Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Mawae Signing With Titans Show Only One Thing

Practice Squad

Kevin Mawae Signing With Titans Show Only One Thing

All he cares about is the money. Lets be honest, the Titans are terrible.
    He wouldnt restructure to make us better so genius Mannebaum told him to go take a hike. He went to the highest offer and got it.

Hall Of Fame
    he didn't get a whole lot so I'm not going to call him greedy... based on Tenn's offer, he probably got lowballed so I can't fault him for taking a few mil

All League
    He could have taken less money to sign on with a team like the Eagles. Instead he goes to a 4-12 team because they offered a 4 mil SB. (good job by Cimini in pointing this out)

This shows what many people here refused to admit - Kevin Mawae is a phony. Maybe Mangini was onto something in giving him the heave-ho.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by langnba
    All he cares about is the money. Lets be honest, the Titans are terrible.
    He wouldnt restructure to make us better so genius Mannebaum told him to go take a hike. He went to the highest offer and got it.
    I think your a bit off. The Jets told him to take a hike because he is 64 years old coming off of a season ending injury. The real question is, why would the Titans sign somebody with nothing left.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    He could have taken less money to sign on with a team like the Eagles. Instead he goes to a 4-12 team because they offered a 4 mil SB. (good job by Cimini in pointing this out)

This shows what many people here refused to admit - Kevin Mawae is a phony. Maybe Mangini was onto something in giving him the heave-ho.
    Such a phony got cut from the Jets for 1.5 mil contract...

And took 4 mil from another team...Get a life

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jet2868

Duh! His contract for this season should he have stayed with us was much more then 1.5M. That is just what we saved by cutting him.

Now, you get a life.

HTH.

All League

Kevin Mawae hasn't made enough money his career ? At this point, shouldn't it be about getting on a team that can win a Superbowl ?
    Last edited by JETSRULE05; 03-16-2006 at 12:25 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    Kevin Mawae hasn't made enough money his career ? At this point, shouldn't it getting on a team that can win a Superbowl ?
    That's exactly what it should have been about but hey, "greed is a powerful drug."

Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    Duh! His contract for this season should he have stayed with us was much more then 1.5M. That is just what we saved by cutting him.

Now, you get a life.

HTH.

I was wrong his salary was 2.8 mil last time i counted 4 mil was more

"For the record, my cap number for the 2006 season is $4.46 million. My actual salary is $2.8 million. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if I am officially cut, the cap savings the Jets will get will only be $1.6 million. [That] shows that this decision is not about money, but more about the direction management wants to take the team."

Back at you

Hall Of Fame
    I was wrong his salary was 2.8 mil last time i counted 4 mil was more

"For the record, my cap number for the 2006 season is $4.46 million. My actual salary is $2.8 million. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if I am officially cut, the cap savings the Jets will get will only be $1.6 million. [That] shows that this decision is not about money, but more about the direction management wants to take the team."

Back at you
    Nothing back at me. I just wanted to prove that your initial post was not well thought out. Now that that has been accomplished; I'm done.

HTH.

All Pro
    Kevin Mawae should be remebered for the good things. Jeez, let go...

One of the best offensive lineman we have ever had

Here's a link...

http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/64657.htm

Now maybe you guys will get off Mawae and Herm and Kotite and

Hess.....and....discuss fixing the team we have...just a thought

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal1189
    Kevin Mawae should be remebered for the good things. Jeez, let go...

One of the best offensive lineman we have ever had
    I like the guy a ton still and wish him nothing but the best, but he did totally contradict himself. After being released he said, "I've had to very good paydays in the NFL. Now it is about winning a Super Bowl." Or something to that effect. However ... he signed with the Titans. You explain it.

I'm done.

HTH.

Yes you are

Good night

All Pro
    I like the guy a ton still and wish him nothing but the best, but he did totally contradict himself. After being released he said, "I've had to very good paydays in the NFL. Now it is about winning a Super Bowl." Or something to that effect. However ... he signed with the Titans. You explain it.

I just don't care. Not bashing, just really feel that it has NOTHING to do with the Jets...In the past, lets keep it there....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal1189
    I just don't care. Not bashing, just really feel that it has NOTHING to do with the Jets...
    To tell you the truth; I don't care either. However, it does show where professional sports is at these days. We always viewed Kevin as a stand-up kind of guy (not that this has really changed that), and if not even he is more concerned with a championship (something he doesn't have) vs. money (which he has a ton of). If not him; who would be? And, if nobody, are we ever going to see it again?

I don't begrudge these guys getting every dollar they can get.They're careers are so short so they have to maximize they're earnings whenever possible. It's real easy to call somebody greedy for taking an extra million or two but truth be told 95% of us would do the same thing.

To tell you the truth; I don't care either. However, it does show where professional sports is at these days. We always viewed Kevin as a stand-up kind of guy (not that this has really changed that), and if not even he is more concerned with a championship (something he doesn't have) vs. money (which he has a ton of). If not him; who would be? And, if nobody, are we ever going to see it again?

Not for nothing...Tennessee has probably been the most active team in free

agency and in this era of mediocrity you plug the hole get in the playoffs

and roll the dice...again though f$^k them I want to know how to fix the jets

Veteran
    kevin is loaded, what that extra money he got with TN is gonna put his kids through college come on....hes greedy thats it end of story....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 312fanatic
    I don't begrudge these guys getting every dollar they can get.They're careers are so short so they have to maximize they're earnings whenever possible. It's real easy to call somebody greedy for taking an extra million or two but truth be told 95% of us would do the same thing.
    see your right and wrong cause im a jet fan and if i played for them and got old and they asked me to take a pay cut you think i would say no....