Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Best sporting event you've ever attended

All League

OT: Best sporting event you've ever attended

mine would have to be the 2000 worlds series, game 4, at shea. i literaly sat about 10-15 rows from first base. jerry seinfeld sat about 5 rows in front of me. and then i see tommy lasorda walking up the aisle and shout out "Tommy!". he runs up the aisle, comes over to me and says "hey how you doin!" and shakes my hand like we've known each other for years. So every one around me is asking me how i know tommy lasorda. it was great. plus the yanks won. great great night.

2nd: jets colts 02 playoffs. 41-0

Banned
    mets/giants play-off game in 2000.

All Pro
    I was there in 1999 during Game 4 of the World Series when the Yankees won it. That was insane! Ruined baseball for the rest of my life.

As for the Jets: the Monday Night Miracle game, the Jets/Colts and Jets/Jags home playoff games.

Rutgers/Arizona State Insight Bowl in Phoenix this past December was a great game...wish Rutgers would have pulled it out after winning most of the game. I think I went through 10 pairs of thundersticks that game.

Banned
    June 14, 1994. Stanley Cup Finals, Rangers vs. Canucks, Game 7.

This Leetch goal made my life.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 04-09-2006 at 11:36 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    1994 Stanley Cup Finals, Rangers vs. Canucks, Game 7.

This Leetch goal made my life.

SAR I
    damn do i wish i was there. i remember that day like it was yesterday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    damn do i wish i was there. i remember that day like it was yesterday.
    The sound I heard as John Amarante sung the National Anthem is a sound I will never forget. You couldn't hear a word of his singing. It was like we were not going to let them lose.

When Leetch put that first goal into that gaping net it felt better than sex. That's no joke.

SAR I

Banned
    rangers 2006 stanely cup victory

Practice Squad
    Jets/Packers last game of the season to win the AFC East Title. We were like 15 rows up in the corner of the end zone. We have a tradition to do a shot of zambuca every time the jets score a td...they scored like 5 or 6 that day so on top of pregaming we were pretty wasted.

It was just so great because everyone just kept looking back up in the luxury boxes at the Pats/Dolphin's game and nobody was paying attention to the gets game until that was over. When that game ended...the place just went N-U-T-S!! And if I ever saw the Jets ever bring their A+++++ game...that was the game. Chad was just god-like that day. It's how I'll always remember him regardless of all the crap that's happened to him the past 2 seasons. He'll always be a hero to me.

Practice Squad
    great thread. thats a tough one though. i've only ever been to one playoff game ever and that was the sixers vs pacers in 2001, game 2 of the first round. sixers lost the first game of the series, so this was a must win. that crowd was nuts, the game was great, AI dropped 45 and the sixers didn't lose another game that series. since im a sixers fan, that was pretty unreal. it's hard to top a big jets win though so i would have to say that that is a tie with the jets beating the packers at the end of 2002. that was a pretty great game to be at also.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by preludepunk
    Jets/Packers last game of the season to win the AFC East Title. We were like 15 rows up in the corner of the end zone. We have a tradition to do a shot of zambuca every time the jets score a td...they scored like 5 or 6 that day so on top of pregaming we were pretty wasted.

It was just so great because everyone just kept looking back up in the luxury boxes at the Pats/Dolphin's game and nobody was paying attention to the gets game until that was over. When that game ended...the place just went N-U-T-S!! And if I ever saw the Jets ever bring their A+++++ game...that was the game. Chad was just god-like that day. It's how I'll always remember him regardless of all the crap that's happened to him the past 2 seasons. He'll always be a hero to me.
    that was another great game i've been to. but i still think that the 41-0 game was better. after anderson took that screen in for the td the place went absolutely insane.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    1) Game 3 of 1969 World Series. Tommy Agee Game.
    2) 1986 Playoff: Jets defeat Chiefs big

Extra special consideration, meaningless games division:
    3) 1993 Warriors v. Cleveland: Sarunas Marciulionis takes it to the hole like a madman versus the best low post duo of the 90's: Brad Daugherty and Larry Nance. 16,000 people held their breath at one time. Electric. Sarunas had NO FEAR.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by preludepunk

I was there also...That was a game I will never forget. I just remember going there and saying to myself please PLEASE make this game mean something...

and it sure as hell meant something

All League
    hahaha great avatar westcoast. looks like sar got you to go through with it. classic

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I have a few....

1. The first game ever at Jacobs field in Cleveland. Indians vs. Seattle, and Randy Johnson wound up having a perfect game through 6 innings. And by the way, you wanna talk about a stud lineup? Check this opening day lineup out for the '94 Cleveland Indians:

LF - Albert Belle
    CF - Kenny Lofton
    RF - Manny Ramirez
    3B - Jim Thome
    SS - Omar Vizquel
    2B - Carlos Baerga
    1B - Paul Sorento
    C - Sandy Alomar Jr
    And on the mound; Dennis "El Presidente" Martinez.

2. A MNF game in Miami in 1998, Dolphins vs. Broncos. I got to see Elway go toe to toe with Marino in a Monday Night game with my Dad and my Uncle. Definitely a cool experience.

3. The last home game ever at Cleveland Municipal Stadium, Browns vs. Bengals.

4. Jets vs. Seattle in '94, it wasn't a major game or anything, but after that game I was able to say that I was able to attend a game where the great Jerry Rice caught a touchdown pass (and for those that remember it really was an amazing grab), so that was important to me being I'm very sentimental when it comes to seeing the all time greats play.

5. Rutgers vs. Michigan St in '94. RU upset the Spartans that day, everyone rushed the field, just a great, great day.

6. Rutgers vs. Michigan in the '94 NIT finals, definitely one of the best days of my life.

7. Jets vs. Jacksonville in the '98 playoffs. Keyshawn was an absolute beast that day.

Those are the first ones to come to mind, I'm sure I have a lot more....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Pats beating the Dolphins in the 1986 AFC championship game (I was in the last row of the upper deck in the East end zone).

Carl Yastrzemski's last two games at Fenway Park.

Veteran
    I was at the game where Larry Johnson hit the '4 point play' for the Knicks.

Lost my voice for 3 days..

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

4. Jets vs. Seattle in '94, it wasn't a major game or anything, but after that game I was able to say that I was able to attend a game where the great Jerry Rice caught a touchdown pass (and for those that remember it really was an amazing grab), so that was important to me being I'm very sentimental when it comes to seeing the all time greats play.

Those are the first ones to come to mind, I'm sure I have a lot more....
    Steve Largent? Jerry Rice was on his way to the Super bowl that year. With SF.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive
    Steve Largent? Jerry Rice was on his way to the Super bowl that year. With SF.
    Methinks he meant '04 when Rice made his final TD catch against, of course, the Jets.

SAR I

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Pats beating the Dolphins in the 1986 AFC championship game (I was in the last row of the upper deck in the East end zone).

Carl Yastrzemski's last two games at Fenway Park.
    Nice. I lived in Sag Harbor and the Bidgehampton guys were all over YAZ, their homeboy. A true great.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Methinks he meant '04 when Rice made his final TD catch against, of course, the Jets.

SAR I
    Nice again. Buckley with the hopeless assignment.