Thread: Is VINCE YOUNG A PHYSICAL GENIUS?

Banned

Is VINCE YOUNG A PHYSICAL GENIUS?

Excellent article

Most interesting line in the article is the is the last one:

"The intelligence failure, I remain convinced, will be seen if the team that drafts Vince Young cannot figure out how to win with him as their quarterback".

It's every bit as much can the team adjust to Vince Young, as can Vince Young adjust to the team/NFL.

You need to have both for him to be successful. If they put too much of a straight jacket on him they will take away what he does best, make plays.

IMO few coaching staffs/teams can make the best of Vince Young's talents (e.g. Vince Young and Paul Hackett could never work), but if Vince Young ends up with the right team/coaches (who know how to use his talents) watch out NFL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan
    Most interesting line in the article is the is the last one:

"The intelligence failure, I remain convinced, will be seen if the team that drafts Vince Young cannot figure out how to win with him as their quarterback".

It's every bit as much can the team adjust to Vince Young, as can Vince Young adjust to the team/NFL.

You need to have both for him to be successful. If they put too much of a straight jacket on him they will take away what he does best, make plays.

IMO few coaching staffs/teams can make the best of Vince Young's talents (e.g. Vince Young and Paul Hackett could never work), but if Vince Young ends up with the right team/coaches (who know how to use his talents) watch out NFL.
    agreed. great coaches get the most out of their players. and the most out of vince young is a whole whole lot.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrookBarringer
    agreed. great coaches get the most out of their players. and the most out of vince young is a whole whole lot.
    That's why I don't belive this nonsense that Young is not a "Mangini guy". Young is tough, team oriented, and has the desire to improve. That's a "Mangini guy".

Plus, I do not believe that Mangini is scared away from Young. You know why?

All over the media there was this notion that the Jets was a horrible job and the only way Mangini would take it was if he had gargantuan balls. Well, he took the job, obviously embrasing the challenge. Does anyone think that a man like that would shy away from drafting a player with the upside like Young's? If Mangini views Young as a potentially great player who just needs the proper coaching, then he'd jump on drafting him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    That's why I don't belive this nonsense that Young is not a "Mangini guy". Young is tough, team oriented, and has the desire to improve. That's a "Mangini guy".

Plus, I do not believe that Mangini is scared away from Young. You know why?

All over the media there was this notion that the Jets was a horrible job and the only way Mangini would take it was if he had gargantuan balls. Well, he took the job, obviously embrasing the challenge. Does anyone think that a man like that would shy away from drafting a player with the upside like Young's? If Mangini views Young as a potentially great player who just needs the proper coaching, then he'd jump on drafting him.

I agree. I still don't see how anyone could rank Cutler ahead of Young. Vince is a leader with a knack for making plays. This is a guy who single-handedly beat the most dominant college team in recent memory in the biggest game of the year.

Everyone says Vince is a Mike Vick clone but I don't see that. This dude will be the 2nd coming of Randal Cunningham. Watch and see.

Hall Of Fame
    Wow

"Do not be fooled by Vince's 4.58 in the forty; I have never seen him run down from behind in a game, and he never will be. Young also ran for almost twice as many yards per season than Vick did at Virginia Tech. This coupled with Youngs significant weight advantage (He is 230 pounds, Vick just 210) gives me every reason to think that Young will be a better and less injury-prone runner than Vick at the NFL level."