Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does everyone think of TJ Duckett.

All Pro

What does everyone think of TJ Duckett.

Just wanted to know, since his name is being thrown around.

Personally I think hes everything alot of posters want Lendale White to be but 10x better as a prospect coming out.

I know he had some success with 10td last season, but this season played less because of Warrick Dunn Standing out.

Anyway, the guy is 6'0, 250, and runs a 4.41.

He is a pounder, thats fast, and I would love to have him here.

http://www.statenewhtml?ps.com/article.phtml?pk=9233

Btw, he is signed with 2 years left on his deal--Both being 600,000, and 700,000. I love that part.

Anyway, what do you guys think of him?

Veteran
    JAG

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes
    Just wanted to know, since his name is being thrown around.

Personally I think hes everything alot of posters want Lendale White to be but 10x better as a prospect coming out.

I know he had some success with 10td last season, but this season played less because of Warrick Dunn Standing out.

Anyway, the guy is 6'0, 250, and runs a 4.41.

He is a pounder, thats fast, and I would love to have him here.

http://www.statenewhtml?ps.com/article.phtml?pk=9233

Btw, he is signed with 2 years left on his deal--Both being 600,000, and 700,000. I love that part.

Anyway, what do you guys think of him?
    i liked him a lot at mich st, thought he would do more in the NFL.

i still like him though.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4life
    JAG
    i was in fairlawn on vacation from brooklyn last weekend.

did some grillin and chillin.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Great on the goal line, but not someone I'd want to give 30+ carries a week to.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He is young with still alot of upside...At the very least KR he gives us an nice short yardage and goaline attack...

Duckett can still be a player in the right system...He never got enough carries with Dunn and Vick always running the ball..

I would be very happy grabbing him in the Abe trade as long as the other picks we get are high enough..Either way, 10 TDS in one season for a guy touching the ball very little shows he has some bigtime upside..

All Pro
    I like Duckett. Big, fast, powerful, young (25), scores a lot of TDs. I also like the fact that he has 2 years left on his rookie deal. If he's the makeweight in a trade (with a 2nd rounder plus another good pick) then I'd be pretty satisfied, I think. Duckett would bring a dimension to the running game that the Jets currently lack. You would use him in a similar way to how Pittsburgh used the Bus - bring him in late in the game to pound a tired D.

All League
    I think he is ver similar to Lamont Jordan. He comes cheap on the $$ side. The Jets will be moving away from a WCO and that is a good thing for Duckett. Remember he is in a WCO now. That is not your typical WCO back. While I assume our offense will look similar to the Chargers, I think he would be a much stronger back in that type of offense. You have him and add Runyan to the RT spot and that would be a nice fit.
    Last edited by Conkboy; 03-21-2006 at 06:58 PM.

All Pro
    You know that planet theory?

Well IMO anyone thats 250 pounds, is muscular, and runs a 4.41 is a CRAZY athlete.

I think he may have been misused at Atlanta, and he could be a steal, or atleast worth a decent pick.

I mean guys, 4.41, and 250 is Vernon Davis type of athlete.

You know that planet theory?

Well IMO anyone thats 250 pounds, is muscular, and runs a 4.41 is a CRAZY athlete.

I think he may have been misused at Atlanta, and he could be a steal, or atleast worth a decent pick.

I mean guys, 4.41, and 250 is Vernon Davis type of athlete.
    Settle down there.

Actually, as a throw in, Duckett is a nice player, but we already have three tailbacks. I sort of like Houston. Not sure if we really need TJ, but he's got nice upside.

The problem with Duckett is his penchant for being injured. For a big guy who plays part-time, he misses lots of time.

Hall Of Fame

What Do I Think of Him?

2002 first round bust, like Bryan Thomas and Patrick Ramsey.

Not to forget to mention other first round busts from 2002 like Joey Harrington and Mike Williams (T).

P.S., don't give me this nonsense that he's playing behind Warrick (Warren for the guy from the Bergen Record) Dunn. He's been in the league 4 years and was the 18th overall pick. If he was any good, he'd be the feature back.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    2002 first round bust, like Bryan Thomas and Patrick Ramsey.

Not to forget to mention other first round busts from 2002 like Joey Harrington and Mike Williams (T).

P.S., don't give me this nonsense that he's playing behind Warrick (Warren for the guy from the Bergen Record) Dunn. He's been in the league 4 years and was the 18th overall pick. If he was any good, he'd be the feature back.
    Dunn ran for 1,416 yards last year at a 5.1 yard per clip. Yeah, only a total mutt would get stuck behind that.

Duckett has been a mild disappointment, but not a bust.

Hall Of Fame
    He is supposedly out of the Jerome Bettis mold. He was ranked 10th best player by Gil Brandt in 2002 draft. I think you are right about him. It is like getting a first rounder without all the bonus money. Since he has been backup to Warrick Dunn, he doesn't get much action. Sounds like a sleeper and you know me I love the low 40 yd dash times.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... t.j. duckett = ron dayne ...

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Duckett also misesd a lot of time last year due to a high-ankle sprain, or some nagging type injury.

I'd love it if he were included in any deal.

A #2, Duckett, and next year's #2?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Great on the goal line, but not someone I'd want to give 30+ carries a week to.
    Same exact thing could be said about L White.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Zeppelin
    Dunn ran for 1,416 yards last year at a 5.1 yard per clip. Yeah, only a total mutt would get stuck behind that.

Duckett has been a mild disappointment, but not a bust.
    Selective memory, JZ. Dunn ran for 1106 in 2004, 672 in 2003 and 927 in 2002. What was Duckett's excuse for those years? Get real, he's a bust.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Zeppelin
    Settle down there.
    You find me 250 pound players with 4.41 speed that are throw in's, and Ill settle down.

Theres only 2-3 in this draft.

There extremely rare.

And SMC, The year before this one, He had 10 Td's. Not Bad.

All Pro
    HIs stats

I like what I see, Especially last year with a 4.9 YPC.

He did fairly well when he had an opportunity to start.

Practice Squad
    You find me 250 pound players with 4.41 speed that are throw in's, and Ill settle down.

Theres only 2-3 in this draft.

There extremely rare.

And SMC, The year before this one, He had 10 Td's. Not Bad.

Except he doesnt play anywhere close to that fast 40 time.

He's a career backup.