Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would feel very disappointed if

Undrafted Free Agent

I would feel very disappointed if

the Jets gave their 1st round pick plus their 2nd and 3rd just to trade up 2 lousy spots for the #2 overall pick just to select Leinart. I would rather stay where we are and keep our picks!!!!!

I hope they will not go QB in the 1st round and will give Pennington and Ramsey a chance to see what they could do, evaluate the season and see what we need for the following year. With so many areas in need of improvement, we should utilize all of our draft picks, period! We can definitely get quality in the first three rounds, possibly beyond.

If the FO feels they need a franchise QB, instead of trading up and loosing picks, with our #4 pick we could select a QB (Cutler or Young). I think Young could become the next Randall Cunningham (Philly QB). If they do then that means they will get rid of Pennington after this season.

I hope they do not go QB in round 1!!! With the Saints getting QB Brees and RB Bennett, it is obvious that they will target LT DBrick, which they could take at pick#2 or trade down with the Jets and get at pick #4, WHICH I DO NOT WANT TO HAPPEN !!!

I want the Jets to stay put and pick either LT DBrick, DE Mario Williams or OLB AJ Hawk.

I want the Jets to keep John Abrahams if they cannot get fair market value in any trade. We'll have to see how things play out?

Could te Jets go after FA Lavar Arrington to play LB? He is good in the 3-4.

All Pro
    I'm with you brother!

Hall Of Fame
    None of these topics have ever been discussed here on JI before, I am glad you brought them up.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    Could te Jets go after FA Lavar Arrington to play LB? He is good in the 3-4.

I wish they could that would be awesome!!!

Banned
    If the second-coming of Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, or Joe Montana is a measely 2nd round pick from your grasp, you make the deal and take him.

You can always pick up a 2nd round talent DE or G from the free agent pool in the next three years; blue-chip franchise QB's are impossible to find.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame

I feel the same way

Rather than trade up, they can trade down with Oakland who wants Vince Young. Using the draft value chart we would end up in their #7 overall and get 300 points which equates to approximately their second round pick. We could still get an AJ Hawk or Ngata or other very good player and pay less bucks to sign whoever it is. Another first round pick and we build our Offensive Line up asmidge.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Rather than trade up, they can trade down with Oakland who wants Vince Young. Using the draft value chart we would end up in their #7 overall and get 300 points which equates to approximately their second round pick. We could still get an AJ Hawk or Ngata or other very good player and pay less bucks to sign whoever it is. Another first round pick and we build our Offensive Line up asmidge.

I don't think Hawk would be there at #7. If you could convince me he would be there, then it would be a no brainer.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hanzo
    I don't think Hawk would be there at #7. If you could convince me he would be there, then it would be a no brainer.
    Either Hawk, Davis or Cutler would be there at #7, trading down is a no brainer if you are at #4 and M. Williams is not there.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    If the second-coming of Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, or Joe Montana is a measely 2nd round pick from your grasp, you make the deal and take him.

You can always pick up a 2nd round talent DE or G from the free agent pool in the next three years; blue-chip franchise QB's are impossible to find.

SAR I
    Does the #2 pick come with a crystal ball?

Hall Of Fame

SAR I

Very big if. You don't know that Leinart is the next Joe Montana; And Dan Marino never won a SB because he didn't have the team.. Which is what we are trying to build first. It is just the safer way to go. If we trade up and Leinart gets a torn rotator cuff what say you.

Hall Of Fame

SAR I
    if all of a sudden the next dan marino is out of the blue in the 2006 nfl draft, what says he cant be in next year's draft too???

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    if all of a sudden the next dan marino is out of the blue in the 2006 nfl draft, what says he cant be in next year's draft too???
    Re-sign Vinny.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    Leinart isn't an out-of-the-blue Roethlisberger or Brady type. He's a can't-miss like Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Leinart isn't an out-of-the-blue Roethlisberger or Brady type. He's a can't-miss like Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer.

SAR I
    o yeah, well i say he has the looks of the next Vinny Testaverde, Pass!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Does the #2 pick come with a crystal ball?
    The guy is like 27-2 as a starter on a team that was under intense pressure to go undefeated.....and he damned nearly did.

Crystal balls are needed for the crapshoot "potential" guys like 6th rounder Tom Brady or Vince Young. All that's needed are a clean pair of glasses for the likes of Leinart.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Re-sign Vinny.
    goddamn right. why arent we gm??

All League
    I believe Leinart is the guy the Jets want...
    and I also believe it's worth giving up whatever you need to in order
    to move up to select him.

The dude is a lefty Tom Brady... maybe a bit better.

SAR I
    Are you 100% convinced Leinart is the second coming of Marino or Montana?......

Undrafted Free Agent

Thumbs up

Good Post!

I personally feel the same, with the exception of the part about Ramsey and Pennington shooting it out for the starting position

IMO the competition for starting QB is between ramsey and bollinger at this point

Undrafted Free Agent
    The guy is like 27-2 as a starter on a team that was under intense pressure to go undefeated.....and he damned nearly did.

Crystal balls are needed for the crapshoot "potential" guys like 6th rounder Tom Brady or Vince Young. All that's needed are a clean pair of glasses for the likes of Leinart.

SAR I
    27-2 doesn't impress me. Walsh, Dorsey and Toretta hardly ever lost either in big time pressure circumstances at U Miami. But if we think they were the straws that stirred that drink then we might as well think that comics were the reason that men use to go to see burlesque.