Thread: Manning v Manning First Sunday Nighter

Veteran

Manning v Manning First Sunday Nighter

Manning the Choker vs. Manning the Crybaby is the first NBC Sunday Night game in East Rutherford. Rest of the schedule will be released later.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-341726c.html

It's Manning vs. Manning

BY GARY MYERS
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Eli vs. Peyton didn't happen in the Super Bowl, but it will happen the first week of the 2006 season in the prime-time Sunday night opener on Sept. 10 at Giants Stadium.
    The Daily News learned today that the NFL, going for some early drama, has picked the Manning Brothers to be the featured attraction of the first Sunday of the season on NBC’s new package. The Mannings have never faced each other in high school, college or the NFL. It figures to be an anxious night for Archie Manning, who tries to attend as many of his quarterback sons’ games as possible.

The Giants, who won the NFC East, and Colts, who won the AFC South, were a potential Super Bowl matchup going into the playoffs. But the Giants lost in the wild-card round and then the Colts, who opened the season 13-0, lost in the divisional round after a first-round bye.

The Colts and Giants play every four years, so the Mannings knew this was coming.

“It will be exciting for football,” Peyton Manning said recently. “I think it will be fun. During the week, ask me by Wednesday, and I’ll probably have a different answer for you.” There will be plenty of pressure on the Manning family that week. “It will be tough on them, no question,” Peyton Manning said.

The NFL will release the entire schedule next month.

Originally published on March 27, 2006

Veteran
    That means we're away to open up the season..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I love it! Great game to kickoff Sunday Night.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10
    That's good news. If we open the season "away" chances are the last game will be played at home. Barring a miracle that we get into the post season, I like that since nobody wants to travel to an away game during Christmas/Hanukkah and New Year's holidays.

I'm putting my money on Mannings team to win. Sorry I couldn't resist.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    That's good news. If we open the season "away" chances are the last game will be played at home. Barring a miracle that we get into the post season, I like that since nobody wants to travel to an away game during Christmas/Hanukkah and New Year's holidays.
    Nobody?

I think it was three years ago we had our last game (maybe second to last) in Miami. The wife and went down for the game and then off to Jamaica.

It was all good.

BZ

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
    Nobody? I think it was three years ago we had our last game (maybe second to last) in Miami. The wife and went down for the game and then off to Jamaica. It was all good. BZ
    Nice if you have it like that BZ, but I practically had to offer my Mom & family a kidney transplant (God forbid they ever needed one) just to go to Miami this past season a week before X-mas without a headache.

And didn't you just have a new baby BZ? Where are you going this holiday season with a newborn in tow?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Too bad they both can't lose...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    Nice if you have it like that BZ, but I practically had to offer my Mom & family a kidney transplant (God forbid they ever needed one) just to go to Miami this past season a week before X-mas without a headache.

And didn't you just have a new baby BZ? Where are you going this holiday season with a newborn in tow?
    Jeese, she is 9 months old now. By next X-mas she will be well on her way to a year and a half. We left her at Grandma's for our trip to Miami this last year, don't know why we couldn't do the same again.

BZ

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Too bad they both can't lose...
    Nah, they save that for the Playoffs...

BZ

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Nah, they save that for the Playoffs...

BZ

Aside from having 2 brothers face off against each other, it won't even be sunday night worthy. Indy will have the game before halftime.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    D@mn, I was hoping it was a boxing match.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10
    Wow..What else is new?

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Jeese, she is 9 months old now. By next X-mas she will be well on her way to a year and a half. We left her at Grandma's for our trip to Miami this last year, don't know why we couldn't do the same again.

BZ
    Because you may too busy putting together "Malibu Barbie's Beach House" and a brand new tricycle for her under the Christmas tree and/or Menorah.......

I just hope the last game(s) of season 2006 are at home like this past year, it was alot easier going to the Meadowlands the day after Xmas and New Years rather than getting on a plane during the holiday season. Just M.H.O.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan1983
    Aside from having 2 brothers face off against each other, it won't even be sunday night worthy. Indy will have the game before halftime.

I don't think so. I think that Eli will win this one. Not sure why, but just a feeling.

OT: Who are we playing opening day ?? Has it been decided yet ??