Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets: Interested in TE Dan Campbell

JetsInsider.com Legend

Jets: Interested in TE Dan Campbell

Jets | Team interested in D. Campbell
    Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:27:28 -0800

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the New York Jets might show interest in free agent TE Dan Campbell (Cowboys).

This would be a great move IMO. He's a solid receiver and one of the best blocking TE's in the game.

Veteran
    Solid Receiver my ***, the guy can't catch anything, that's why Witten started for Dallas all season.

Hall Of Fame
    We're all set at TE. Doug Jolley was the steal of last year's draft. Wasn't that trade an unreal trade? I thought smart guys on this site said so and still say so today, no? Why do we need a TE, we have Doug Jolley...it makes no sense. Isn't Jolley awesome? Wasn't Bradway a genius?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets5ever
    We're all set at TE. Doug Jolley was the steal of last year's draft. Wasn't that trade an unreal trade? I thought smart guys on this site said so and still say so today, no? Why do we need a TE, we have Doug Jolley...it makes no sense. Isn't Jolley awesome? Wasn't Bradway a genius?
    it was a good trade even if he wasn't thrown into the mix.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ego Trip
    Solid Receiver my ***, the guy can't catch anything, that's why Witten started for Dallas all season.
    That's because Witten is a pro-bowl TE in this league. Campbell is just a solid guy that can compete for the starting job.

Dan is a VERY good blocker and a DECENT receiver. Chris Baker isn't coming back, we're gonna need someone to compete with Jolley.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ego Trip
    I'm sure it had nothing to do with Witten's talents

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Campbell's a solid blocker, if he's available cheap I'd take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    He's a solid receiver and one of the best blocking TE's in the game.
    Nice year: 3! catches (5 in the last 2 years), 24 yards, 1 TD. Either he wa used exclusively as a blocking TE, or his a$$ has a lot of splinters. Which is it? He didn't do much in his 4 years with the Giants either.

Doesn't sound like he's the kind of guy that I'd want to spend my precious cap dollars on.

Veteran
    I think we could do a lot better than Campbell!

Veteran
    A Dallas fish-hack speculates that we might have interest, so I guess the Jets are interested.

I wish Cindy Adams of Page 6 would write that I might have interest in a date with Taylor Rain.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Morongo
    Nice year: 3! catches (5 in the last 2 years), 24 yards, 1 TD. Either he wa used exclusively as a blocking TE, or his a$$ has a lot of splinters. Which is it? He didn't do much in his 4 years with the Giants either.

Doesn't sound like he's the kind of guy that I'd want to spend my precious cap dollars on.
    If you're backing up Witten, how much time are you going to get? Who said we're going to be spending precious dollars on him? He's going to be making at or slightly above the min.

Veteran
    calling jolley a steal is an understatement! bradway made that move w/ a michette and a skimask. geez, how can woody and co sleep at night only giving up a late 1st rounder for him. i can only hope and pray that richie anderson and brian schottenheimer can try to squeeze a little more out of him, if at all possible.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac
    it was a good trade even if he wasn't thrown into the mix.
    lol huh?

Veteran
    That was the draft where we traded our first-rounder for Doug Jolley, corect?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Kotch]That was the draft where we traded our first-rounder for Doug Jolley, corect?

the #26 pick w/ heath miller still on the board

All Pro
    Campbell's a good guy to have on the team. He is one of the better blocking TEs in the league and will help move the chains although he's a mediocre pass-catcher at best.

Veteran
    plus i think schottenheimer, if anything like his dad, would lean towards being conservative and would want to use alot of max-protection packages like hackett did w/ becht

Banned
    Live in TX guys most of my friends are fans of the big blue star. Dan Campbell is a good #2 TE, very good blocker and decent hands in the red zone. Would be a solid pick up for his blocking, Jolly prolly could not put a hand on Ted Washington and we know how big ted is! Dressen hyped on this board but at this point the guy has shown me nothing, hopefully he can become a solid TE until then sign a cheap TE that can block well; Dan Cambell fits the bill.

All League
    sounds like Anthony Becht to me... Funny how we want a player like him back

All Pro
    The JETS should really try to retain Baker and I don't understand why they wouldn't because I think he'll only get better with the JETS.