Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tangini era has done nothing to make the Jets Better in fact they're much worse!

The Tangini era has done nothing to make the Jets Better in fact they're much worse!

We traded a premier pass rusher for a stinkin late round draft choice... Hopefully the player we select will be a quality NFL starter but the odd are agaist it. We released Ty Law who had 10 picks last year and got nuthin again.

The only free agents or players we have signed or traded for is a back-up linbacker/ special teams player (Chatman) and a career back-up quaterback (Ramsey) who Gibbs wanted nothing to do with which is evident by the sixth round draft choice we got him for. If he was anything half way decent some other team would have at least been involved for the former 1st round pick. So now we have 2 quaterbacks that wold probably not even make 75% of the other rosters as even a 3rd string quaterback. Way to go Tangini!!!!

WAKE UP PEOPLE last lace is upon us again...

Rookie
    J-Diddy, you have done nothing to make this forum any better, in fact it is much worse after unfortunatley reading your shallow and negative opinions.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Those with a football IQ under 40 should not be able to post on this site.

Veteran
    Way too early for this blanket statement Dude.

We haven't finished the FA period, or even had the Draft!

Be realistic

This team is worse, actually much worse then last year. They way teams in the NFL get better is buy improving the talent level.... Which is exactly what the Jets have not done... There moving in reverse...

At least they will save Woody some money by not spending any money on players that other teams actually want. Oh sorry I forgot about Chapman.

Maybe the goal is to save money if thats the case then Tangini are doing a admirable job.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    Those with a football IQ under 40 should not be able to post on this site.
    Unfortunately I have been directly told that I can't ban people just because they have zero knowledge of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy
    We traded a premier pass rusher for a stinkin late round draft choice...
    Since when was the 1st round late

People theses days.........................

All League
    This team is worse, actually much worse then last year. They way teams in the NFL get better is buy improving the talent level.... Which is exactly what the Jets have not done... There moving in reverse...

At least they will save Woody some money by not spending any money on players that other teams actually want. Oh sorry I forgot about Chapman.

Maybe the goal is to save money if thats the case then Tangini are doing a admirable job.
    wait for the draft.

The Truth Hurts

What have I said to make you think I lack knowledge of the NFL?

Is Ramsey or Pennington a good quaterback? Neither would make 75% of NFL teams.
    Is Chapman an improvment for this team?
    Did we not lose two big playmakers on defense and fail to replace them?

Hall Of Fame
    This is pissing me off cuz he keeps mentioning it:

WE DID NOT SIGN CHAPMAN.

Alright buddy your taking it overboard. Neither of them are Joe Montana but they could both find roster spots on almost all teams as a 2nd or 3rd stringer if the price is right.

All League
    I think some people place post here just to garner some attention. This is one of those post.

All League

You're making the mistake of looking at this team in terms of how they will do next year. Stop doing that. The Jets have a 36 year old HC thinking long term. He is going to change the atmosphere (e.g. ridding the team of clubhouse lawyer Mawae) , change the systems on both sides of the ball, stockpile young talent (wait until the draft), and use hold-the-fort veterans to facilitate the process of rebuilding.

2006 is a year of rebuilding for the Jets, not competing. You want a 9-10 win team to keep you interested on Sundays at 1. The Jets could care less about that, they're concerned with someday winning a Superbowl, as they should.

Penny and Ramsey

When have teams won with two 3rd string qb's? This is an impossibility.. This team is the laughing stock of the NFL right now.

Yea but...

Why get rid of Abraham.. he's only 27 and about to hit his prime. Deal makes no sense even if we are rebuilding.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80
    wait for the draft.
    Why ??? WE have a money man evaluating talent, this was his first combine... Do we know how much imput Mangini has ever had on draft day????

Undrafted Free Agent
    This entire thread is complete nonsense. And these people vote...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFielder
    Why ??? WE have a money man evaluating talent, this was his first combine... Do we know how much imput Mangini has ever had on draft day????
    You don't know a thing about Tangini's ability evaluating talent. Nobody does. They have no trackrecord (good or bad) evaluating talent.

Can't criticize them until they actually go through a draft.

However, having multiple high picks in a deep draft is certainly a good thing for any regime.

Banned

Is the offseason over? NO!!!

So STFU!!

All Pro
    J-Diddy: You are now on my list for suspect posters. People that create new threads for superficial observations and rants rather than worthwhile discussion and debate.