Thread: Bobby Carpenter

JetsInsider.com Legend

Bobby Carpenter

I like Carpenter and I think he fits into our defense perfectly. Is our front office considering him at 29 or 35, and will he still be there? I like him better than Greenaway from Iowa.

Hall Of Fame
    no way....greenway is just a monster....he is 10 cents short of a beast!!!

but seriously greenway, sims and lawson are all better then carpenter in my oppinion.

Carpenter maybe better fit wise i dont know.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Greenaway won't be there at 29. they're a little different, but I feel BC fits into the 3-4 scheme nicely. I'd like to get one of these LBs (I know we're pretty strong at LB, but I want to take players that can play for us ASAP.
    Last edited by John_0515; 04-21-2006 at 04:24 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515
    Greenaway won't be there at 29.
    chances are all 4 will be gone...i think we should go Mangold or D.Williams/White/Maroney with that pic anyhow.

Hall Of Fame
    Here's Scott Wright's ranking of OLB :

1. A.J. Hawk Ohio St. 6-1 248 4.59
    2. Ernie Sims Florida St. 5-11 1/8 231 4.50
    3. Chad Greenway Iowa 6-2 1/2 242 4.75
    4. Bobby Carpenter Ohio St. 6-2 1/2 256 4.66
    5. DeMeco Ryans Alabama 6-1 1/4 236 4.62
    6. Thomas Howard U.T.E.P. 6-3 1/4 239 4.42
    7. Roger McIntosh Miami (FL) 6-2 1/8 237 4.61
    8. Spencer Havner U.C.L.A. 6-3 3/8 242 4.72
    9. Jon Alston Stanford 6-0 3/4 223 4.40

We have 9 picks, Greenway or Carpenter are good but with 9 picks we could take Jon Alston and put 25 lbs of muscle on him and we have a steal on the second day.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Next to Lawson, Carpenter is the best 3-4 OLB in the draft IMO. Hopefully he'll be around at 29 but I don't see him making it past New England.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Here's Scott Wright's ranking of OLB :

1. A.J. Hawk Ohio St. 6-1 248 4.59
    2. Ernie Sims Florida St. 5-11 1/8 231 4.50
    3. Chad Greenway Iowa 6-2 1/2 242 4.75
    4. Bobby Carpenter Ohio St. 6-2 1/2 256 4.66
    5. DeMeco Ryans Alabama 6-1 1/4 236 4.62
    6. Thomas Howard U.T.E.P. 6-3 1/4 239 4.42
    7. Roger McIntosh Miami (FL) 6-2 1/8 237 4.61
    8. Spencer Havner U.C.L.A. 6-3 3/8 242 4.72
    9. Jon Alston Stanford 6-0 3/4 223 4.40

We have 9 picks, Greenway or Carpenter are good but with 9 picks we could take Jon Alston and put 25 lbs of muscle on him and we have a steal on the second day.
    Where is Lawson??????

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    Where is Lawson??????
    Technically he's a DE.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    Technically he's a DE.
    well then someone plug him on top of that list quick.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    Where is Lawson??????
    He's a DE !

TMahoney
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    He's a DE !
    He's a tweener but projects as a 3-4 LB in the pros. I believe he's about 250 lbs which is too light to playe DE in the NFL.

Undrafted Free Agent
    What do you mean Greenway is a beast? THe wrap on him is he is weal in both his upper body and lower body. He only did like 13 or 15 bench press reps at the combine. Every time someone gets named on this board, the guy is a beast. I am not saying he won't be a good player, but a beast, no.

Carpenter is stronger and faster and bigger than greenway. Everything I read about Carpenter he sounds like a top 15 pick who is getting overshadowed by Hawk.

Carpenter is a tenacious blitzer, good tackler, very tough, smart. He seems to have it all. If he is there at 29 it will be a stroke of luck.

The way things go for us, Carenter is etiher going to the Gianst or Patriots and it will haunt us for the next 10 yrs. The best thing that can happen right now is if th Giants sign Arrington, hopeully for stupid money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by providencejoe

What do you mean Greenway is a beast? THe wrap on him is he is weal in both his upper body and lower body. He only did like 13 or 15 bench press reps at the combine. Every time someone gets named on this board, the guy is a beast. I am not saying he won't be a good player, but a beast, no.

Carpenter is stronger and faster and bigger than greenway. Everything I read about Carpenter he sounds like a top 15 pick who is getting overshadowed by Hawk.

Carpenter is a tenacious blitzer, good tackler, very tough, smart. He seems to have it all. If he is there at 29 it will be a stroke of luck.

The way things go for us, Carenter is etiher going to the Gianst or Patriots and it will haunt us for the next 10 yrs. The best thing that can happen right now is if th Giants sign Arrington, hopeully for stupid money.
    I AGREE

I watched a ton of OSU Games and I can tell you, NO LIE, that Carpenter often looked every bit as dominant as AJ Hawk, and sometimes even moreso ... I'd say it was almost like splitting hairs, and I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I would sometimes think to myself, is Carpenter better than Hawk?

That's not a knock on Hawk, he's every bit as good as they say he is, that just speaks volumns for how I viewed BC

Bottom line: I cannot conceive of another player being available at 29 who would make me pass on BC if he's there

Veteran
    I'm praying that we get Carpenter and Mangold!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Bottom line: I cannot conceive of another player being available at 29 who would make me pass on BC if he's there
    Agreed and SF moving to 22 does not help our chances at 29 with NE and NYG in the hunt

This is one reason I was surprised to hear that the Jets turned down Denver twice in a swap of #15/#22 for #4. According to Bongo in that 22 page thread in the landing strip, Tangini wanted another 1st from Denver to complete the deal, so the good news is the Jets are not trading #4 unless they get > value but also probably means no BC in Green and White

Thumbs up Tsokai

3-4 OLBs, Wimbley, Carpenter and Greenway are on the rise. NE and NY are heavily scouting this position. Perhaps Lawson might be there at 29. My guess is that the new regime have a contingency plan in place if they miss on one of these players. They have visited with Kudla and GoCong, both Mangini type players. They are both intense & small-ish rush type DEs that would nicely fit the 3-4 scheme. Kudla's value has been rising and could go as high as late 2nd if there is a run on this position; otherwise he is slotted for the 3rd to 4th rounds. GoCong is probroby a 6th or 7th round prospect :