Thread: 1st 3 Jet picks: Offense, Defense, Offense?

Undrafted Free Agent

Question 1st 3 Jet picks: Offense, Defense, Offense?

With the depth this draft, and so many areas of need, the Jets should be able to select the bap:

1st 3 Jet picks: Offense, Defense, Offense?

Scenario: If on the board take LT DBrick at 4,

then at 29 would the Jets be better off selecting either an OLB (Thomas Howard 6-3 240 speed and athleticism makes him an ideal fit in an aggressive 3-4 defense as a blitzing linebacker) or selecting a CB,

then at 35 selecting C (Greg Eslinger 6-3 290 top center in this draft, pulls on run plays,screens better than any guard or center prospect in the draft).

Thoughts?

All League
    I am thinking that will be the general scheme assuming Brick is there. btw what are your thoughts on Eslinger I have read on some sites that he will only prosper on zone blocking teams? which idk if we will be under new OC.

-TheMo

Hall Of Fame
    Sounds like things might be changing between Mangold and Eslinger but for most of the time Mangold was rated much higher by alot of value boards and mock drafts.

All League
    What's your take on eslinger simply as a player not in comparison Beerfish?

-TheMo

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo
    What's your take on eslinger simply as a player not in comparison Beerfish?

-TheMo
    I don't know enough about him to form a real opinion other than the fact that most draft sites had him listed as the 2nd best center behind Mangold and that in my little survey of a number of top 100 value boards and 3 round mock drafts his average position was about 90. However I read recently where some teams personel guy had him rated ahead of Mangold.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    I don't know enough about him to form a real opinion other than the fact that most draft sites had him listed as the 2nd best center behind Mangold and that in my little survey of a number of top 100 value boards and 3 round mock drafts his average position was about 90. However I read recently where some teams personel guy had him rated ahead of Mangold.
    NFLFans.com
    Pros: All-American for the Gophers with tremendous experience and will work and work to get the job done. Good footwork, a quick solid punch, and strong for his size. Outstanding prospect who is very intelligent in a position that requires it.
    Cons: Needs to add weight as he is undersized for the pros. Has not had a lot of experience pass blocking for the run-happy Golden Gophers. Throughout his career has been a part of a zone-blocking scheme, somehing only a few NFL teams run, and is easier on the OLmen.

Hall Of Fame
    I'd rather it be:

BPA, BPA, BPA

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    I'd rather it be:

BPA, BPA, BPA
    I agree and that really should not be that much of a problem for the Jets because they have so many holes to fill.