Thread: Future QB

Future QB

Our future QB will be who ever impresses the jets the most at their private workouts. they are going to schedule a individual workout with all 3 of the top guys. i think whoever they like the most they will target and get. whether they have to move up or not to get "their guy", i dont know but they will take the one they want. think about it.. mangini is basing his whole coaching career on this qb and this decision. he is not going to choose someone that he doesn't love just because their the only guy available. he wants to start his new franchise off right with the guy he wants to run it. so therefore he will target 1 of the QBS and then go get him. its as simple as that

Hall Of Fame

He's got Pennington

He's got Pennington who is a real smart QB. I think he want to start the process of developing an offensive system. Any drafted QB will not realistically contribute for a few years. I think he is concerned more with the OL and getting the right type of players that will implement the B. Schottenheimer system.

Hall Of Fame
    Hopefully they will all be close and he won't trade up if that is the case. If he trades our 2nd rounder to move up a couple spots, he'll have one strike against him in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    He's got Pennington who is a real smart QB. I think he want to start the process of developing an offensive system. Any drafted QB will not realistically contribute for a few years. I think he is concerned more with the OL and getting the right type of players that will implement the B. Schottenheimer system.
    Not true. Leinart is very exoerienced in a pro style offense and can contribute right away.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lc87
    Not true. Leinart is very exoerienced in a pro style offense and can contribute right away.
    I agree. I could see Leinart starting early and winning a lot of games often like Roethlisberger did in Pitt his rookie season. Now, I'm not saying that Leinart will come in and take us 15-1, but he could make us competitive right away IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    We have a death trap o-line! If we do not shore up the o-line and defense he will come in and get his *** kicked all over the field! Look at Pittsburghs O-line. high draft picks. They built the o-line and a sound defense, then they drafted Roeth and had success.

Then there is the other route, draft the QB and a few skill guys and ignore the o-line and you get David Carr. I don't care how ready he is to play, you can pick a strong current nfl QB and he will get spanked on this team if we do not shore up the line. This is the perfect year to build up the team in other areas, then worry about the QB next year.