Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HUGEEEEEE news from Mortenson.

All Pro

HUGEEEEEE news from Mortenson.

Texans have not negotiated with Reggie Bush in 24 hours.

Texans HAVE been having ongoing negotiations with Mario Wililams though.

On the Texans site there is starting to have a belief that Mario might actually be the pick.

They might be trying to make up for picking Carr over Peppers.

All Pro
    Texans | Talks with M. Williams heating up
    Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:40:47 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports talks between the Houston Texans and North Carolina State DE Mario Williams are heating up. The Texans are now offering more than the money paid to QB Alex D. Smith, the first pick in last year's NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers. Williams might feel comfortable accepting the offer to become the first pick in this weekend's NFL Draft.
    Guys, if Reggie is available at 2 the Saints are not going to take him.

There is a HUGE chance we may be trading up if this happens.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes
    Texans have not negotiated with Reggie Bush in 24 hours.

Texans HAVE been having ongoing negotiations with Mario Wililams though.

On the Texans site there is starting to have a belief that Mario might actually be the pick.

They might be trying to make up for picking Carr over Peppers.

Gimme an S, Gimme a M, Gimme a O, Gimme a K, Gimme a E, Gimme a S, Gimme a C, Gimme a R, Gimme a E, Gimme a E, Gimme a N.....what's that spell....everyone together now.....

Undrafted Free Agent
    why wouldn't they take bush? they are targetting mario williams right now, and the only way bush is there is if williams isn't. ANY team would give there right nut for bush.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Drama unfolding. If the Texan's think they'll have trouble getting Bush signed because of contract demands, they might decide it's not worth the trouble to have a possible hold-out situation. Especially since they have a capable RB in DDavis. Or maybe they really think Mario is the better player. Either way, the thought of getting Bush for the Jets is pretty exciting.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The Niners couldn't get Alex Smith signed before the draft last year. They tried to throw out a huge smokescreen by contacting agents for Braylon Edwards 24 hours before the draft....Alex Smith still wasn't signed as the Niners were on the clock and they took him anyway.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    Gimme an S, Gimme a M, Gimme a O, Gimme a K, Gimme a E, Gimme a S, Gimme a C, Gimme a R, Gimme a E, Gimme a E, Gimme a N.....what's that spell....everyone together now.....
    Dude, the draft is in 18 hours.

The texans have said they WILL have someone signed before the draft.

This is significant news.

All Pro
    Question for you guys on Reggie Bush?

How much would you give up for him?

look Out For The Niners!!!

Question for you guys on Reggie Bush?

How much would you give up for him?
    It may sound like a lot, but I would give the #4, #29, and our 1st 3rd round pick just to get Bush by moving up 2 spots.

All League
    Guys, if Reggie is available at 2 the Saints are not going to take him.
    There is a HUGE chance we may be trading up if this happens.
    can i have ONE reason why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius

I would give up #4,#29 and one of our 4ths to move up or maybe our late third. I'm keeping #35 though and one of our thirds.

PFT is reporting that a deal is done between Houston and Williams. I'm sure they'll give Bush until 12 pm tomorrow to match, but if he doesn't, they'll probably take Mario and have that be that. And then the Jets and 49ers will square off for the right to move up to #2.

anybody else have that Christmas(or Hanuka) eve feeling as a kid in your stomach right now?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius

How about I give you 70 million reasons.

Thats how much there backfield was be making if they took Bush at 2.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation
    anybody else have that Christmas(or Hanuka) eve feeling as a kid in your stomach right now?
    Hell yeah. I just wish I knew who that first pick of ours will end up being. The Jets have me baffled.

Veteran
    BIG DEAL..NO would take Bush in 30 seconds if he is available.

DJR44

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by djr44
    BIG DEAL..NO would take Bush in 30 seconds if he is available.

DJR44
    How do you figure ? They have a ton of money tied up in Duece McCallister and signed Michael Bennett in the offseason. It gives the Saints the opportunity to trade the pick, but they aren't taking Bush.

BTW, PFT reports that Mario Williams to Houston is a done deal:

MARIO TO HOUSTON A "DONE DEAL"

A league source tells us that the Houston Texans have informed Joel Segal, the agent for Reggie Bush, that the team has a "done deal" with defensive end Mario Williams.

The only question at this point, as the source explained, is whether the Texans are simply making a last-ditch effort to squeeze Segal into taking a more friendly deal.

If this isn't just a marketing ploy, it represents a stunning turn of events. On Thursday, we heard that Bush was a "done deal." And even though the team denied it, another source told us that the team's interest in Williams was merely a smokescreen, aimed at leveraging Bush into wanting less money.

If, in the end, the Texans pass on Bush, the question is whether the team decided to make the move based on merit, money, or mischief. Our guess is that it's a mixture of all three, and that the most recent round of ugly news reports regarding Reggie, his family, and the dudes of New Era was the thing that made the Texans decide to move on.

Still, we've re-confirmed that, earlier in the week, the Texans' interest in Williams arose solely from their desire to drive down Bush's price tag, and that the Texans viewed Williams as the guy whom Bush's camp would most likely regard as a legitimate alternative. So if the Texans have indeed locked on to Mario, it represents a complete 180 from their earlier position.

We're still chasing this on. For now, this has got to be the craziest run up to the draft that we've ever seen.
    PFT: Houston will draft Mario Williams

I'm only 22 years old, and I think I have officially lost the stomach for all this stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Things are getting interesting, although I think Williams is the 2nd best player in the draft I'd be upset if I was a Texans fan Bush is going to be a great player in this league, the only thing that will stop him is injury if you ask me. What about Tennessee? Would they scoop him up in a second if he actually fell to 3?