Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Jets are $12.9 million under the cap

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110

    Jets are $12.9 million under the cap

    Jets | Team is $12.9 million under salary cap
    Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:16:35 -0700

    The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the New York Jets are $12.9 million under the salary cap, according to a source with NFL contractual data.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    Jets | Team is $12.9 million under salary cap
    Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:16:35 -0700

    The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the New York Jets are $12.9 million under the salary cap, according to a source with NFL contractual data.
    So much for all the doom and gloom by idiot sportswriters at the end of the season. It is obvious that these guys are sportswriters because they couldn't do anything else in life - like add and subtract. It is unfortunate this is what we rely on for information about our Team.

  3. #3
    Great news! Besides having $ for our top crop of rookies, we can pick up some real depth in FA market after the draft!

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Guayaquil, Ecuador
    Posts
    1,260
    I wonder who will become available and worth signing during the June cuts?

  5. #5
    there's so much available cap money in the league, that there's no way every team can even come close to spending it's max.

    Look for the Jets to do some creative accounting, and write contracts with some "likely to be earned incentives" that won't be met by a number of players. The game will be how to move this year's cap space forward into next year.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fanatic
    I wonder who will become available and worth signing during the June cuts?
    That's always a roll of the dice. You usually get a couple of good ones cut loose. Time will tell.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville
    So much for all the doom and gloom by idiot sportswriters at the end of the season. It is obvious that these guys are sportswriters because they couldn't do anything else in life - like add and subtract. It is unfortunate this is what we rely on for information about our Team.
    Actually, I come here to get information about our Team.

    Go JETS!!!!!

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,233
    By the time the draft is over, supplemental draft, June FA pickups, we are going to have a very good foundation for building a quality team,

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303
    Yea,and we can also absorb Chad's Pennington's cap hit when we spread it out over the next 2 yrs also.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,929
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJets
    Actually, I come here to get information about our Team.

    Go JETS!!!!!
    Me too. At least conjecture is exposed as conjecture around here. Can't rely on the Cannizaro's of the world to do that.

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    465
    Love What Tannenbaum Is Doing With This Team. Also Mangini Hope They Still Do It In Regular Season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us