Thread: Qb Thoughts : Say Penny, Bolly, Ramsey Etc. Stink It Up

Practice Squad

Qb Thoughts : Say Penny, Bolly, Ramsey Etc. Stink It Up

Seriously guys I hope whoever we have in the Captains chair does a great job but i just cannot take another year of what happened last year. I know alot of people are opposed to selecting a QB in the draft for apparant reasons due to other team issues an needs which is understandable.

If those 3 guys I named stink it up wouldnt a Qb prospect from the draft give a little hope even if he doesnt do so great in his trial an error.

I know we cant forsee the future but curious to know what would be the thinking of some of my fellow posters if Penny, Bolly , Ramsey or whomever the free agent vet is an our QB group starts off on the wrong foot ????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IFUBUILDITTHEYWILLCOME
    Seriously guys I hope whoever we have in the Captains chair does a great job but i just cannot take another year of what happened last year. I know alot of people are opposed to selecting a QB in the draft for apparant reasons due to other team issues an needs which is understandable.

If those 3 guys I named stink it up wouldnt a Qb prospect from the draft give a little hope even if he doesnt do so great in his trial an error.

I know we cant forsee the future but curious to know what would be the thinking of some of my fellow posters if Penny, Bolly , Ramsey or whomever the free agent vet is an our QB group starts off on the wrong foot ????
    We'll just put Leinart under center a few months ahead of schedule and hope for a Brady/Roethlisberger type miracle. Seen it before.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    We'll just put Leinart under center a few months ahead of schedule and hope for a Brady/Roethlisberger type miracle. Seen it before.

SAR I
    Agreed.

Worst case scenario, Lienart is too jittery his first shot under center, we let brooks have the rest of the season. He came a long way in '05 and at least somewhat knows the level u need to play at in the NFL.

Then '07, Lienart gets another crack at our miracle!!

Practice Squad
    But what if we dont select a Qb in the draft an its just Penny , Bolly , Ramsey too many Question marks about those 3 . even with a high draft pick its such a tough decision.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by IFUBUILDITTHEYWILLCOME

So we then pray that Leinart becomes Big Ben, and not Brownign Nagle, eh?

Even if we do draft a Leinart, we need another Vet on the roster, and Brooks simply doesn't cut it. If we get Ramsey (or Schaub or McCown or whomever) and both Chad and the Vet stink, fine, stick in the rook. But throwing him to the wolves is not the best option as I see it.

Hall Of Fame

Ditto but

We'll just put Jay Cutler under center a few months ahead of schedule and hope for a Brady/Roethlisberger type miracle. Seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I

SAR I
    maybe vinny will get off the couch and come back

I think its doubtful you will see a rookie under center for the Jets this year even if we draft one. If everyone stinks up the joint the team will be looking at a very high pick in 2007, which will be a QB.