Thread: Are fans doing anything about our official site?

Undrafted Free Agent

Are fans doing anything about our official site?

Everyone complains all the time about how brutal our official site is, but I don't think anything is being done about it. I have left feedback about it twice, but I seriously think the fans need to get together and lobby for an updated/improved site that is up to the quality of those around the league. Even those ghetto Buffalo Bills have a far better site. I mean, come on, they're named for New York City for Christs's sake, you'd think a world class city''s team should have a world class website. If anything is already being done please let me know, I'd like to get involved. If not, I say we start something.

Veteran
    JI has all the info I need, but yes, the Jets official site is amateurish and something should be done!

Undrafted Free Agent
    so let the fans rise up an do something

Veteran
    Not going to the site? I haven't been there in who knows how long. Ohio's right. All the news is right here.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jtuds
    Everyone complains all the time about how brutal our official site is, but I don't think anything is being done about it. I have left feedback about it twice, but I seriously think the fans need to get together and lobby for an updated/improved site that is up to the quality of those around the league. Even those ghetto Buffalo Bills have a far better site. I mean, come on, they're named for New York City for Christs's sake, you'd think a world class city''s team should have a world class website. If anything is already being done please let me know, I'd like to get involved. If not, I say we start something.
    How does it compare to the Giants site? I'm not in a habit of checking any other sites of any other teams except my own..The Jets...so I'm asking a legitimate question....Is the Giants site any better?

Rookie
    The sites ok If you need past history, buy a media guide for 10 bucks. Loads of info and a great buy
    Our site has news clippings and actually gotten alot better from a year ago..

Veteran
    This is my official site.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead
    How does it compare to the Giants site? I'm not in a habit of checking any other sites of any other teams except my own..The Jets...so I'm asking a legitimate question....Is the Giants site any better?
    http://www.giants.com/

Yeah, it blows the Jets' site out of the water...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    So I guess each team hires they're own web designer? NHL,MLB,AND NBA all have the same sites as eachothers teams.

All League
    Each team is responsible, or has been in the past, for their own sites and content, though all are linked to the NFL.com.

Perhaps that changed with the new CBA and how the owners are expecting to fill revenue streams (to fund the pool for the lower revenue teams), from 'untapped internet resources' that don't exist at the moment, or at least not in a big way.