Thread: Peter King tidbit on Tannenbaum

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Peter King tidbit on Tannenbaum

4. I think, when this week of meetings and pool-sitting is over for new Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum, he'll say the most valuable thing he did while in Florida is sit with his mentor, Bill Parcells, and the godfather of more than one GM in the game, Ron Wolf, at a Mets-Cardinals game the other day, and continue the discussion afterward.

All League
    Hmm...what's that supposed to mean?...seems a little cryptic to me

All League
    He is really losing it in the off-season.

Poor guy, maybe he should add back a few twinkies to his diet.

BZ

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie
    Hmm...what's that supposed to mean?...seems a little cryptic to me

it's important because it means Tannenbaum is member of the NFL's illuminati..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    People usually say "don't read anything into" something. Well, in this case, let's read a little something more into this....just for the heck of it.

If I read this correctly, Mr. T is sitting with Ron Wolf and Bill P. at a Spring Training game AND...continuing a conversation afterwards. Hmmm? Does continuing a conversation afterwards mean talking trades or draft moves? The Packers are one spot behind us, etc.

Charter JI Member
    I think it means that Tannenbaum has an open dialog with two of the top men in the NFL. During the show on SNY this week said that he speaks somewhat reguarly with top NFL guys. When he was asked specifically about Belichek however he said he didn't expect much help from him at all, he chuckled and said they basically talk about the weather.

All Pro
    It also shows that he's going to use his exceptional mentors as a resource, and that he's not one of these hotshots who thinks he knows it all already.

That's good, imo.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    People usually say "don't read anything into" something. Well, in this case, let's read a little something more into this....just for the heck of it.

If I read this correctly, Mr. T is sitting with Ron Wolf and Bill P. at a Spring Training game AND...continuing a conversation afterwards. Hmmm? Does continuing a conversation afterwards mean talking trades or draft moves? The Packers are one spot behind us, etc.

Wolf has nothing to do with the Pack anymore.

Perhaps Mike was asking for advice or to hire him to help set up the Jets draft board?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    I think it means that Tannenbaum has an open dialog with two of the top men in the NFL. During the show on SNY this week said that he speaks somewhat reguarly with top NFL guys. When he was asked specifically about Belichek however he said he didn't expect much help from him at all, he chuckled and said they basically talk about the weather.
    BINGO...we have a winner - that is exactly what it means - our head coach and GM have great relationships with the top NFL minds...not a bad thing IMO...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgater
    Wolf has nothing to do with the Pack anymore.

Perhaps Mike was asking for advice or to hire him to help set up the Jets draft board?

having wolf as as a aide for the draft would be great too good to be true not happening

All League
    I sure hope he wasn't taking drafting 'advice' from the Tuna!

All Pro
    Ron Wolf is not going to help with the draft. I heard him on a radio show about a month ago and he was saying he doesn't know anything about college football players these days because he doesn't really watch it since he's been out of the NFL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djc
    BINGO...we have a winner - that is exactly what it means - our head coach and GM have great relationships with the top NFL minds...not a bad thing IMO...
    yeah, this is amazing news, NFL GM's talk to each other. Wolf would go to a ball game with anybody willing to buy the hotdogs.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Maybe they are just three guys who know each other and wanted to relax a little, and take in a ball game? Everyone needs some R&R. This time of year, reporters go even FURTHER to create a story when there is none.