Thread: OT - Big Brother @ the Bar?!?

All League

OT - Big Brother @ the Bar?!?

Saw this on TV this morning, can't get over it...

LINK

So now people are getting arrested for drinking in a bar?!? Unbelievable. There was a woman on TV who was arrested in a hotel bar - and she was staying in that hotel !!! How is this possibly what law enforcement decides to allocate $$$ and manpower to?

Let's hope that nobody tells them about a certain area of the Meadowlands parking lots...

All League
    A certain PatsFan must have screwed it up for the rest of us!

LOL. It sucks, but as far as I know hasn't Texas been pretty lax in the past on drinking and driving and such?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanTransplant
    A certain PatsFan must have screwed it up for the rest of us!

LOL. It sucks, but as far as I know hasn't Texas been pretty lax in the past on drinking and driving and such?
    They do have that reputation - but to crack down on drinking and sitting? Or drinking and stumbling? WWI?? (Walking While Intoxicated???)

Veteran
    Thats like busting someone for public urination in a bathroom

Super*****/Prom Queen

Talking Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Watcha Gonna Go.........

Quote Originally Posted by edcopp
    So now people are getting arrested for drinking in a bar?!? Unbelievable. There was a woman on TV who was arrested in a hotel bar - and she was staying in that hotel !!! How is this possibly what law enforcement decides to allocate $$$ and manpower to?

Let's hope that nobody tells them about a certain area of the Meadowlands parking lots...
    Honestly, I don't disagree with this. Living in a party town like NY all my life, I have seen more than my fair share of what we call "mamalukes" in the clubs and bars scene. These guys are all cashed up, stoned out and downright obnoxious. My friends and I go out to relax & enjoy ourselves, not to be slobbered all over and have drinks spilt all over us by a freakin moron who can't hold his liquor.

The same goes for women too. If you are going to be falling over the place and acting like a $2 slut, then please stay away from us and have a nice life, somewhere else.

I'm not trying to come off snobbish here, I mean everyone is capable of having an "episode" where they get out of control, blacked out on booze and can't remember a thing, but if you are type of person that wakes up like that most mornings, thanks but no thanks.

And as for that unnamed location in the swamps lot, very rarely do I see that type of offensive behavior going on, but if it does that person's friends are quick to diffuse and remove the problem.

J.M.H.O.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by edcopp
    They do have that reputation - but to crack down on drinking and sitting? Or drinking and stumbling? WWI?? (Walking While Intoxicated???)
    Not being able to be drunk in a bar? That's as Un-American as it comes.

Man, I'd be embarrassed to be from Texas today.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    Honestly, I don't disagree with this. Living in a party town like NY all my life, I have seen more than my fair share of what we call "mamalukes" in the clubs and bars scene. These guys are all cashed up, stoned out and downright obnoxious. My friends and I go out to relax & enjoy ourselves, not to be slobbered all over and have drinks spilt all over us by a freakin moron who can't hold his liquor.

The same goes for women too. If you are going to be falling over the place and acting like a $2 slut, then please stay away from us and have a nice life, somewhere else.

I'm not trying to come off snobbish here, I mean everyone is capable of having an "episode" where they get out of control, blacked out on booze and can't remember a thing, but if you are type of person that wakes up like that most mornings, thanks but no thanks.

And as for that unnamed location in the swamps lot, very rarely do I see that type of offensive behavior going on, but if it does that person's friends are quick to diffuse and remove the problem.

J.M.H.O.
    IMO, the difference is that the police were not responding to complaints about bad behavior, or unruliness, or assault. They were undercover looking for people who had a hard time standing up, or who didn't walk straight, etc... Then they were doing the type of field sobriety tests usually reserved for DWI suspects in the bars. So, in essence, minding your own business and tying one on in a bar is being prosecuted.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

As far as that UNNAMED place in the swamp I do remember catching a UNNAMED drunk who fell off of one on the big green vehicles...... Well I caught one and missed the other but.... Everyone gets alittle loopy one time or another.......Especially if you are a Jet fan..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY
    Thats like busting someone for public urination in a bathroom
    GREAT analogy....This is getting ridiculous....I am not a smoker but, it's gettin' to the point where they are trying to police every aspect of our lives....You can't smoke anywhere....Pretty soon prohibition is gonna come back....I grew up in the 60's and 70's when we got bb guns and mini bikes for our 10th birthdays.....REAL bow and arrow sets as kids.....We rode our bikes without helmets....Cars didn't have air bags....Things are gettin' nuts!!!! OK....I'll stop!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Vanderjagt is in trouble...