Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edwards' Words of Wisdom for Mangini

Banned

Edwards' Words of Wisdom for Mangini

NY Post:

"The biggest challenge for him is to stick to his plan," Edwards said. "And from what I know of Eric - I've spoken to him numerous occasions - he's a strong-willed guy and he's going to need that because he'll be tested. Everything you do is under a microscope.

"The attention you receive when you're in New York is bigger than it is anywhere else. And there's no middle ground. It's generally real good or it's real bad. But you have to know what it really is. You can't let the perception become the reality.

"I think he's going to be good," Edwards said. "I think he's the right guy for the job."

There's no middle ground. It's good or it's bad, but you have to know what it really is.

So if I'm reading that correctly, if there's nothing but good or bad it's a 50/50 shot as to whether it's either good or bad. Coinflip. Typical Sermonator babble.

Thank God he's in KC.

SAR I

Rookie
    Yeah, Scott... you know how much I miss da Preacher

On EM:
    *He's young, but he's not young. That's what I like about him. You have to like that about him. Not being young, but being young, is what it's all about!*
    Last edited by burf; 03-29-2006 at 09:48 AM.

Veteran
    Sar... As much as i hate herm, he is right about this, in NY if you`re not great you`re bad, there is no mediocre ground here...

Hall Of Fame
    He is right. If you listen to this board everybody wants the glamorous picks before filling needs. He will get a lot of criticism if he goes the glamorous route I guarantee it.

All League
    Yeah, I agree with some other people. I think his assessment of New York is dead on - if this board is any indication.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinker
    Sar... As much as i hate herm, he is right about this, in NY if you`re not great you`re bad, there is no mediocre ground here...
    How would he know what was bad? He never took the blame for anything. He ran out of town because he ran out of Scape goats.

Cottrell and Hackett.

If he would have stayed another year he might have had no choice but to label Westoff as his next Goat.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Wasn't Mangini on staff under Belichick in the Parcells regime of the Jets from '97 to '00 ? So, doesn't he know NY and the media attention having seen it first hand for 3 years?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    NY Post:

[I]"The biggest challenge for him is to stick to his plan," Edwards said. "And from what I know of Eric - I've spoken to him numerous occasions. Typical Sermonator babble.
    Helloooooooo! Eric! You play to win the game!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by papichango
    How would he know what was bad? He never took the blame for anything. He ran out of town because he ran out of Scape goats.

Cottrell and Hackett.

If he would have stayed another year he might have had no choice but to label Westoff as his next Goat.
    You forgot Doug Brien.

All League

So if I'm reading that correctly,
    You're not.

You missed the point.

The media and environment in NY makes seems things SEEM either really good or really bad -- the coach needs to know that there are in fact many shades of gray in between, and not buy into the black and white mentality.

It's really not that tough to understand what he is saying. But of course, some people are going to look to jump on Edwards whatever he says.

Thank God he's gone to KC.

All League
    I recently watched, for the 10th time, Edwards 'In Their Own Words' thingy on NFL Network. Too much free time.
    It's funny how everything now sounds like a truckload of BS.
    When I watched it, pre-quitting, I bought into his lovefest schlock. Now, he looks like a guy who talks just to hear himself talk.
    Hey Herm, enjoy the 2 microphones in mid-america.
    BTW; NFL Network wasted NO time in adjusting Herm's Jet tenure. It used to say '2001-present'. Now it has on his tombstone '2001-2005'. Just thought that was funny.

Veteran
    Everything you do is under a microscope.

o like your clock management good job edwards you retard....

All League
    NY Post:

"The biggest challenge for him is to stick to his plan," Edwards said. "And from what I know of Eric - I've spoken to him numerous occasions - he's a strong-willed guy and he's going to need that because he'll be tested. Everything you do is under a microscope.

"The attention you receive when you're in New York is bigger than it is anywhere else. And there's no middle ground. It's generally real good or it's real bad. But you have to know what it really is. You can't let the perception become the reality.

"I think he's going to be good," Edwards said. "I think he's the right guy for the job."

There's no middle ground. It's good or it's bad, but you have to know what it really is.

So if I'm reading that correctly, if there's nothing but good or bad it's a 50/50 shot as to whether it's either good or bad. Coinflip. Typical Sermonator babble.

Thank God he's in KC.

SAR I
    Just as you thought Herman Edwards was the wrong man for the job the day they hired, so did I with respect to Eric Mangini. He babbles endless qoutes while saying nothing only he's more boring at it. He was hired by Tannenbaum an accountant/lawyer because he was his best friend in the world. Neither has any real qualifications and they get the pass this year as Woody Johnson has shown he is tanking the season in favor of showing a cash profit for the first time that he has owned the Jets.

The media will give the Jets a pass but for only one year. The Sermanator is right, one year then the chants start at Giants Stadium and the planes will be buzzing the games with their banners.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks!
    I recently watched, for the 10th time, Edwards 'In Their Own Words' thingy on NFL Network. Too much free time.
    It's funny how everything now sounds like a truckload of BS.
    When I watched it, pre-quitting, I bought into his lovefest schlock. Now, he looks like a guy who talks just to hear himself talk.
    Hey Herm, enjoy the 2 microphones in mid-america.
    BTW; NFL Network wasted NO time in adjusting Herm's Jet tenure. It used to say '2001-present'. Now it has on his tombstone '2001-2005'. Just thought that was funny.
    How is his truckload of BS any differenent than Mangini's more boring truckload of BS? Answer: Herm is more entertaining.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm with SAR on this one.

Yes, Herm is making a valid point that it's either really good or really bad in NY based on the local media. But Herm says things as if it is insightful or earth shattering but they're not. They're no brainers.

"It's either good or bad." Well, okay.
    "You play to win the game." Well, no shyt sherlock.

Or how about that handout on "How the Jets Play" and it had Bill Walshian innovations as, "Don't Turn the Ball Over" and "Don't Have Penalties."

It's as if he would say, "Life is about being alive," and those in the media room would be like, "Wow" and nod their heads.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinker

True...herm actually did better than most Jets coaches but mediocre is not enough.

All League
    "Any drive that ends with a kick is a good drive"...
    Herm prior to the game with the 0-2 Baltimore Ravens..2005.

We had 9 punts and a FG..
    Herm must have been ecstatic!

Get off Herm's nutz...he was a better coach than you know.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088
    Just as you thought Herman Edwards was the wrong man for the job the day they hired, so did I with respect to Eric Mangini. He babbles endless qoutes while saying nothing only he's more boring at it. He was hired by Tannenbaum an accountant/lawyer because he was his best friend in the world. Neither has any real qualifications and they get the pass this year as Woody Johnson has shown he is tanking the season in favor of showing a cash profit for the first time that he has owned the Jets.

The media will give the Jets a pass but for only one year. The Sermanator is right, one year then the chants start at Giants Stadium and the planes will be buzzing the games with their banners.

Sorry Bob, but you are wrong again. Edwards was given a fair shot but early on proved himself to be a two-faced, finger-pointing, blame-shifting, unaccountable master of double-talk without a plan. The majority of Jets fans gave him far more rope than he deserved and he gladly took the opportunity to hang himself every time. Your bitter vendetta-like crusade against Mangini is nothing but sour grapes. 3 months into the new regime, your schtick is already trite and boring beyond belief. Same old Bob Jensen. Some things never change.