Thread: Low Expectations equal High Enjoyment

Low Expectations equal High Enjoyment

To all of my fellow Jets Fans. Just a thought. In a world of high expectations, tight deadlines and narrow margins of error, I, for one, think it will be great to go into this season expecting nothing. It is a sure recipe for success.

The pressure is off.

Some of you may remember that a few of us had high expectations last year (I booked two tickets to Detroit when we announced signing Ty Law) and we all see how that turned out.

This year, we don't know who our QB is, we have an offensive line with more holes poked in it than in Coutney Love's Arm and My Grandfather at running back coming off of hip replace.....wait, Knee surgery.

All I'm saying is that we should have fun and enjoy the season no matter what. There are sure to be some laughs, some down moments, but dare I say some exciting victories. And they will mean more to us. And if we end up overachieving, how sweet will that be?

Just Picture it. Cedric Houston throwing the block that allows Patrick Ramsey to throw the game winning touchdown to Jericho Cotchery.

Damn that sounds weird!

All League
    While usually I'd kind of dismiss your post as a given, I think that your message carries special weight this year because of the place our team is at right now. We have an inexperienced everything and we're going to need tons of patience.

Let's just relax and let this year play itself out.

Rookie
    I love low expectations!!!!!! Yeah baby!!!!!

All League
    The most 'relaxing' season I ever enjoyed was during the Kotite era, when we really sucked and I didnt expect much. Didn't get much either, but since it wasn't expected it didn't bother me when it didn't come.

I think we'll be decent though..a few games better than last year, but if it does not work out that way it won't kill me.

All League

Smile

I think we will be as good as any team in the AFC east especially with a healthy Chad.

Quote Originally Posted by Squattenheimer
    To all of my fellow Jets Fans. Just a thought. In a world of high expectations, tight deadlines and narrow margins of error, I, for one, think it will be great to go into this season expecting nothing. It is a sure recipe for success.

The pressure is off.

Some of you may remember that a few of us had high expectations last year (I booked two tickets to Detroit when we announced signing Ty Law) and we all see how that turned out.

This year, we don't know who our QB is, we have an offensive line with more holes poked in it than in Coutney Love's Arm and My Grandfather at running back coming off of hip replace.....wait, Knee surgery.

All I'm saying is that we should have fun and enjoy the season no matter what. There are sure to be some laughs, some down moments, but dare I say some exciting victories. And they will mean more to us. And if we end up overachieving, how sweet will that be?

Just Picture it. Cedric Houston throwing the block that allows Patrick Ramsey to throw the game winning touchdown to Jericho Cotchery.

Damn that sounds weird!
    You must be the guy who shows up at a hot craps table and yells "seven". Didn't anyone ever tell you that when you make plans for the superbowl in advance, your team never makes it? YOU ARE THE REASON WE SUCKED LAST YEAR! Also, the same logic applies to NEVER BET WITH YOUR HEART.

I have many friends who are Colts fans and many of them bought tickets to the superbowl after the regular season. We all know how that went.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMike
    I think we will be as good as any team in the AFC east especially with a healthy Chad.
    Thats a big if but I have to agree with you. If Chad starts playing like he did in 02 and before he got hurt in 04 and the Jets get him an O line that can protect him. It could get very interesting. The Jets would definitely catch some teams off guard especially in the begging of the season.

Hall Of Fame

The pressure is off.

Damn that sounds weird!
    the Jets are the epitome of low expectations high result, high expectation low result. 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, and 2005 are all examples of this.

Hall Of Fame
    The pressure is off.
    Yes, I feel the same way. Enjoy the journey. If losing is part of the journey to success, then we can enjoy watching the young players develop.