Thread: Rookie Conservatism? Or New Plan?

Rookie Conservatism? Or New Plan?

hi...... im a first time poster.......................my name is ben im from great neck..........i hope ill be able to contribute to the board........obviously by my user name i think this regime has a new stradegy, but im wondering if theres anyone out there that thinks that this regime is simply being conservative with their moves being that theyre a new regime and wanna be cautious about what they do early..........trying not to do anything radical at the expense of getting heavily critisized if those moves dont pan out...................i have my thoughts on it all but im wondering what you guys think

All Pro
    Welcome to the board and I would say they're being slightly conservative with what they do, especially that they're way under the cap now and haven't haphazardly went on a FA spending spree.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mangenius
    hi...... im a first time poster.......................my name is ben im from great neck..........i hope ill be able to contribute to the board........obviously by my user name i think this regime has a new stradegy, but im wondering if theres anyone out there that thinks that this regime is simply being conservative with their moves being that theyre a new regime and wanna be cautious about what they do early..........trying not to do anything radical at the expense of getting heavily critisized if those moves dont pan out...................i have my thoughts on it all but im wondering what you guys think
    Welcome to the board.
    Lots of good, healthy debate you'll enjoy if you are a Jet fan.

But a word of advice:
    If you want to be taken serious here, you really need to express a basic understanding of writing.

I'm not trying to be critical, I'm really trying to be constructive.

When you write like that, people will just skip by your posts and miss your points.

Really simple.
    Punctuation.
    Capitalization.
    Paragraphs.
    No rambling sentences.

Writing 101 really.

Sorry if that seems harsh..I honestly don't mean it to be.

But proper English will have your thoughts taken seriously.

Good luck.

Hall Of Fame

Welcome aboard

hey, I think there's a plan to fill all the holes with FA and quality draft picks.
    If they got rid of Curtis Martin or Pennington, I would think they are doing a complete rebuild but I don't think they are. The plan is chnage the defense to a very good one by doing what they do in NE. Mangini was the DC and will implement a similar scheme ie., 3-4.

On offense he has given the reigns to Brian Schotty and said let's fix the OL and get the ship righted.

Hall Of Fame
    I think you're right.

I also think that putting ........... between every sentence gets annoying. If you want to space out your points, just hit enter. Not to jump on you, just wanted to let you know

Veteran
    ThIs Is RiDiCuLoUS.......WaZ wRoNg WiTh My WrItInG!!!!!!!!!!!#@()$IU)(

i appreciate you all telling me that, ill be sure to fix that in my future posts

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CT. JETS FAN
    Welcome to the board.
    Lots of good, healthy debate you'll enjoy if you are a Jet fan.

But a word of advice:
    If you want to be taken serious here, you really need to express a basic understanding of writing.

I'm not trying to be critical, I'm really trying to be constructive.

When you write like that, people will just skip by your posts and miss your points.

Really simple.
    Punctuation.
    Capitalization.
    Paragraphs.
    No rambling sentences.

Writing 101 really.

Sorry if that seems harsh..I honestly don't mean it to be.

But proper English will have your thoughts taken seriously.

Good luck.
    Was written like a product of the Great Neck school system.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan
    Was written like a product of the Great Neck school system.
    Is there a Roslyn - Great Neck rivalry I am unaware of?

All Pro
    Is there a Roslyn - Great Neck rivalry I am unaware of?
    Actually just moved. I used to live in Great Neck and my kids went to schools there. Roslyn kids I'm sure write the same way.

Unfortanuately the way he writes is a generational and an internetese thing. My son who is in law school and writes very well posts here also and does not use the shift key. I have seen that from many of those brought up with computers. They just don't see the need.

That being said this writing was particularly difficult to follow and not just because he was too lazy to use the shift key.

All League
    Actually just moved. I used to live in Great Neck and my kids went to schools there. Roslyn kids I'm sure write the same way.

Unfortanuately the way he writes is a generational and an internetese thing. My son who is in law school and writes very well posts here also and does not use the shift key. I have seen that from many of those brought up with computers. They just don't see the need.

That being said this writing was particularly difficult to follow and not just because he was too lazy to use the shift key.
    Well, with a son in Law School, those Great Neck schools couldn't have been too bad.

Congrats on that..I'm sure you are proud.

I have 2 kids in college now down in North Carolina.
    Last edited by CT. JETS FAN; 03-24-2006 at 03:49 PM.

All Pro
    Well, with a son in Law School, those Great Neck schools couldn't have been too bad.

Congrats on that..I'm sure you are proud.

I have 2 kids in college now down in North Carolina.
    Thanks. I am proud. My daughter will be starting law school in Sept. also (she is another one who doesn't know where the shift key is when she emails me). Just what this world needs. More lawyers.

Those colleges in NC are great. They must be smart to get in there and lucky to have parents that can afford to pay the tuitions.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 03-24-2006 at 04:01 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

There's no way Roslyn kids could write as well....they were deprived of $11m of school funding by their erstwhile Superintendant

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    There's no way Roslyn kids could write as well....they were deprived of $11m of school funding by their erstwhile Superintendant
    You are factually correct but it is unusual to see the term Roslyn kids and deprived in the same sentence.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

You are factually correct but it is unusual to see the term Roslyn kids and deprived in the same sentence.

Ha....very true.

All Pro
    I wouldn't agree that it was that conservative to cut a bunch of well-respected players and trade your best pass-rusher.

All League
    Thanks. I am proud. My daughter will be starting law school in Sept. also (she is another one who doesn't know where the shift key is when she emails me). Just what this world needs. More lawyers.

Those colleges in NC are great. They must be smart to get in there and lucky to have parents that can afford to pay the tuitions.
    Well one's a senior so no more checks to write for him

Besides, this is my entertainment now..we never go out LOL