Thread: Picking D'Brick is the call

Rookie

Picking D'Brick is the call

I've been hot on Matt Leinart, if he was available, and Vernon Davis. But, with Bush falling to 2, and the Saints trying to push their leverage, the answer now seems to be D'Brick.

Face it, we can't mortgage the future on a stud RB with a shelf life of 6-7 years, on average. Do I want him? yes. But D'Brick now becomes the win/win.

We pick D'Brick at 4. This is the player the Saints need. Once we pick him, the leverage switches to us. The Saints now hold Bush's rights, and I still ain't biting that they want to pay him. Now perhaps they take the 2nd round pick and perhaps a mid-round pick next year or a player. Or they don't, and we get Brick and move forward in a loaded draft.

Face it, we can't lose. Don't swing any deals until we're on the clock. You swing one before the Saints pick, you have no leverage.

All League
    I think you're right. He's Freeport, LI native, too.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet
    I think you're right. He's Freeport, LI native, too.

Deangelo Williams or Maroney are very good running backs. We can win without a superstar RB.

Veteran
    If NO wants the world for Bush they can pay his price and keep him themselves - I love the Saints, and I'd wish them all the best. They could use a player like him to not only jump start their offense but put a TON of people into seats. It could be a great move for them, but I wouldn't give them much more than the point value for him.

So yeah, I'd just go with Brick and keep our picks anyway. The only way I see us losing out in this draft is by giving way too much up in the process of filling only one of our million holes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I'm totally against taking a tackle with this high of a pick.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    I'm totally against taking a tackle with this high of a pick.
    Exceptional left tackles are harder to find then exceptional running backs. There is nothing wrong with using a high pick on a once every ten years type LT - if thats what the Jets believe D'Brick is, they absolutely should pick him.

Banned
    if bush is gone take dbrick...we have no offensive line..

All Pro
    I agree, to high to take a tackle. They need a QB end of story
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 04-29-2006 at 12:46 PM.