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,233

    Cut them some slack

    Quote Originally Posted by The Commissioner
    Exactly thats why we have the fourh pick in the first

    The third pick in the second

    then we bounce to the end of a large list of 4-12 teams and work our way back down


    Anyone else think its BS that the Saints could beat us wind up with the same record and still pick infront of us.

    I know how it works I just think it needs to be amended
    Cut them some slack, they got Katrina and we got a mild winter.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us