Thread: Saints Courting Brees

Veteran

Saints Courting Brees

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Just an interesting note- if the Saints target Drew Brees...they are much less likely to take Leinart at number 2. With the possibility of Tennessee taking D'Brick, we might have Leinart fall into our laps. That would certainly be a nice surprise.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAJet
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Just an interesting note- if the Saints target Drew Brees...they are much less likely to take Leinart at number 2. With the possibility of Tennessee taking D'Brick, we might have Leinart fall into our laps. That would certainly be a nice surprise.
    It could also play out that we move down in the draft. Look at it this way:
    Houston: Reggie Bush
    NO: Who knows?
    TEN: D'Brick
    NY JETS: Could trade down a few spots because GB and SF are NOT taking QB's. Perfect suitor: Raiders. They would then have a choice of Leinart, Young and Cutler. We would then gain a second rounder from the Raiders and we still get a QB. INteresting.....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve
    It could also play out that we move down in the draft. Look at it this way:
    Houston: Reggie Bush
    NO: Who knows?
    TEN: D'Brick
    NY JETS: Could trade down a few spots because GB and SF are NOT taking QB's. Perfect suitor: Raiders. They would then have a choice of Leinart, Young and Cutler. We would then gain a second rounder from the Raiders and we still get a QB. INteresting.....
    It's definitely an option, but I can't see us passing on Leinart if he falls into our lap at number 4. We'd be foolish to pass him up just for on additional draft pick imo.

Practice Squad
    You all are on crack...Norm Chow and the Titans would pounce all over Matt Leinart.

Practice Squad
    Ah And Penny And The Jets Is Right On Target !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    It's highly unlikely, but definitely worth thinking about. I would take Leinart without a second thought.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think there is a 99.9% chance that the Titans take Leinart at 3 if he falls to them .Chow would love to have him back under his wing. That being said I'd be curious what it would take for us to move up to #2 if the Saints get Brees. Im sure they will be willing to trade out of 2 and as long as they dont want anything ridiculous I think it would be the right move. As you can see from my avatar Im a little biased being an SC fan, but I belive Leinart has all the tools to make it. He also has the intangibles hes a natuaral leader and a a born winner. I think he would bring a confidence to he team that Penny used to before his downward spiral.