Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Do We Choose at #29? (merged)

Hall Of Fame

Who do we pick at #29

This is going to be interesting. How about 255lb OG Max Jean-Giles for our running game? Or Maroney RB?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Who Do We Choose at #29?

Do we go RB (many still on the board), another O-lineman (Mangold perhaps), WR maybe (none taken yet), or do we throw a wildcard and perhaps go DE/DT/LB?

I know there is a vast amount of dsispleasure that we took Brick. Personally, I believe it was the correct pick for us. Our O-line is vastly weak, even with the few we picked up in FA, and whomever plays QB will need protection to succeed (as will Martin/Blaylock/Houston/Draft Pic/Whomever).

Leinart, while the "obvious big name/hyped/shiny and pretty" pick, really could have been a risk pick for the new Jets regime. I think this picks shows that Mangini and Co. will give Chadwick (first) and Ramsey (second, or 1st if Chad is not ready) every possible chance to redeem themselves and win the #1 QB job this season. And I believe that is goes directly to the "Bellichek-Theory" of drafting, that O-line/D-line players may in fact be more important that the riskyness of a top round QB.

I fully expect to see a QB in round 2 or more likely round 3 (Croyle/Whitehurst/Clemmens/Jacobs). Again, this was THE hard pick for the Jets F.O., knowing the fans would despise it (as we clearly do, witness the drama and self-flaggelation going on right now, and the various F Mangini, F Tanny comments). They made the hard pick, the unpopular pick, but perhaps the right pick for THSI team at THIS time.

Who knows. We'll find out soon enough. But again, I stress to my felow fans, to take my tack, no mater who we take today: Do not Judge Mangini and Tanny now, Judge them when we see the FULL PACKAGE of the team they put on the field in 2006. I do not think we can really tell how right or wrong, or how good or bad, a job they have done till that time.

Remember, they know more than we do, even if we sometimes refuse to remember that.

So......who we getting at #29??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    This is going to be interesting. How about 255lb OG Max Jean-Giles for our running game? Or Maroney RB?
    If you want Jean-Giles, I think he would be there at 35. I would love to have either of those players though.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL Warfish
    we must be on the same wavelenght.

Veteran
    I'd be game for Mangold, Maroney, or Jean Gilles..man just get us some offense!

Practice Squad
    Hope we can get Manny Lawson or Deangelo Williams! Either would be alright by me!!!

All Pro
    Deangelo Williams seems so likely...man my draft of champions is shaping up...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    LOL Warfish
    we must be on the same wavelenght.
    No doubt, althought to be fair I did also want to comment on the Brick pick (I like it!, tempting though Leinart was).

Great minds think alike, eh?

And for #29, I will be happy with Mangold (OC), or perhaps a RB of some kind (not sure who I want frankly). And at #35, perhaps Max Jean-Gillies, another possibly great O-line choice.

Hall Of Fame
    I looked at the time you posted this and we did it almost simultaneous.

In any case I want Max Jean-Giles OG or RB Maroney.

Lendale White

whip him in shape he'll be a steal this late

Veteran
    Mangold if he's there.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    No doubt, althought to be fair I did also want to comment on the Brick pick (I like it!, tempting though Leinart was).

Great minds think alike, eh?

And for #29, I will be happy with Mangold (OC), or perhaps a RB of some kind (not sure who I want frankly). And at #35, perhaps Max Jean-Gillies, another possibly great O-line choice.
    With D'Brick in the pocket, I can't see Mangini doing anything wrong now. Everybody has mentioned good picks.

i was going to say b.carpenter

i guss rb

Rookie
    Born and raised in S.Ozone Park,Queens,Ny... I now live in Tampa,Florida
    Honestly... I have always loved Reggie because of his ability to take any given play to this house... I wont lie, I was upset when NO drafted him, then when Vince was drafted I was like FUUUCK! But to be Honest... The Brick is a kid who is a man, who is from Long Island, who will be the MEAN face of this Jets team for years to come... GREAT PICK JETS! Great Picks! I actually have hope for this team again!

But like I was saying... If you like a reggie, we need to do what we can to get D.Williams! He has been my fav back since day 1... I always knew we had no chance at him... But I really want D.WIlliams... If not, we need to draft L.White... I like Maroney, but I think with the Brick... L.WHite will be a powerhouse for us.

If we went O-Line with the 4th pick... We have to attack and follow it up with a big time RB

Veteran
    DeAngelo Williams, Mangold or Bobby Carpenter

Veteran
    If there, DeAngelo! He's like Bush, only not as good.

But you have to love the visor.

Rookie
    has to be williams...please!!!!

And it is tough to compare him to bush...he had no line...no qB (a third string red shirt freshman and a convert wide recevier!!!) and no receivers...I am in grad school at memphis...saw all the home games...trust me...deangelo is far underrated and a great team guy...please get him....

All Pro
    LAWSON if he's there. No question

All Pro
    What do you guys think of

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/...player?id=9334 at 29 or 35

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hanzo
    LAWSON if he's there. No question
    No question.