Thread: Tannenbaum on WFAN

All League

Tannenbaum on WFAN

FYI...Mike Tannenbaum will be on with Francesca and Russo some time in the 4 o'clock hour.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CT. JETS FAN
    FYI...Mike Tannenbaum will be on with Francesca and Russo some time in the 4 o'clock hour.
    I will predict the umcoming interview.

Francesa: "I just spoke to Bill Parcells, who knows everything about football and the draft and that never made a bad pick in his life, and he told me the Jets made a terrible mistake passing on LEinart. Mike how did you pass on the greatest collegiate QB in the history of football, for a no-name OT?"

Tannenbaum: "Well on our board.....

Russo: "Mike you had to do it, you just HAD to take Leinart there, you have no quarterback"

MT: We expect to have Ramsey and Penny battle it out in camp, and we also drafted a guy we think has a chance of being a excellent NFL QB in the second round"

Russo: Kelly Clemens? Are you kidding me, he will never be as good as his father.

Last edited by IM3; 05-01-2006 at 02:30 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Actually, Francesa and Russo have been very complimentary of the Jets draft today.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II
    Actually, Francesa and Russo have been very complimentary of the Jets draft today.
    O RLY?

They are still good radio hosts, but really have limited knowledge of sports in general.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Russo: Roger Clemens? Are you kidding me, he will never be as good as his father.

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    I will predict the umcoming interview.

Francesa: "I just spoke to Bill Parcells, who knows everything about football and the draft and that never made a bad pick in his life, and he told me the Jets made a terrible mistake passing on LEinart. Mike how did you pass on the greatest collegiate QB in the history of football, for a no-name OT?"

Russo: "Mike you had to do it, you just HAD to take Leinart there, you have no quarterback"

MT: We expect to have Ramsey and Penny battle it out in camp, and we also drafted a guy we think has a chance of being a excellent NFL QB in the second round"

Russo: Roger Clemens? Are you kidding me, he will never be as good as his father.

that actually does sound like some of their conversations

All League
    LMAO@Ikey. Good stuff.

Practice Squad
    Was Tannenbaum ever on? Or is he scheduled to be?

All League
    He's on now

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsbabe2315
    whats he sayin?

Russo: Kelly Clemens? Are you kidding me, he will never be as good as his father.

All League
    Nothing really new...that there was a LOT of debate during the week about the draft strategy...that ultimately the consensus was if you cant win the battles up front, you've got nothing.

They contacted both the Saints (just a couple of times) and the Lions (over 20 calls during the two days leading up to the draft) but they wanted too much to trade their pick. The NYJ deicided "it wasnt worth it" and didnt pull the trigger. The Saints were not really interested in dealing but took the calls.

The usual about wanting leadership- hence picking team captains, smart players with intelligence, focus etc.

It was never specified who the NYJ would have taken with the 9th pick if they had it because a-hole Francessa cut him off while he was talking about it.

They will play the Wisky guy at TE but he definitely should see action at FB, too.
    The wild boar hunting...

The CS has "no emotional attachment" to CP, but he thrives on that competition.

As to QB "hope for the best but prepare for the worst- thats why we got Ramsey and took Clemens".

All League
    Also, re Clemens, they really like his footwork, and think he made a "lot of plays using his feet". Kept talking about that, and his instincts. He got the Joey Harrington/Akili smith question, and responded "it's a fair question", then went on to say...ummm not much, other than they are hoping for better things out of Clemens. I guess thats about it.

Hall Of Fame
    expects Brad Smith to contribute as a WR/playmaker

will play Titus Adams at NT

Hall Of Fame
    Yes and Brad Smith might play DB. Said Shotty spent some time with Clemens and liked what he saw. Said he has a great personality and very good attitude.

Everybody is going to compete at every position and the best players are going to play.

Chad will throw in mini camp in 6 weeks but limited by what medical staff says. With 6 weeks to go they'll have a better idea in 6 weeks where he is with the arm.

He's going to let Brooks,Clemens,chad,Ramsey all compete at QB.

LB ....you'll love him, he made as many tackles as AJ Hawk. Great leader.

Safety...same thing....you'll love him team captain.

DT (7th rounder) used to playing 3-4.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... francesa know's his baseball and horseracing and if he can get out of his bloated pontificating ego's way he is capable of a good interview ...

... that being said, having moved away - i don't miss listening to them in the least ...

... russo always has been and always will be an idiot ...

l_j_r

Rookie
    Listen for yourself!

http://www.wfan.com/

Pretty impressed with Tannenbaum, comes off pretty polished, intelligent and confident in what he's done so far. Also, appears good at evading questions when he needs to.
    Last edited by ryu79; 05-01-2006 at 06:35 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules
    ... russo always has been and always will be an idiot ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

Hence my signature.