Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mangini and Tannenbaum are saying one thing to us with this signing - "WE'RE BACK"

Practice Squad

Mangini and Tannenbaum are saying one thing to us with this signing - "WE'RE BACK"

Several things have been made very clear with the signing of Van Olhaufen

-We are becoming the New England Patriots Defense except younger, tougher and better

-Mangini is revolving this defense around Vilma who will become an absolute tank behind Kimo.

-Tannenbaum is the best GM in the league. When Mangenius took the job all the reporters were saying he has to be nuts - "We're in cap hell". Yeah, that took look long. Tannenbaum start restructuring like a man possessed.

-Also, the clearest view of them all. The 2006 NFL Draft will reunite the next Tom Brady with the next Bill Belichick.

Undrafted Free Agent
    WE DEF ARE BACK! I'm feeling a playoff run this year!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by langnba

-We are becoming the New England Patriots Defense except younger, tougher and better

-Mangini is revolving this defense around Vilma who will become an absolute tank behind Kimo.

-Tannenbaum is the best GM in the league. When Mangenius took the job all the reporters were saying he has to be nuts - "We're in cap hell". Yeah, that took look long. Tannenbaum start restructuring like a man possessed.

-Also, the clearest view of them all. The 2006 NFL Draft will reunite the next Tom Brady with the next Bill Belichick.
    Don't even compare us to the Pats. Not yet at least. We haven't accomplished anything over the last 5 years, while they have 3 rings on their fingers.

All Pro

exactly it will be Leinhart who many already compare to Brady going to the Jets.

Veteran

Huge overstatement, Tannen has done very little to warrant the title of best GM in the league.. Kimo doesn't make this defense younger, and who's the next tom brady?

Otherwise ya, there's reason for optimism : )

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I agree with everything except for Kimo making Vilma better. Kimo is gonna play DE in the 3-4, we still need to find a NT.

Rookie
    Holy optimism.

All Pro
    You're right, its time to buy confetti now!!!! (Sarcasm)

With all due respect, relax.

Undrafted Free Agent

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    I agree with everything except for Kimo making Vilma better. Kimo is gonna play DE in the 3-4, we still need to find a NT.
    Definitely need a NT...DRob isnt the answer for that position unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by FAHQCHAD420
    WE DEF ARE BACK! I'm feeling a playoff run this year!
    kind of jumping the gun.youve got our coach in the playoffs his first year.if he doesnt get us there youll be asking for his head.

All League
    I agree that the signing of Von K gets us moving in the right direction...but ummm he's 35. We will need someone younger to fit that position long term, and at 35 he will need someone to spell him. As for the Vilma reference as he will become a beast...Vilma is a good ILB, but in the 3-4 he will need to get stronger because he wont have the protection of an extra tackle to take on the guards..that said..he will be able to use his speed a bit more.

The signing of Chatman is a good signing in the thought pattern of needing more LB's since were playing with 4 at a time now. Vilma, Barton, Hobson and Chatham is decent, but I think we need to add two more for backup and to challenge Hobson.

All League

-Tannenbaum is the best GM in the league.
    wowe lets not go crazy here

Why do I waste my time reading this sh*t ?...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by mike dorer
    kind of jumping the gun.youve got our coach in the playoffs his first year.if he doesnt get us there youll be asking for his head.
    NAH I Wont, take it easy buddy

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    I totally disagree!I believe Kimo is gonna be our stop-gap NT until such time as management brings in his replacement in the draft,either this season or next.Kimo played NT for the Steelers before Hampton was there and he played it some as recently as last season.If you don't believe me ask some Steelers fans.I watched the Steelers play quite a bit last season and Kimo DID play NT at times.I think our defense is gonna be something like this:

DE-Ellis
    NT-Kimo
    DE-Robertson

OLB-Barton
    ILB-Vilma
    ILB-A.J. Hawk
    OLB-Hobson/Chatman

Practice Squad
    D-Rob playing end in a 3-4 could be very interesting

Undrafted Free Agent
    D-Rob playing end in a 3-4 could be very interesting
    IF he stays in NY

Banned

Vilma is going to have more resonablities this year in the 3-4, it is going to take some adjustments,We have a young stud defensive end (Abe),who would cost us 8.3 millions this year,If we had humored him and made him feel part of the building process,we could have kept him. Von Olhaufan probably got 6 million a year and he is 35, most 35 year old play only situational downs. This also futher hurts Abes trade value, teams already know we have 3 DEs and and forth in drob in the 3-4 system. We need to sign quality o-line man!!!! Where are we going to get them????? We have a britle q-b who is going to cost us 9 million against the cap next year if we have to cut him again.. Rookie q-b, he could quickly turn into leaf if we can not protect him,O;line men are going fast,you can pretend to turn up your noses to the facts,but these are the facts

Practice Squad
    The fact is I wont listen to your negativity because you cant even spell or speak english.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Langba = Mini Moga