Thread: IF The Jets take Leinart

Undrafted Free Agent

IF The Jets take Leinart

either via trading up (which I am strongly against) or if he falls to the 4th pick, then that means Pennington would be a 1 year stop gap and would be worthless to the Jets after this season, with no trade value.

I would not be happy if the Jets take a QB. I think alot of us agree that we will probably take 2 OL and an OLB as well. The only thing that would turn my stomach would be if we did take a QB at #4.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    either via trading up (which I am strongly against) or if he falls to the 4th pick, then that means Pennington would be a 1 year stop gap and would be worthless to the Jets after this season, with no trade value.
    :
    Isn't that what he is right at this moment?

If the Jets draft Leinart I think they will just cut Chad Pennington. They are plenty under the cap to do it. Ramsey will be their stopgap this year with Leinart playing by the middle of the season unless Ramsey tears it up.

Undrafted Free Agent

Wow

Good Point. Yes that is what he is now unless he can proove himself this summer and year?

I guess what I should have said was that I would prefer the Jets persuing a QB in a later round and not taking Leinart at 2 (if trade up) or at 4.