Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Mock (Rounds 1-7 With Trades).

Rookie

Cool Jets Mock (Rounds 1-7 With Trades).

Trades:
    Our 5th round pick (#132) to the Browns for center Jeff Faine.
    Our first (#4) to the Broncos for their firsts (#15 and #22).

#15- LenDale White RB USC: This is your future to Martin, he is a powerful, bruising back that was overshadowed by Reggie Bush. This guy is for real, and might be more NFL ready than Bush actually.
    #22- Gabe Watson DT Michigan: We need to get a big body in the middle, where we play 3-4 or 4-3, and this guy is 339 pounds of big body.If we rightfully stay in a 4-3, he will open up lanes for Robertson, Vilma, Hobson, and Barton to get in the backfield on blitzes.
    #29- Max Gean-Jiles OG Georgia: This guy is stronger than hell and is HUGE (though he could lose 5-10 pounds, as those extra pounds may be the reason for slower feet) and will replace Kendall.
    #35- Jonathan Scott OT Texas: He has good size and has the ability to gain weight, unlike others;possess long arms and quick feet. Paved the way for Vince Young.
    #71- Ray Edwards DE Purdue: Can give Thomas a run for his money and can start. He's a natural pass rusher like Abe.
    3rd round comp pick from Oakland via LaMont Jordan- Kelly Jennings CB Miami: Has great speed, if either Barrett or Miller show some of that inconsistency they showed last year, they can't do it for long, because this guy could go in and make sure they won't.
    #100- Fred Mutua OG USC: This guy is a great backup to have, if I'm not mistaken he can also play center. As we saw last year, you can never have enough line depth. Ask the Patriots that, too.
    #116- Jason Avant WR Michigan: Has good size, speed, and hands. He can be our deep threat, while Tim Dwight can be primarily a KR/PR, and Avant the deep theat we need.
    #196- Leon Williams LB Miami- We could use some depth at LB with the loss of Mark Brown and getting Matt Chatham as a replacement.
    #201- Anthony Mix WR/TE Auburn: Has good speed, is a WR and TE which is unique, and I like that.

All League

All League
    Pass the cyanide...

All League
    it's pretty funny how people like to take credit for things that I say.... but then critisize my user name and try to rip me apart in a thread....quite comical.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius
    it's pretty funny how people like to take credit for things that I say.... but then critisize my user name and try to rip me apart in a thread....quite comical.
    What are you talking about ?

Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05

i like it a lot, those first 4 picks and the Faine trade are awesome, hopefully it falls that way

Hall Of Fame
    Jet Genius is my favorite poster on JI.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Jet Genius is my favorite poster on JI.
    As far as I'm concerned, there's the Genius, and then there's everyone else. He needs his own section of the board.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    As far as I'm concerned, there's the Genius, and then there's everyone else. He needs his own section of the board.
    There is a beer forum, why not a Jet Genius forum? Or how about the Jet Genius rant of the week? Or the Jet Genius prediction of the week? Perfect. Pitch Sooth the idea.

The funny thing is that he would be banned by most boards already, that is why I like JI, they don't ban people, unless they deserve to be banned.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    k

I, Jet Genius, today, started a thread on trading for Jeff Faine and i was the ONLY one on my side....

... that being said i also said IN THAT THREAD, and every thread, that we should trade down and draft LenDale White, and i have stuck to my word since the rose bowl.

and btw, Pennytocoles, is ONE of DOZENS of users who constantley critisize my user name and ALWAYS have soemthing to say about my opinions and what i write in my posts.

that's why it's funny.

Hall Of Fame
    k

I, Jet Genius, today, started a thread on trading for Jeff Faine and i was the ONLY one on my side....

... that being said i also said IN THAT THREAD, and every thread, that we should trade down and draft LenDale White, and i have stuck to my word since the rose bowl.

and btw, Pennytocoles, is ONE of DOZENS of users who constantley critisize my user name and ALWAYS have soemthing to say about my opions and what i write in my posts.

that's why it's funny.

Jet Genius > SNL

All League

Jet Genius > SNL
    okay, so go look at the Fain thread i started... then see how much funnier i am compared to satnightlive.

Hall Of Fame
    okay, so go look at the Fain thread i started... then see how much funnier i am compared to satnightlive.
    It is a compliment, I like your posts. I find them amusing. Keep it up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    There is a beer forum, why not a Jet Genius forum? Or how about the Jet Genius rant of the week? Or the Jet Genius prediction of the week? Perfect. Pitch Sooth the idea.
    Done and done, I'll be emailing Sean part III of the draft preview sometime in the middle of next week. I'll do my best to sell him on the idea when I talk to him.

It would be kind of like the JI version of that famous restauarant "Dick's Last Resort," where everyone goes there because the waiters and cooks insult the people there, and everyone goes in knowing it's gonna happen before they go in.

All League
    trading our 4 for their first two would the best thing that could happen to us...although I'd make different picks

#15 Winston Justice T
    #22 Leonard Pope TE
    #29 Bobby Carpenter OLB
    #35 Mangold/ Cromartie/ Maroney/ Jean-Gilles

or something like that
    Last edited by JazzyJet; 03-26-2006 at 05:06 PM.

Rookie
    JetGenius, when have I argued with you about LenDale White and Jeff Faine?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennington to Coles TD
    JetGenius, when have I argued with you about LenDale White and Jeff Faine?
    obviousley never

but you do argue, along with a dozen others, about my opinions, thoughts, knowledge of the NFL and business side of the NFL, players, predictions..... you name it....

but it's okay, I know that the people who constantley have to argue with me and start arguments with me in a thread OUT OF NO WHERE are really, deep down inside, agreeing with me the whole time.... and that's really all that counts.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet
    trading our 4 for their first two would the best thing that could happen to us...although I'd make different picks

#15 Winston T
    #22 Pope TE
    #29 Carpenter OLB
    #35 Mangold/ Cromartie/ Maroney/ Jean-Gilles

or something like that
    do you mean winston justice at #15? Eric Winston is probably going to go in the 2nd round.... i don't like L. Pope at #22, the jets have to descent TEs, no way do they add another..... i like carpenter, i don't love him.... manny lawson would fit better witht this team.... mangold is an okay pick, but compared to Cromartie it's a no brainer who to take.... i don't want maroney, Jean Gillies is a good pick.

Hall Of Fame
    k

and btw, Pennytocoles, is ONE of DOZENS of users who constantley critisize my user name and ALWAYS have soemthing to say about my opinions and what i write in my posts.

that's why it's funny.

I thought you wanted to trade up and get Leinart?