Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am here the guy that did not want Brick

All Pro

I am here the guy that did not want Brick

I spent the whole draft day one justifying why I did not want Brick. I support our FA but I thought Jones could do the job at LT . I do believe that we did get better after getting Brick. I just believe Jones is as good as Brick right now. And he will only get better.

so I am ready to eat my crow although I still believe it was a somewhat wasted pick.
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 05-01-2006 at 12:19 PM.

All Pro
    You are not alone.

Jason Taylor and Richard Seymore did not like the pick either.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard
    You are not alone.

Good one, DM!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade
    I spent the whole draft day one justifying why I did not want Brick. I support our FA but I thought Jones could do the job at LT . I do believe that we did get better after getting Brick. I just believe Jones is as good as Brick right now. And he will only get better.

so I am ready to eat my crow although I still believe it was a somewhat wasted pick.

Who did you want? I don't think is Brick is a wasted pick in the least, but I sure wish we would have moved to #9 to get Leinart. Oh well, he can hang out with the cards in mediocrity forever I suppose...too bad we couldn't have put him as a gem QB in our lineup.

All League
    You are not alone.

See, now that was clever.

Veteran
    You are not alone.

Niceeee

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAJet
    Who did you want? I don't think is Brick is a wasted pick in the least, but I sure wish we would have moved to #9 to get Leinart. Oh well, he can hang out with the cards in mediocrity forever I suppose...too bad we couldn't have put him as a gem QB in our lineup.

I wanted Bush first and Davis second. Getting Brick does not help our redscoring percentage. I think we still may kick more field goals than we would had we picked Davis.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I couldn't be happier with the D'Brick selection.

Undrafted Free Agent

What's wrong with having 2 very good Offensive Tackles? I am sure Pennington will be happier.

Banned

now that is voicing your opinion.. here that fatman2009..take a page out of ucrenegades technique...I dont agree with it...but thats the way you debate..

All League
    I wanted Bush first and Davis second. Getting Brick does not help our redscoring percentage. I think we still may kick more field goals than we would had we picked Davis.
    Every one wanted Bush (well, except the Texans)
    That was not a realistic option.

So what you are saying is you wanted Vernon Davis over D'Brick.

I disagree, but that is what your opinion is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FREEMAN MC
    What's wrong with having 2 very good Offensive Tackles? I am sure Pennington will be happier.
    It's not about the pass protection, it's the run blocking. Jones and Brick are going to keep our QB's jersey clean. My worry is they're not going to be effective when we need to run the ball.

Practice Squad

With an improved Ol you will improve your redzone percentage. If you can block for your qB and RB you will improve your Offense. Basic fundamentals!!!

You and I both Untouchable. I have no complaints with what one NFL GM called a "future Hall of Famer" in Ferguson.

I know that you're not high on Ferguson Steve, but we now have a solid pair of tackles in Ferguson and Jones. It can only help matters to be sure.

While I love Davis as a talent, can you imagine the reaction had the Jets taken a TE instead of Leinart? I think RCMH would have burned to the ground. I still contend that you don't take a TE at #4, but that's a different thread entirely.

All in all, I think we had a very good day. It's nice not having to open the next day's papers and read about how moronic the Jets' F.O. is.

All League
    You are not alone.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FREEMAN MC
    What do 2 good OT's have to do with PennyBoy being happy?

Will they be providing him with fresh white towels to wave?

Ramsey will be the Jets QB this year, not the China doll.

All Pro
    You are not alone.

Thanks. That was very good early morning chuckle material.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Will they be providing him with fresh white towels to wave?

Maybe... you don't know!

All Pro

How doesn't a left tackle help your redzone scoring %. Look it up. QB"s who are standing complete alot more passes than those laying on the ground. It all starts with blocking. Curtis Martin will look like younger than last year mark my words. Ramsey, Chad, or whoever will look interestingly more competent.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fifty one
    How doesn't a left tackle help your redzone scoring %. Look it up. QB"s who are standing complete alot more passes than those laying on the ground.
    I did. And its true!