Thread: Laurence Maroney

All League

Laurence Maroney

I think it's about time everyone seriously starts to consider Mr. Maroney for our RB spot in this coming up draft. He has great speed, breaks tackles, very agile, great vision and follows blockers...great instinct...he makes plays and can take over games...he also returns kicks, between him Dwight and Miller we'd have a great return game which is more than we could say last year. D. Williams will most likely be taken anywhere from 15-25...White and Maroney might both be available at #29, and after looking at everything they bring to the table I'm really starting to love Maroney.

here's his player bio from nfldraftcountdown.
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...cemaroney.html

Hall Of Fame
    Maroneys average draft position is about 25 but he could easily slip to 29. I'd have no problem taking him at that place as long as we made sure we grabbed an OT either at 4 or 35. I am totally turned off LenDale White and would not pick him in either of the 1st two rounds.

All League
    Not sure what it is about Marooney...
    Everytime I've watched him, he's failed to impress me.
    He looks like a long strider who isn't very quick hitting the hole,
    and he also looks like he runs upright too much...
    He looks like a solid player, but didn't really stand out to me as being the best player on the field in any of the games I saw.

On the other side of the spectrum whenever I've watched the 3 other backs in this draft (Bush, White, Williams),
    I've always come away impressed.

Still Bush won't be available, White is lazy, and Williams may lack the necessary size to really pound the ball....

Anyone know where I can see more clips of Marooney?

Might be the most complete back in the draft if he could catch. i'd love it if he fell to 35. i'd really like it at 29. especially if we don't take Hawk and the other big LB's are gone by that point

I think Maroney would be a great value pick at 29, I have a feeling that he is going to go higher than pojected. Interesting note is most feel that he will be a better pro than Marion Barber, who did pretty well last year as a rookie.

Banned
    Maroney wouldn't be bad, but I'd prefer to trade down from #4 for DeAngelo Williams and grab an extra 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    Maroney wouldn't be bad, but I'd prefer to trade down from #4 for DeAngelo Williams and grab an extra 2nd rounder.
    I'm into D.Williams just as much as Maroney, if they fell at 29, 35. You have to be concerned about picking either before 20. both have their faults. I'm not one to think height is a huge deal, but Williams is only 5'8. That's really, really small. People compare him to Tomlinson, but LT is 5'10. Which you could say would be the cut off. And he's not Barry Sanders, NOBODY is Barry Sanders. Would love either on the Jets, just don't like them to high.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation
    I'm into D.Williams just as much as Maroney, if they fell at 29, 35. You have to be concerned about picking either before 20. both have their faults. I'm not one to think height is a huge deal, but Williams is only 5'8. That's really, really small. People compare him to Tomlinson, but LT is 5'10. Which you could say would be the cut off. And he's not Barry Sanders, NOBODY is Barry Sanders. Would love either on the Jets, just don't like them to high.

Williams will be gone before the 20th pick. I'll be shocked if he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    Williams will be gone before the 20th pick. I'll be shocked if he isn't.
    Which is why I kinda don't want him. Teams who want a RB will be reaching for him early, I agree. I just hope it's not the Jets source.

Banned
    I don't see him as a reach in the middle of the first round. Let's say, for example we trade with Denver our #4 for their #15 and #22 picks. If we took Williams at #15, I'd be happy. I'd rather get Winston Justice there (he very well may be gone by then) and draft either Maroney or Joseph Addai later on, though.

All League
    I perfer Addai over Maroney. Addai has far better hands and is a little faster.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kazrell
    I perfer Addai over Maroney. Addai has far better hands and is a little faster.

I do too, but Maroney has a size advantage.

All League
    imagine the chemistry if we got Eslinger, Setterstrom and Maroney